Devour hope... a lazy perk?

So i like to call Devour Hope the "lazy perk". All u need are 3 hooks and the game can snowball downhill real quick if not found.

2 hooks haste effect, 3 hooks exposed, 5 hooks mori

I personally hate going against a killer with Devour. It honestly feels like a cheap perk. SOMETIMES it feels like the killer doesn't have to do much.

To be clear I'm actually someone that does not hate No ed. I embrace it as a killer and a survivor, and honestly it adds another level of terror to the end of the match just like blood warden.

I hate Devour

At least with No ed we can have all match to do bones but Devour can spring up early in match and completly destroy a team.

Whats everyone's opinion on Devour? Love it or hate it? Do u use it a lot as killer? Is it too OP? Should it be changed?

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • All it does is reward the killer for playing well how is that lazy?

  • Hex's in general are quite weak and almost all need improvements.

    The only Hex that is actually worthy of being a hex currently in my opinion is DH. All the other hex's including Ruin aren't good enough imo.

    DH is actually high risk/high reward and forces you to play a certain way to earn it. Most the other hex's are all high risk/average-low reward.


    I'm actually surprised the hex perks haven't been more on their radar for improvements over other perks seeing as a meta full of hex perks is a net improvement to everyone's game play experience as it adds more objectives for the survivors. 2 for 1 in other words.

  • I love it a lot, and think it's very close to reaching its level of perfection.

    It's vulnerable all game long, and comes along with great potential benefit.

    Oh, and yeah, it's probably a lazy Perk.

    But aren't many many many other Perks more lazy?

    At least you have to perform somewhat okay to be able to get Devour Hope Tokens.

  • I love this perk! If it's lazy, then get me a T-shirt!

  • What is lazy about having to get 3 unhooks while you're far enough away without having your totem destroyed before you can use it?

  • @SCP_FOR_DBD said:

    I think its fine, the haste should be an indication for most people to start looking for a totem. And theres also the fact its a totem, so its always super inconsistent.

    The haste isn't an indication, because it doesn't actually do anything. According to the perk description you get a 10% haste effect after hooking someone but you don't actually move faster or anything. I think it's because it specifically says that it gives you haste, when all the other perks that affect movement simply say "your movement speed increases..."?

  • @ALostPuppy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1449024#Comment_1449024

    The haste isn't an indication, because it doesn't actually do anything. According to the perk description you get a 10% haste effect after hooking someone but you don't actually move faster or anything. I think it's because it specifically says that it gives you haste, when all the other perks that affect movement simply say "your movement speed increases..."?

    Don't you get a notification though? I don't play enough against it as survivor to know for sure. Either way the fact its still a totem makes it super inconsistent.

1 2 ›