BHVR GET THE CHEATERS UNDER CONTROL!!
Usually bhvr/eac was making a good job banning cheaters or making cheating not possible in the first place. In my entire 5k hrs playtime I encountered a handful cheaters.
HOWEVER, since 2 weeks now I'm getting so many cheaters it's ridiculous. I was versing a cheater average 1 per day. I made a whole txt file list of cheaters with their original steam ID and it keeps filling.
What the hell is going on right now. Did you deactivate EAC or something? This is going out of hand.
Keep in mind that just a few in my list made it super obvious that they cheated (insta healing multiple times in a single chase in front of my eyes etc), most of them made it very subtle that only experienced players will smell and notice that something fishy is going on (thankfully often enough the other players called him out and confirmed me).
Bhvr you need to get this under control asap.
Comments
If you have Video/photo evidence just report them using bhvr's system? That's how you get them banned?
I rather have them not cheating in the first place (like previously years) then going thro all the process of reporting ingame, uploading footage and making a ticket (doing it anyway tho) and also dealing with cheaters in a match
Do we have an anti-cheat tho? :^)
EDIT: and who gonna pay for it?
I mean, I suppose I get what you're going at.
But... You're taking the sloth route.
Automated Anti-cheat systems are generally unreliable.
They get the job done sometimes, but primarily, it's through *Community Communication* that gets most people banned for cheating.
That's how it's been for some time. Nothing gets the job better if you don't do it yourself, especially not an A.I.
Then I wounder why I encountered more cheaters in the past 2 weeks than in my entire 5k hrs previously. Something is obviously going wrong rn.
What's going wrong might be the developers.
These might be the worst ones I've ever seen.
They DONT listen to posts that are actually detailed in Why this perk should be nerfed or etc. I feel they only read the majority of posts saying "NERF THIS PERK REEEE" and they do so, shifting the balance further into one of unbalance.
They intentionally ignore some questions in Q and A's that needed to be answered.
They are believed to be biased due to them buffing things that don't need to be buffed, or nerfing perfectly balanced perks on the PTB before fully releasing it. Without no prior testing. Just a hit and run. (They should really be adjusting the perk statistics in the PTB until it's just right instead of doing last-minute changes without anyone getting to say otherwise. Look at Gearhead, as it's a good example.)
And the Anti cheat systems are poor.
The problem with "they don't listen to X" is that you're conflating "listen to" with "act upon what is said". They are not the same thing.
If I want to accomplish a goal and you tell me I should try X, but I try Y instead, that doesn't mean I didn't listen to you. It means I disagreed with you that X was a good idea. Given that the game has grown a lot since launch, I think the devs are on the right path, even if the vocal minority believes that they're not.
Dbd hardly keeps players. There are as much joining as leaving. Just take a look into the global achievement and you will see how bad it actually is.