My personal list of killer buffs/nerfs (balance)
Pretty tired of all this Billy talk so I figured I'd do something constructive.
Now we all know not every killer should play the same, but regardless, they do need a few changes here and there to make them competitive. So here's my own list of musings I've constructed just now because I'm bored.
Trapper: Only toolboxes can disable traps. Trap disarm noise can only be heard inside terror radius.
Now Trapper has needed some help for quite some time and this seems to be the best way to do it. It not only requires an item to do so, but one that is limited in use. Now you may also ask why the notification only in his terror radius? It allows immediate reaction to it's disarmament. Happens across the level and there's no way you'd catch who did it. It's just a distraction at that point.
Clown: Gas clouds persist indefinitely in areas with the exception of generators (possibly basment too?)
Clown has had an issue with pressure outside a chase. With this buff he can essentially close off entire sections and create bottlenecks and danger zones, exactly what his power is supposed to do. The decision to omit the area generators take up is simple. To keep them from simply mindlessly throwing them at gens then calling it a day.
Legion: A distance indicator for killer instinct.
It would lessen the time wasted from fruitlessly chasing after targets not even in range.
Pig: Faster vaulting speed while crouched.
What she lacks in speed should be made up for in dexterity.
Spirit: Cannot hear any survivor noise while phased.
Yup, it's a nerf. But she already can see scratch marks, disturbed crows, grass, blood with certain add-ons...and then there's the speed buff. She's already stacked.
Wraith: An add-on that removes his speed buff/debuff but gives complete invisibility/silence.
C'mon we all want this.
Nurse: Remove the speed debuff on her range add-ons.
It already messes up your muscle memory for short bursts, why make it slower?
Deathslinger: Getting shot always wounds you but cutting the chain early still stuns.
You got shot. Like bruh I see the barbs ripping your flesh. Still need to reel in or M1 for down.
That's all I can think of for now. Agree, disagree?
Comments
Oh right, Freddy. Survivors that awaken themselves with a failed skillcheck get a few seconds of invulnerability.
A throwback to his old power. Dunno if it should still be 7 seconds though.
The idea behind these is fine, but they're not what the killers need.
For example, the buff I would give Trapper (as a rank 1 trapper main): increase start capacity and carrying capacity to 2 traps ; make bear traps spawn closer to the center of the map ; (arguable, this one) increase the speed at which Trapper picks up his bear traps.
-Increased carrying capacity is so commonly asked for I'm surprised they haven't done it yet. Bags will be adjusted to compensate.
-Making traps spawn closer to the center of the map will eliminate the need for me to walk LITERALLY all the way to the other edge of the map to get that trap, meaning our Trapper won't run the risk of losing a gen or two before he even gets the chance to SET his traps.
-Making the pick up speed quicker would just be a nice QoL buff for picking traps up while chasing a survivor.
**** the number of traps should also NEVER change depending on if the trapper player is running a bag or not. That is STUPID. ****
These changes would actually make a difference to Trapper and give him a good fighting chance. Your changes... well, they wouldn't change anything really.
It would guarantee some staying power and redirect effort away from sabo or gens as far as toolboxes are concerned.
Traps themselves aren't underwhelming in the least bit. They can injure or down a survivor, they can cut off loops and pallets, and completely reroute someone's path when they see one. I can see why they'd tiptoe around just buffing him.
Hi,
what I would buff about Amanda is that survivors with an active trap shouldn't be able to leave the trial through the hatch. They're not able to leave through the exit gates either, and protecting both gates AND the hatch can be an impossible thing to do for killers with low mobility. Once it's impossible but important for the game, it's unfair. I don't really get why the traps make your head explode when you leave the one way, but not the other :)
Her traps are pretty weak at this point anyway. I started to play her because I like the traps mechanics (slowing down the game), but honestly it is way to easy to get rid off the traps with very little effort. I know that when I play surv, I don't feel pressured by having a trap on because I know I'll get it off anyway. Either increase the number of Jigsaw thingies (not a native speaker), or make them unable to leave via hatch. Otherwise, she's gonna remain a weak killer due to the mix of little map pressure, low mobility, weak personal ability and weakness in chases.
To your other ideas:
As for the trapper, I 100% agree with handfulofrain. Having to run around the map only to gather your gear to THEN have to set up the map takes way too much time, considering how fast gens are being done at the moment. I don't agree with the toolbox idea, as this would make it impossible for a group of survivors to deactivate traps in case they don't carry a toolbox (which are a loooot of games). As I said before: impossible = unfair, as Trapper would be able to close most possible escape routes for survivors completely without them being able to do anything about it. Imo, that would be OP. Only being able to deactivate traps within TR sounds interesting, though. Still very strong, but I'd be fine with that as a survivor and a killer player. It would make trapper an interesting opponent, which at this point he is not.
The clown buff sounds fine to me, I wonder if anyone would play him then though. It would make it harder for survs to use loops, but not impossible, which is why I think it's a fine and fair idea.
The wraith buff is sth probably everybody has thought about once, but honestly I think that would be way too strong. I mean, for large parts of the map it would be impossible to tell where he is or where he's coming from, giving even the best survivors little chance to escape or do sth about it. But since he's a very weak killer as well, something has to be done, maybe about his bell. If the bell had no sound whatsoever, you could still spot him while being "invisible" , but it would force survivors to be careful and to find out what he's doing, without being warned so early that they can escape towards the next loop with no worries.
The trap is more of a behavioral modifying device. Instead of gens or running past the exit gate, they're looking for boxes or the hatch. There's ways to deny both.
And mid game it's more of a time delay mechanic that can end up as a kill. I slug someone, and leave them with a helmet, then I immediately patrol gens again. It can apply pressure.
Most of the mechanics surrounding the helmet are to prevent the pig from tunneling someone to death. The helmet cannot be a death sentence.
If they do anything with the helmet, I'd say that a good buff would be they need to first disarm the device, then take it off, so that it becomes a persistant all game mechanic instead of a one use item.
If you want a guaranteed kill though, there's always a mori.
I like your Spirit suggestion but no to the Clown and Trapper ideas.
We have to be able to undo traps without an item. He can place them on exit gate locks for crying out loud. Also, think about a 1-gen room. He could literally trap a person inside or keep them out without taking the injury. Not cool. Trapper is fine after his most recent buff.
Clown needs work but your idea is no good. His gas has an exhaustion effect if the right addon is used. Having that linger is a no.
Trapper should just start will all his traps and the bag addons should just increase it. Going on a fetch quest for your power is silly. This way if you put them in a bad position that's on you to go get them not RNG
If Trapper immediately had all his gear, he could easily set up a 3 gen which is where a normal game would go anyways. As his strength is in playing defensively. It's also mainly why basement builds are so strong on him.
And I suppose the sabotuer perk could disable his traps too.
I said the sound notification for traps being disarmed would appear inside his terror radius. Although if you built yourself for low terror radius you'd be at quite the disadvantage.
Clown really suffers from lack of structure. Sure he can quickly set up a gas cage in a loop but it goes away just as fast, so it's only good for the one chase. If it lasts in the environment, it would definitely change the way people approach him.
Wraith already slows down to uncloak before getting a speedburst. This add-on would make his approach neutral. Neither fast nor slow. But still a similar reaction as they'll clearly see him when he reveals himself. Just without the telling stomp or shimmer that would reveal him early.
Ah, I just realized the basement would be a deathtrap without toolboxes. Yup, that's a no go.
The various effects from the gas already give you a reason not to touch it in a chase. Same goes for when it's sitting around. You'd have more reason not to run through it if outside a chase. It'd be serving it's purpose. Acting as a deterrent. I don't see any downside to that if I was playing as Clown.
Hey not ALL the clouds would linger. Only the most recent ones. It would reset the moment the Clown goes over the cap as to avoid lag an all that. So he'd have to choose between locking down an area, or having the advantage in a chase.
Glad we agree on Trapper. Your details of Clown make it sound reasonable to me now. Thanks!