Is this considered holding game hostage?
Bonjour everyone.
I just went against a doctor with some friends. They all died and I was the last person. I got downed and he stood over me the whole time. Hatch spawned next to me and I crawled towards it while he watched. I thought he'd shut it in my face, but each time I got close he would pick me up and set me further back. He was making the killer's head nod each time he set me back. Thanks to all who respond.
Comments
To be more clear, a person died on hook right before he downed me. Hatch then spawned.
No, it's not, because you eventually bleed out. It's bad sportsmanship for sure.. But not holding the game hostage because mechanics in the game made it end eventually.
Wow that's...honestly a bit ridiculous when it comes to reporting for that then. Is there anything I could report him for (I'm a new player)? He was super rude to me in end game chat.
I'd report it for unsportsmanship.. There's an icon just for that. Slugging and body camping is a viable tactic if other people are still alive and you know they're around.. but with you being the sole survivor? They're definitely being a ****
Had no idea there was an icon for that. Just found out how to report. Thank you! <3
I mean they probably won't do anything about it, but hey.. I still report people who do ######### like that, or people who shittalk too much in the endgame chat.
Just toxicity at its worst. rank Reset plus new player equals fun for someone who purposefully deranks
It's worth a shot I guess. Never know! Thanks once more haha. This community so far has been...pretty toxic to me. ;~;
Rank reset really sucks for a week or so.. I had fun games during the day.. then tonight all the toxic players were home from work and it was not fun at all.
People derank purposefully??? .___.
Nonzero chance you could report them for griefing/unsportsmanlike conduct. Can't report 'em for hostage holding, though.
Oh yes. Ive talked to many Killers who derank days before rank reset to farm BP. I dont understand there reasoning but people do it
Reports about people who talk ######### in chat are the only ones which don't need a support ticket, funnily enough.
Op, next time this happens get video evidence. Submit a support ticket under "Additional Player Report Information" and attach all the necessary details. Then check your emails and very it was a human that made the report. This is the best chance you have of getting them punished for this.
Gotcha. I'll be sure to do that next time. Very helpful!
Was he doing a EGC challenge or something?
Idk you could have broken his grasp after a few pickups and escaped
Not hostage.
If he was he would have hooked them. There's no challenge to let survivors bleed out or have the entity eat them.
That sadly happens. Earlier I thought I was bugged into a wall after picking someone.. turns out someone else was bodyblocking me so I brained them.. but yeah.. there are games where you can't pick up or heal survivors. It's really annoying. At least it doesn't happen too often.
If he was he would have hooked them. There's no challenge to let survivors bleed out or have the entity eat them.
That sadly happens. Earlier I thought I was bugged into a wall after picking someone.. turns out someone else was bodyblocking me so I brained them.. but yeah.. there are games where you can't pick up or heal survivors. It's really annoying. At least it doesn't happen too often.
He had iron grasp on. Tried to but bled out anyways.
We just found the doc in op's game.
If slugging is used for griefing shouldn't killers be more informed on game etiquette do's and don't's before they nurse a toxic behavior?
I had a similar situation with a pig yesterday; closing hatch in my face and standing over me forever. Then picking up just before I bled out letting me open gate after wiggling out and downing again. If only that unreliable deadhard works when you need it I would have escaped. Really annoying when you have to wait that long for a game to end. I don't report this unless it is really bad and clearly reportable. Start recording all your games so you can back up a report with evidence because this really helps out. In the end they will face the consequences for their behaviour especially if reports start stacking for someone and are justified.
Nah anything with a timer is fair
Holding the game hostage works like this:
Sure but it's hardly worth a ban. If you're going to go that route then survivors that are slugged after the hatch is closed should be banned if they try and hide. After all it's just wasting the killers time.