Tryhard / Sweaty? Someone who uses this as an insult, help me understand

Is this the killer equivalent of calling survivoral candidates tunnelers or campers? I am legitimately asking what this means.

Logically, I'd think that a try hard is someone who's trying to win. Isn't that... everyone? Killer is trying to kill you (I would imagine) and survival candidates are trying to well... not die. So ######### is a sweaty tryhard anyway and how is it different from any other player or insulting?

I feel like understanding could do me some good so help a guy out.

Comments

  • @TheWind said:

    Is this the killer equivalent of calling survivoral candidates tunnelers or campers? I am legitimately asking what this means.

    Logically, I'd think that a try hard is someone who's trying to win. Isn't that... everyone? Killer is trying to kill you (I would imagine) and survival candidates are trying to well... not die. So ######### is a sweaty tryhard anyway and how is it different from any other player or insulting?

    I feel like understanding could do me some good so help a guy out.

    I enjoy it when they do that. Because i play to win. And when they say stuff like that, they just tell me that they are a "scrub" by definition.


    So far you have learned only obvious and mundane things. I know that taking the first step can be the hardest part of the journey, so I wanted to coddle you a little just to get you going. The coddling stops here. You must now understand the cold, hard truth of competition. This is the difficult par


  • @Huff said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1431471#Comment_1431471

    I have no idea what you're even trying to say here. Please explain, I'll be happy to get a few laughs out of you.

    But that wasn't a reply to you? 🤔

  • When someone is running a busted build.

  • I know, but I still want to know because it seems to be a thing with you trying to make it a killer v survivor thing.

  • I guess a correct definition would be people who try to win regardless of the experience of the other team.

    Mostly used by sore losers like 95% of the insults in this game

  • @Huff said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1431615#Comment_1431615

    That doesn't make any sense, because a killer can still use a mori in game and not be a complete dick about it. As you said, "facecamping is another story" and that's what I'm talking about. People who will literally do everything in their power just to shut everybody's game down, in the most scumbag way possible.

    So yes, the implication does make sense. You can use a mori and not be a camping douche that moris off first hook. I'm not saying the act of bringing a mori in itself makes you a scumbag but there's definitely a scummy way to use it. Take a look at how people would mori animation cancel over and over back before the feature got removed: people will literally just do scumbag things just because they can. Honestly, the people responding and trying to make it about killer vs. survivor in their replies to me are probably exactly that kind of person. Either that or they're just trying to be combative for the sake of it.

    I think it's hilarious how people are jumping in to white knight for killers because of what I said, just because it happens to be an example of a killer doing bad things. I could have said the "red rank SWF" example that other dude tried to bring up to me, but then it would just be the opposite, with survivors trying to get pissed and say "well what about killers doing blah blah." This isn't directed at you necessarily, but it's just funny how I give a perfectly on-topic example of what sweaty or tryhard would be (at least to most people, I would imagine) and I get people jumping down my throat about... IDEK what. I thought my example was perfectly fine.

    So dramatic.

    No one jumped down your throat or white knighted anyone.

    Fact is, though, that everything killers do gets bitched about. It's all "sweaty" or "toxic". Can't bring those addons, can't use that perk, shouldn't play that killer, hit this guy not that guy, why didn't you farm, I had a crown, give me hatch, etc.

    Survivors would never not do everything it takes to win, but no one seems to think they're doing something wrong. It's just how it is. All second chance perks, 4 BNP's, skewed rank SWF to get matched against newbies and teabagging the gates? Haha, that's ok, just get good, baby killer!

    So yeah, you'll have to pardon me if I just don't take any of the "sweaty killer killed someone" stuff seriously. Just get good, survivors!

  • @Bovinity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1433505#Comment_1433505

    So dramatic.

    No one jumped down your throat or white knighted anyone.

    Fact is, though, that everything killers do gets bitched about. It's all "sweaty" or "toxic". Can't bring those addons, can't use that perk, shouldn't play that killer, hit this guy not that guy, why didn't you farm, I had a crown, give me hatch, etc.

    Survivors would never not do everything it takes to win, but no one seems to think they're doing something wrong. It's just how it is. All second chance perks, 4 BNP's, skewed rank SWF to get matched against newbies and teabagging the gates? Haha, that's ok, just get good, baby killer!

    So yeah, you'll have to pardon me if I just don't take any of the "sweaty killer killed someone" stuff seriously. Just get good, survivors!

    You did. LOL.

    There's no drama anyway. Don't give yourself too much credit: you and many other people I talk to on here aren't worth being "dramatic." I'm just wondering why you, like many other people seem to, like to make things all about survivor vs. killer. I named one example of killers being sweaty and tryhard for the sake of answering the post and you have to reply to that with "but SWF do this." It is exactly those things.

    You are here commenting back to me with a comment about survivor side. Tell me again how you're not "white knighting" for anything.

    I'm not bitching about killer, I'm just simply giving an example of something that's sweaty and tryhard. I considered naming a SWF with all keys and Object of Obsession and DS and all that just as much. So it's not about picking one side or the other and I believe bringing that sort of mentality to the thread is unproductive.

  • @Huff said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1434917#Comment_1434917

    You did. LOL.

    There's no drama anyway. Don't give yourself too much credit: you and many other people I talk to on here aren't worth being "dramatic." I'm just wondering why you, like many other people seem to, like to make things all about survivor vs. killer. I named one example of killers being sweaty and tryhard for the sake of answering the post and you have to reply to that with "but SWF do this." It is exactly those things.

    You are here commenting back to me with a comment about survivor side. Tell me again how you're not "white knighting" for anything.

    I'm not bitching about killer, I'm just simply giving an example of something that's sweaty and tryhard. I considered naming a SWF with all keys and Object of Obsession and DS and all that just as much. So it's not about picking one side or the other and I believe bringing that sort of mentality to the thread is unproductive.

    But you didn't talk about anything survivors do, and you've felt the need to basically say, "STOP THAT" to anyone who has.

    Everything else I would say is in my previous post, so that's that I guess.

  • @Bovinity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1435087#Comment_1435087

    But you didn't talk about anything survivors do, and you've felt the need to basically say, "STOP THAT" to anyone who has.

    Everything else I would say is in my previous post, so that's that I guess.

    Because I don't need to talk about anything survivors do -- that isn't what the post is titled as. It's about people using sweaty and tryhard as an insult. The poster said they literally don't know what it means and they're asking.

    This isn't about "what do survivors do" or "what do killers do," but I've gone from amused to weary of explaining this to you at this point. Go ahead, be that one guy in the post who tries making things into a killer v survivor debate and derailing conversations. That's that I guess.

  • @Huff said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1435129#Comment_1435129

    Because I don't need to talk about anything survivors do -- that isn't what the post is titled as. It's about people using sweaty and tryhard as an insult. The poster said they literally don't know what it means and they're asking.

    This isn't about "what do survivors do" or "what do killers do," but I've gone from amused to weary of explaining this to you at this point. Go ahead, be that one guy in the post who tries making things into a killer v survivor debate and derailing conversations. That's that I guess.

    I mean, if you're so weary of it, you could just stop replying to people berating them for talking about what one side does but not the other.

    Because really, it's you creating these arguments, not anyone else. You could just let each example go by as they should, not jump on peoples cases if they talk about the side you don't want them to talk about.

1 2 ›