If This Is The Start Of Weekly Server Maintenance. I Say, Thank You!
Thank you for this, please let this be a weekly scheduled maintenance.
Thank you for this, please let this be a weekly scheduled maintenance.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Looks like it is finished now if it was scheduled for 30 minutes. They probably did this cause Friday The 13th was unplayable for 2 weeks cause Hackers ruined the servers. I enjoy how Gun keeps screwing up Friday The 13th cause Behavior takes notes to avoid this stuff in Dead By Daylight
weekly server maintenance sounds nice so long as its better.
Damn, what happened to Friday the 13th?
Hackers really hit the servers hard where on every platform, PC, PS4, One, and Switch, all public matches were unplayable. Gun was at a loss of words and the game was unplayable for 2 weeks. Illfonic and Gun Media screwed up that game more than the lawsuit did. I won't ever buy another game from them. Between terrible gameplay decisions to complete incompetence. I think we should just leave Jason alone at the Camp.
Did they already finish or have they not started yet? I just came out of a match so that was available at least.
I thought this was already a thing and did this in the middle of the night like most companies do?
No, there was no server maintenance. Today marks the first.
I hope it's a weekly routine.
Ouch. Feels bad for the people who’ve paid for the game and want to be able to play it. :/ Two weeks is a long time for it to go unaddressed.
sometimes im surpised at stuff like this in a negative way. whatever I'll throw them a bone since I've been hammering them pretty hard latley.
Good job BHVR, one step forward is progress, I hope you continue to take steps forward.
I've seen this in other multiplayer games, but what do developers do during weekly scheduled maintenance. Is it just improvements to the server and code?
Firewalls.
Update in code. Possibly jack up the speed, data and memory.
Rework some code, fix some bugs, back end data and encryption.
Looks like the maintenance has finally started? Error code 8,012, cannot connect to online services.
I believe it started 2 hours ago and lasted 30 minutes.
They replace the Spectrum that got splashed with coffee 3 months ago.
Probably tinkered with the code and added security stuff to avoid more hackings.
I was playing at the time though and didn't get any service interruptions. Weird.