Why did Ruin get nerfed for being "overused"?
If I'm not mistaken, a little while ago some guy did a test of like 100 matches and ended up concluding that perks like Adrenaline and DS, were used in almost every single match. Wasn't it in like the 70s or 80s as far as usage at high ranks?
I'm not even saying DS should be nerfed. But it does show that sometimes these perks aren't looked at in the same light and I wonder why.
Tagged:
Dev
Comments
so the passive nature of ds when survivors jump in a locker or instantly hop on a generator is fine? Theres a passive nature to NOED but thats still considered fine. Every single overused survivor perk is passive. The only active meta survivor perk is dead hard. I dont buy these arguments at all. I dont even want the old ruin back, but dont lie to us. Just call it what it is, a fun factor consideration for survivors at every rank and theres 4 of them per game having fun vs 1 killer.
Old Ruin had a powerful effect with no effort needed. Most of the “overused survivor perks” have conditions needed to be met to use them, so hardly passive. Old Ruin however was effective from the beginning.
Wish I was around to actually see everything that happened. The mere fact that the community is still in such an enmass outrage about it means it was probably mishandled though. I love the current ruin and the fact it's actually a pretty good perk that can easily win games singlehandedly right now but still has all this hate blows my mind. Community communication botch and a half by the looks of it.
did noting against survivors who dont miss those skillecheks and im 1 of those survivors. people just need more practice. simple. the hex shouldnt been changed,
What a load of bs. If you're going to pull statistics out of your ass don't even bother posting. The developer said on page one in red ranks ruin was used 80% of the time, meaning in other ranks it would clearly be used less. Also your logic 'you should be happy your perk got nerfed because now you're forced to consider other options!' should be applied to survivors. You say it's fun talking about nerfing perks but there will be a balance on the other side. Remind us, what was the balance when ruin was nerfed again?
Ok, so Ruin was used 80% of the time, which is INSANE. Also, I already told you what Killers got for the Ruin nerf, if you read, I said that Killers got buffs via reduced map size, god-loops being removed and slower gen speeds when multiple survivors are working on gens. I play both sides and as Killer I would MUCH rather have ruin nerfed and get 3 different awesome buffs. As survivor I hate the 3 nerfs survivors got and am only ok with the Ruin nerf, since Ruin is still very much usable. Trust me, Killers got the lions-share.
IMO ruin wasn't that great since rank 1s generally can land skill checks in the "perfect" zone with no issues. and meant little to nothing in the match.
The big question is how to make MORE passive abilities to help killers at rank 1, but not impact the game so much that rank 20s aren't turned off from the game and wish to continue. Each perk seams to have a "Fall off" at a certain rank of players that learn to work through stuff.
There was an error rendering this rich post.
There was an error rendering this rich post.
Infinites aka god loops have been gone for years prior to ruin nerf. Here's the patch notes for the ruin nerf. Where do you see gen speed and map sizes changed?
PATCH NOTES 3.5.0 | MID-CHAPTER
PatBrutalJan 21, 2020
FEATURES & CONTENT
BALANCE
The Doctor changes
Static Blast
Static Blast is a new mechanic for The Doctor. We removed the Treatment Mode and the ability to switch between modes. The Doctor will always be able to hit with his primary weapon, use Shock Therapy (which now has a 1.5-second cooldown), and can use Static Blast. Static Blast takes 2 seconds to activate, and has a 60 second cooldown. Effects:
Snap Out Of It adjustments
Treatment Theatre map update
UI Improvements
BUG FIXES
Killer related
Map specific
Perks
Miscellaneous
Audio & Localization
UI & HUD
KNOWN ISSUES
FIXES & CHANGES FROM 3.5.0 PTB
BALANCE
BUG FIXES
View Post
The old ruind would be nice to have right now, considering how fast gens are done in this meta.
You took a look at what was annoying about playing against it, but not why players used it in the first place at high ranks?
Reason 2 is not entirely true. I've had hundreds of games where Ruin did very little. Remember this is back when repair efficency was not nerfed with multiple people on the gen at the same time and toolboxes were still strong. On top of that, the totem spawns were, and still are, rather bad. There is a reason people complained about totems getting broken within seconds of the match start.
Reason 3 I agree with. One of the issues I had using Ruin and going against it was the frequency of skill checks. There have been times where I had no skill checks with Ruin up and times where the skill checks were so frequent that it was hard to make progress. Had your team just changed the skill check chances at base with Ruin specifically, I think it would have been fine.
New Ruin isn't bad, but the change wasn't really necessary in my opinion.
"We saw killers felt they needed this perk to have a chance at winning. However, we were worried our survivor players were not having fun, so killers can go play Civ while we address survivor frustrations."
Noice.