So the kill rate numbers

There was a statistic thrown around by the devs.

It was like Kill rates overall and in red ranks + best survivor maps and best killer maps.

I Know that the overall rates were pretty high

and I would think overaltruism and Genrushing without cleansing totems (Noed) were huge factors why the killrate is so high.

But I wanted to ask If DCs are counted as kills in this chart.

Because the statistics were made before the DC penalty and tbh 1/10 survivors DC at least in my games.

(most times after things like very fast down, waiting Dstrike out or DC hatch "tech")

So were DCs counted as kills?

Comments

  • BHVR stated in some threads that any match with a DC was omitted from the stats. I remember this for sure because I asked the same question back in November and Peanits(or Almo) let me know that they were omitted. Which, honestly, I'm still not sure how I feel about it.

    BHVR also stated that the Killrates for Red Rank Killers was "vs Any Ranks" not just "vs Red Rank" Survivors.

  • That graph was made a year ago and its unreliable, well, unreliable as long as it does not help me fulfill my agenda.

  • @Todgeweiht said:

    That graph was made a year ago and its unreliable, well, unreliable as long as it does not help me fulfill my agenda.

    So you're saying the devs have an agenda to push 20% of the playerbase over the 80%ers?


    Sure bud


    Logically speaking killrates mean jackshit, you'd know this if you soloQd alot.


    Tons of people who will kill themselves on hook over playing against killer X.


    Tons of people who will afk/DC


    Challenges that counteract "normal" survivor gameplay hence ppl rushing hooks to get challenges done or disturbing crows by running around the map.

  • Yeah I always wonder about the data because its hard to discern how many kills and escapes came from one hook mori's, survivors being afk, survivors suiciding on first hook, the killer being afk, killer trying to depip, farming matches, keys, bad matchmaking etc.

    These things don't really speak to the strength or weakness of a killer.

  • @Valor188917 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1420768#Comment_1420768

    So you're saying the devs have an agenda to push 20% of the playerbase over the 80%ers?

    Sure bud

    Logically speaking killrates mean jackshit, you'd know this if you soloQd alot.

    Tons of people who will kill themselves on hook over playing against killer X.

    Tons of people who will afk/DC

    Challenges that counteract "normal" survivor gameplay hence ppl rushing hooks to get challenges done or disturbing crows by running around the map.

    What I am saying is that people got the wrong conclusion from the graph and were using it to say "survivors opie" or "killers opie", but then when the graphs were used against them they said they were "unreliable".

  • @Todgeweiht said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1420771#Comment_1420771

    What I am saying is that people got the wrong conclusion from the graph and were justifying it to say "survivors opie" or "killers opie", but then when the graphs were used against them they said they were "unreliable".

    Strawmanning is fun.


    People came to the conclusion that survivors are OP by logically thinking and also by marth's experiment, we didn't need graphs for that.

  • @Todgeweiht said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1420771#Comment_1420771

    What I am saying is that people got the wrong conclusion from the graph and were justifying it to say "survivors opie" or "killers opie", but then when the graphs were used against them they said they were "unreliable".

    Yup.

    It was a complete mess when they were released. And every now and then someone will come out of the woodwork and use it to support their belief.

    I've said it before and I'll say it again, the data is just numbers. We don't know really anything about what those numbers actually stand for or what they actually mean because we have so little info about the actual data. But people will keep using it as definitive proof of something, even if the data proves nothing.

  • @Valor188917 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1420779#Comment_1420779

    Strawmanning is fun.

    People came to the conclusion that survivors are OP by logically thinking and also by marth's experiment, we didn't need graphs for that.

    Bruh the one strawmanning here is you, I never said nothing about the devs pushing anything.

  • DC's were not included.

    I wish they would exclude Moris and keys from future stats as well as separate it all by Ranks since mixing rank 1 with 20 gameplay isn't exactly a great idea to draw balance conclusions from imo.

  • @Valor188917 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1420779#Comment_1420779

    Strawmanning is fun.

    People came to the conclusion that survivors are OP by logically thinking and also by marth's experiment, we didn't need graphs for that.

    And here we have the classic: "Accusing someone of a straw-man and then creating a straw-man" argument. They don't know what a straw-man is but they know that it is used to disregard someone else's argument. They use it aggressively. But it is high risk because, you see, they almost always follow it up with an actual straw-man argument.

    Literally: What?

  • Stop fighting guys XD my question is answered^^

  • @GodDamn_Angela said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1420783#Comment_1420783

    And here we have the classic: "Accusing someone of a straw-man and then creating a straw-man" argument. They don't know what a straw-man is but they know that it is used to disregard someone else's argument. They use it aggressively. But it is high risk because, you see, they almost always follow it up with an actual straw-man argument.

    Literally: What?

    Google strawmanning, then come back, what he did was quite the literal example because nobody here used those stats to disprove anything.