The rift was way too grindy!
I recently moved to Xbox from PS4 and started a fresh new account. In all this time during this recently past rift, I managed to grind up to player level 85 and completed almost all the survivor challenges and some killer challenges. Yet I was still short from reaching rift 70 by around 10.
This whole time I've been playing DBD almost exclusively because I don't have a lot of games on Xbox but still didn't come close to completing the rift. I was thinking about buying the premium early on and am so happy I decided to wait...
Comments
Wasnt so bad for me. I blew through every killer challenge, but still had like half the survivor ones to go and still managed to complete the rift even though I didnt start it right away. The rift was out for like a week I think before I started working on it.
Yeah, dont buy the rift unless you have already completed it or you are sure you are going to complete it, otherwise you will most probably be wasting your money
The first three levels I completed all of the killer and Survivor challenges and had tier 70 in the rift done by halfway through level 4. That being said, a lot of it was super grindy and I feel you should be able to complete the rift by playing just the killer or Survivor challenges but the Tome is split about 1/2 Survivor, 1/6 both, and 1/3 killer so there are definitely more Survivor challenges to complete and many of the killer perk based ones depend on the Survivors you're playing against to complete instead of your skill as the killer. They need to even out the challenges like 1/3 surv, 1/3 killer, 1/3 either or and make them less of a grind, where I don't have to play five games to get one challenge and can complete it in one or two trials instead.