Crowd Choice- Stadia
So from the most recent annoucement (for anyone who's unaware you can find it here), Google Stadia will be recieving DBD this September, and with it 2 exclusive features. Crowd Play, which isn't too groundbreaking, and Crowd Choice.
Crowd Choice will allow viewers to select which side the player plays, killer or survivor, as well as further on then select which character they play. I don't believe loadouts can be voted on but naturally the feature doesn't exist yet so I can't say for sure.
I was wondering- why make this a Stadia exclusive? Surely there could be a Twitch plugin made too with a similar feature, meaning that streamers won't have to rely on polls from Streamlabs or Strawpole, or just reading as much chat as possible, or the Sellout that many streamers have been doing. Hell, you could let them cheer a certain amount of bits to have their request, this bit limit set by the streamer (for example, many of those who do Sellout make it 10 quid- so 100 bits cheering).
Would this be a possibility to come to other platforms (like I said, as a Twitch plugin, or something else for the other streaming services out there. Only 2 I know are Mixer, which is shutting down- or shut down- and Facebook Gaming which, well...) or is this going to be forever a Stadia exclusive? Would people even be interested in seeing this come to other platforms (because I know I would be)?
Comments
Been watching a video series lately in which a guy playing GTA V has chat vote which random thing happens in his game.
And he's definitely not playing on Stadia, so yes, it could be made possible.
I agree, it should also be something on twitch as I am pretty sure only 3 people own a stadia
2, one of them returned theirs
Probably because the majority of people who would buy this game either have or would rather buy it for PC or console. Giving the Stadia version a few exclusive features may encourage people to buy another copy or sway some newcomers to get it for Stadia.
I can't imagine any other reason this would be exclusive.
Me neither, and it's a royal shame cause this'd be sick to see.
there is not a thing Google can do to douse the dumpster fire that is Stadia, i'd just ignore anything that involves it and move on
Yeah but wouldn't it be really cool to see this on other platforms, like being able to easily vote on it on Twitch like you can in Hyperscape?
i wouldn't be against it, but i do kind of feel like that will screw killers over more then anything, if SWF bully squads are allowed to decide who they will face then every single match will look like this
-Clown
-Clown
-Leatherface
-Clown
-Clown
-Leatherface
-Leatherface
good idea in principle, but not something i'd hold my breath over
Yeah but those same SWF bully squads would have to stream snipe them to enter their lobbies and firstly win the vote of playing killer. Especially since they don't know who they're facing until one of them dies.
fair enough, doesn't change its a possibility (a very real possibility knowing what bully squads will do to bully people), but fair enough
I'd love to have this in my twitch stream
Same!
lol, the amount of times I've seen people request non stop meme builds would make be believe this is pretty much it.
"oh, another legion game with monstrous, distressing, territorial and thrilling. OH and you can't use your power mr streamer xD"
From how they phrased it, it doesn't look like you'll be able to vote for loadouts, just side and character.
I will admit it is a pretty neat idea and I'm absolutely sure they'll have a way to turn it off. I just have the similar sentiments as DragonMasterDarren, in that I wouldn't be surprised if who ever was using it would turn it off after a few rounds of getting the same killer back to back to back.
Ultimately it doesn't harm anyone, so why not?
It makes sense for this game to be on Stadia cause Behavior wants to give everyone a chance to play this game. I just hope that they know what they are doing. Google has been screwing up Stadia as badly as Atari did with the Jaguar. Sales for Stadia massively dropped to the point that they have given 3 month Pro memberships away. Their business decisions like giving away launch games after 2 weeks on the market have made people distrust them.