Hex totems need a rework

Too easy to delete the perk instantly. Happens in at least 2/3's of games when a hex totem is run. Too RNG as well.

Comments

  • @wildcardyo said:

    Too easy to delete the perk instantly. Happens in at least 2/3's of games when a hex totem is run. Too RNG as well.

    Dude hex Totems right now are OP as duck. Play two or three and you will see that min. one Totem will live the whole game because some spots are too good.

  • Well like others will point out, it’s high risk, high reward mentality. If you don’t like rolling the dice, then don’t.

    Also you can make a Hex build because we do have Hex perks that protect each other and have synergy with each other. Personally I wish I wasn’t chained to BBQ n Chilli because a Hex build needs you to go ALL IN when you do it.

  • Nah they just need better hiding spots in the older maps.

  • Hex build are good in some map but overall they are useless survivor spawn on them 3/4 of the time

  • hexes are trash, too unreliable to be considered good. Sure pop is inferior to ruin, but it's much more consistent.

  • @ILoveDemo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/169456/hex-totems-need-a-rework

    Dude hex Totems right now are OP as duck. Play two or three and you will see that min. one Totem will live the whole game because some spots are too good.

    I ran this hex build for my last game of the night, last night. All 4 totems were gone in under the first 90 seconds of the game. This was the first game I had ever left as killer. I was met with hostility in chat. I felt ripped off for having these perks in the game.

  • @wildcardyo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1420323#Comment_1420323

    I ran this hex build for my last game of the night, last night. All 4 totems were gone in under the first 90 seconds of the game. This was the first game I had ever left as killer. I was met with hostility in chat. I felt ripped off for having these perks in the game.

    Unlucky but this is very rare

  • 6 of 7 games my single hex build has been taken out in under 45 seconds, it's unreal. The game the hex did survive, the up time lasted about 3-4 minutes.

  • I think a few things could fix hex totems without changing their mechanics.

    1) Would be reducing their size by half or more.

    2) Making them darker/blend in to the environment more.

    3) Adding more spawn points so their spawns cannot be memorized easily.

    4) Deleting the more obvious spawn points and making them spawn in tricky areas.

    5) Not allowing any ones in the open to spawn within a certain distance of any spawning survivors.

    6) Not having them spawn within close proximity to generators.

    7) Reworking all 5 totems to show an active hex (lit fire), but only have 1 totem carry the actual hex. Players ignore the dull totems right now outside of NoED

  • Totems are so laughably easy to find and break its stupid. Ive seen them litterally 2 meters from a gen. My fav moment was popping a gen and the dull totem to my left popped so i broke noed in 16 seconds from it starting. This is not that rare of an occurance