I do not enjoy the concept of "sets"

idk i really like some aspects of the new nea skin but not others and i would love for example instead of using her "head set" i could use her "pastel bob wig head" with the new hoodie that I adore but i can't because "set" i think its kinda lazy from the devs to make a "set" to not have to work on making sure all the cosmetic of the character works together even tho it could look great

for cheryl I kinda understand why her nurse "set" is a "set" as it fundementally change her character somewhat and for her other skins i guess because of issues probably with the franchise contract ectect

but for nea outside of pure lazyness i cannot acknowledge any reason why they would make it a "set"

Comments

  • This topic was already discussed and CM said their opinion on the matter, for nea they made it a set due to clipping issues.

  • @Veen said:

    This topic was already discussed and CM said their opinion on the matter, for nea they made it a set due to clipping issues.

    so lazyness they didnt wanted to bother fixing the "clipping" issues

  • You don’t have to like them nor buy them.

    those sets are designed to be a set and next to clipping issues there are just design choices like Neas hoodie that prevents mixing it with other cosmetics. It’s really not that big of a deal and actually makes new designs possible like actual dresses etc.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Ok

    I for one like them, since I almost never mix and match cosmetic sets anyway because most combinations look weird and out of place and few of them actually look better than the set they came in. to each their own, but it's not like every set is going to be linked.

    Oh, and another thing...cosmetics don't affect gameplay, so why does it even matter in the end? don't like it? don't buy it. This new Nea cosmetic is basically her Grim Matsuri set 2.0, I'm seeing it everywhere. It's a nice cosmetic. If I was a Nea main I'd definitely get it.

    You not being able to match diff cosmetic together and not liking doing so , doenst mean others can't and don't aswell , I personally manage to mixed diff cosmetic on all my characters and to good success

    i never said they affected gameplay but okay

    it matters because like I said I like some aspect of it that I wish I could use without having to use the other aspects that i do not like

    @Mooks said:

    You don’t have to like them nor buy them.

    those sets are designed to be a set and next to clipping issues there are just design choices like Neas hoodie that prevents mixing it with other cosmetics. It’s really not that big of a deal and actually makes new designs possible like actual dresses etc.

    well I like aspects of them

    If they just tried a tiny bit her hoodie could work well with most of her cosmetic aside her maybe "beanie" heads , tbh her current set "head set" i am pretty sure might have been harder to make work with the hoodie than it would be to make most of her other heads to work with it lol , I can see very easily most of her other head pieces aside her beanie ones work to great success with the hoodie , such wasted potential on lazyness

    look at claudette she has wonderful dresses that arent a part of forceful sets , so can nea , new design are very much possible without forceful "sets"

  • Never liked how people mix their outfits. Its bad in 90% of cases and indeed out of place. There are some exeptions but i still prefer single piece outfits. They look good and unique.

  • I like them because it give more freedom to the artist to create cooler skin, to each their own.

    And I mean I like that they will do both linked and unlinked one.

  • @Gonourakuto said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1420231#Comment_1420231

    so lazyness they didnt wanted to bother fixing the "clipping" issues

    You have no idea how those things work. The way her skin was build, makes it unique and different from other cosmetics, but exclude the ability to mix with other cosmetics. Look at the pants and a shirt and the hood. There are no skins like that, thus making this one a Unique one.

  • @6yXJI0 said:

    Never liked how people mix their outfits. Its bad in 90% of cases and indeed out of place. There are some exeptions but i still prefer single piece outfits. They look good and unique.

    personal point of view that not everyone shares

    @UseTheValve said:

    I like them because it give more freedom to the artist to create cooler skin, to each their own.

    And I mean I like that they will do both linked and unlinked one.

    I fail to see how it gives them more "freedom" the new nea skin isnt anything insanely diff from her other ones and could very easily combine with most of her other cosmetics, if it was vastly diff why not i could understand the freedom thingy but it isnt

  • @6yXJI0 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1420234#Comment_1420234

    You have no idea how those things work. The way her skin was build, makes it unique and different from other cosmetics, but exclude the ability to mix with other cosmetics. Look at the pants and a shirt and the hood. There are no skins like that, thus making this one a Unique one.

    neither do you , and like i said above the skin isnt this diff from her other skins in concept , its pretty easy to see that if they just tried it would be easy to make it work her other cosmetic

    the pants even in its current state could work with most of her other chest pieces you not being able to see it through a lack of simple imagination isnt a issue of mine and even if its truly an issue they could just modify it a tiny bit by making it less tall on the chest to make it work , poof problem solved

    the hoodie is even less an issue than the long chest eating pants

  • Full sets are nice as an option but I hope the creativity to mix outfits don't get lost by this new feature. After seeing that the Nea outfit is just a complete set, I refused to buy it.

  • it's just sad that they didn't thought of it when releasing bunny Feng, which was a skin that people wanted for so long and it was actually kinda bad.

  • It opens up more opportunities for unique clothing. Some can’t be made separate because of aforementioned clipping issues & may look rather unfinished if combined with other clothing.

  • @YaiPa said:

    it's just sad that they didn't thought of it when releasing bunny Feng, which was a skin that people wanted for so long and it was actually kinda bad.

    I like bunny feng kinda its not great but it isnt bad either

    @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1420311#Comment_1420311

    You saying that it's a point of view that not everyone shares is redundant. You clearly like the idea, others like myself do not. That's the end of that.

    If, however, there was some sort of movement within the community to have every non-licensed set be interchangeable, then i guess it's worth talking about, but right now? no. It's not a huge issue and it's irrelevant if you like to mix and match stuff or not, because cosmetics already exist and will continue to exist that can be mixed and matched. Linked cosmetics allow the devs to do more creative outfits without worrying about clipping. It's not "lazy" at all that they aren't doing more to try and make them not clip, it literally limits their creative process when designing cosmetics. Oni's upcoming legendary cosmetic will very likely be linked because it will be something so out of the box that mixing it with other pieces would clip and look weird as hell. Nea's cosmetic is linked due to the cape, and it would collide with other head cosmetics that don't fit within the headspace that the hood provides.

    It sounds harsh, but get over it. If you don't like it, don't buy it. Wait for new cosmetics that can be interchangeable to come out if you're really that desperate.

    yeah I bothered only reading the start and from I read your own msg makes your entire argument even more irrelevant than mine because no one asked for sets either and stuff and mixing cosmetic as always been a part of dbd so whatever

    you don't like me talking about then go and stop talking about it why does hurt you that I complain about it ? bye , you don't wanna argue and acknowledge others opinion than and don't come argue on the forums

    @Customapple0 said:

    It opens up more opportunities for unique clothing. Some can’t be made separate because of aforementioned clipping issues & may look rather unfinished if combined with other clothing.

    if only this nea skin was actually this unique that it actually required to be a set but it isnt

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1420887#Comment_1420887

    I'm expressing my opinion on mixed and bound sets, you just can't accept it when someone criticises your own opinion, or tries to explain to you why bound sets exist. Sorry I'm not in full agreement with you, or I've said something to hurt your feelings. I know when someone has a different opinion, it can be hurtful, but you get used to it eventually and see that not everyone agrees with the same thing. Hopefully you can eventually come to terms with the fact that bound cosmetic sets are a thing and will continue to be a thing, because it's the developers creative decision. It's ok to not like them, I never said it wasn't, but feeling threatened just because someone does like them, isn't very healthy.

    you didnt critisize my opinion you said that because no one else speak about it than my opnion was irrelevant , whatever idc the devs wanna be lazy then they are lazy good for them

  • @Gonourakuto said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1420295#Comment_1420295

    personal point of view that not everyone shares

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1420304#Comment_1420304

    I fail to see how it gives them more "freedom" the new nea skin isnt anything insanely diff from her other ones and could very easily combine with most of her other cosmetics, if it was vastly diff why not i could understand the freedom thingy but it isnt

    Well that Nea one has higher waisted pants, a cloak that is basically 2 piece of clothing high. Eventually they might do something cooler with it tho.

  • I personally think sets are fine - but if you're going to release a full outfit without the ability/freedom to mix and match, it needs to cost less than a normal full outfit.