Lightborn... possibly the most underrated perk of all time?
Once Franklin's came out, most people completely forgot about Lightborn, seeing it as just an inferior version of it. That's where I disagree my good sir, for Lightborn is a godsend against toxic survivors.
If you ever see two or more flashlights in your lobby, I strongly urge you to run Lightborn and see the world of difference it makes. Obviously it'll make you completely immune to blinds, and to anyone saying it's still possible prior to the buff, it's not, at least realistically. You can down a healthy survivor in the time they're trying to blind you before they can even slightly affect you. Running it immediately makes the flashlights brought in by survivors completely useless.
While that's extremely helpful, I think it's better in chase. For most survivors, they'll try and blind you while breaking a pallet, and since you'd be running Lightborn, they'd just be wasting their time, allowing you to drastically reduce the amount of time it takes to down them. Some survivors might be able to realize that you're running Lightborn after the first failure to blind you, but like I said previously, the perk is so rarely used that you will likely trick a survivor multiple times.
To sum it up, run Lightborn, and sit back and laugh as they try and blind you.
Comments
It takes longer to stop, pick it up, then start running again. They will get smacked 9/10 if they do that in the middle of a chase.
Not if you've encountered players who've used a key so often that they know the exact timings. They lost 4 meters in distance by staying and grabbing the item, but still gain enough distance to have oppertunities to increase that distance even more.
The only reason 9/10 times they would be smacked again, is because 9/10 red ranks are still potatoes. I've had people who only had the game for 5 weeks to reach red ranks. Yet they are still too afraid to loop a killer. While I consider red ranks to be the people who show themselves on purpose because they know they can loop the killer for 2-3 gens. Which we all know isnt true, as there are red rank survivors who can get 2 people on dead hook before they even touched a generator.