Huntress

So ive been playing huntress with the mindset of oh well I'll get wrecked and even then ill let people escape just to practice my cross maps and my hatchet angles is this a good mindset because every time I try my best I lose and feel like crap I just wanna get good but i am not sure how

Comments

  • Losing mindset = lost game before the start

    Change it to "I'm gonna try to hit my best hatchets"! If you hit a good one at the trial they will be afraid of you because you're deadly!

    Keep trying mate, she's the most rewarding when playing! Nothing compares to a good hit with those hatchets

  • When I was goin for my 15+ meter challenge, I kept aiming for long shots since I didnt wanna get unlucky and hit 14.5 meters or something. Wasnt even really too concerned with gens, just with nailing shots. Found out I could hit shots that before I wouldnt have even tried for and ended up puttin fear in the survivors because they knew as long as I had LOS... they were in danger. Feel like this improved my Huntress game overall because after that...I started tryin for those long shots.

  • I am a Huntress main and this is a terrible mindset to have. A good Huntress will absolutely dominate 4 survivors. Going into a game like that already sets you up to lose. She is not a weak killer. She is very strong. Just keep practising and you will get there eventually. She takes some learning unlike some M1 killers.

  • @jisp3r said:

    Losing mindset = lost game before the start

    Change it to "I'm gonna try to hit my best hatchets"! If you hit a good one at the trial they will be afraid of you because you're deadly!

    Keep trying mate, she's the most rewarding when playing! Nothing compares to a good hit with those hatchets

    No when I said when I try my best I mean actually trying to win because I cant win when im bad and getting upset over that will make me give up I try my absolute best to hit my hatchets

  • @LordGlint said:

    When I was goin for my 15+ meter challenge, I kept aiming for long shots since I didnt wanna get unlucky and hit 14.5 meters or something. Wasnt even really too concerned with gens, just with nailing shots. Found out I could hit shots that before I wouldnt have even tried for and ended up puttin fear in the survivors because they knew as long as I had LOS... they were in danger. Feel like this improved my Huntress game overall because after that...I started tryin for those long shots.

    Ive been trying to go over jungle gyms and well its hard

  • @Komodo16 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1419898#Comment_1419898

    Ive been trying to go over jungle gyms and well its hard

    I dont blindly throw hatchets

  • No I use nurses and bbq and bitter murmur so I can have info at all times to try and learn the angles

  • Its like magic, if you tell yourself "I can't do it", then you brain will automatically make so that you really can't, but if you think otherwise with "I can do it", it will do its best to achieve its task.

    So drop your current mindset and just say "I'll do my best". Don't make a match easier for survivors, the more they fear you, the better.

    Be more confident with yourself. Learning Huntress is not hard, just will take some time and effort.

  • @calem said:

    I am a Huntress main and this is a terrible mindset to have. A good Huntress will absolutely dominate 4 survivors. Going into a game like that already sets you up to lose. She is not a weak killer. She is very strong. Just keep practising and you will get there eventually. She takes some learning unlike some M1 killers.

    I mean when I say that I mean my mindset is I dont care about losing because if I do ill give up I mean I 100 percent try my best to hit hatchet and get better but im not going to go all out and try and win because that entails mind games and m1 and everything I dont care for I care about the hatchet and I suck so if I focus on the win ill just feel like crap you feel me

  • @Kees_T said:

    Its like magic, if you tell yourself "I can't do it", then you brain will automatically make so that you really can't, but if you think otherwise with "I can do it", it will do its best to achieve its task.

    So drop your current mindset and just say "I'll do my best". Don't make a match easier for survivors, the more they fear you, the better.

    Be more confident with yourself. Learning Huntress is not hard, just will take some time and effort.

    First its not that I can't do it its that ill lose because its true to me losing is black pipping and having to camp for my kills and my mindset is only because I don't want to focus on winning because ill feel bad and give up and she is hard you cant hit every hatchet and I am on console and hatchet flicks are rare for me ducking is a big weakness you cant beat and I try to only do hatchet so yeah she is hard maybe not for you but for a lot of people she is which is why I don't expect to win or ill feel like crap I go in the gamed and I try my damned hardest to get my hatchet and learn my stuff and as my statement was I wanna get good with huntress meaning the hatchet I dont want to win right now ill want to win when I have the abilities to lead to it

  • @Komodo16 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1419946#Comment_1419946

    First its not that I can't do it its that ill lose because its true to me losing is black pipping and having to camp for my kills and my mindset is only because I don't want to focus on winning because ill feel bad and give up and she is hard you cant hit every hatchet and I am on console and hatchet flicks are rare for me ducking is a big weakness you cant beat and I try to only do hatchet so yeah she is hard maybe not for you but for a lot of people she is which is why I don't expect to win or ill feel like crap I go in the gamed and I try my damned hardest to get my hatchet and learn my stuff and as my statement was I wanna get good with huntress meaning the hatchet I dont want to win right now ill want to win when I have the abilities to lead to it

    Well playing on console is horrible, with Huntress then it must be a real pain. Its a normal situation that you're into, people don't like lose, we only care about winning.

    Well for me, I play for fun, Huntress is fun and satisfying to play, theres no better feeling than landing a hatchet on a guy in the other side of the map(done this yesterday), If I lose, its okay, DBD is pure RNG so most things are out of your control, caring about it will just make it feel angry for no reason.

    So just play for fun, if you can't, stop playing or take a break. I have 2k hours in dbd, when I was learning Huntress (I had like 1300 hours), I almost couldn't land shots, but that didnt made me feel bad, it made me feel like "NEXT GAME LETS GO BOY", it was fun, especially when you land good hatchets, made my brain crazy with how much dopamine I got from playing with her.

    Fun in DBD is totally subjective, its normal to feel bad sometimes, but if its always like that, you must play other game(play survivor maybe) or like I said take a good break from the game.

  • @Kees_T said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1419957#Comment_1419957

    Well playing on console is horrible, with Huntress then it must be a real pain. Its a normal situation that you're into, people don't like lose, we only care about winning.

    Well for me, I play for fun, Huntress is fun and satisfying to play, theres no better feeling than landing a hatchet on a guy in the other side of the map(done this yesterday), If I lose, its okay, DBD is pure RNG so most things are out of your control, caring about it will just make it feel angry for no reason.

    So just play for fun, if you can't, stop playing or take a break. I have 2k hours in dbd, when I was learning Huntress (I had like 1300 hours), I almost couldn't land shots, but that didnt made me feel bad, it made me feel like "NEXT GAME LETS GO BOY", it was fun, especially when you land good hatchets, made my brain crazy with how much dopamine I got from playing with her.

    Fun in DBD is totally subjective, its normal to feel bad sometimes, but if its always like that, you must play other game(play survivor maybe) or like I said take a good break from the game.

    I just need help on angles and stuff and hatchet flickbecause god she is easy to juke and I tried 100 sensitivity but suffered

  • @Komodo16 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1420001#Comment_1420001

    I just need help on angles and stuff and hatchet flickbecause god she is easy to juke and I tried 100 sensitivity but suffered

    You can watch some guides. Also flick is more to experienced Huntress, so you could play more safe and aim carefully to practice more your aim.

    Scott made this guide a while ago and its very informative: https://youtu.be/IQRDijaX5Io

  • @Komodo16 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1419940#Comment_1419940

    No I use nurses and bbq and bitter murmur so I can have info at all times to try and learn the angles

    still, unless I have LOS I dont typically yeet hatchets. Its too easy for them to snag on the hitboxes of branches and such.

  • @Kees_T said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1420021#Comment_1420021

    You can watch some guides. Also flick is more to experienced Huntress, so you could play more safe and aim carefully to practice more your aim.

    Scott made this guide a while ago and its very informative: https://youtu.be/IQRDijaX5Io

    I watched but its not exolaining angles and yeah ive done 2 hatchet flicks in a matter of like 5 seconds to down a girl but as quick as my sexy shots came they left

  • @LordGlint said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1419944#Comment_1419944

    still, unless I have LOS I dont typically yeet hatchets. Its too easy for them to snag on the hitboxes of branches and such.

    Yeah but I want to be able to arc into jungle gyms to hit people after bbq and if I don't practice that then the only crossmaps I can get are in open areas which are no fun

  • @Komodo16 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1420024#Comment_1420024

    I watched but its not exolaining angles and yeah ive done 2 hatchet flicks in a matter of like 5 seconds to down a girl but as quick as my sexy shots came they left

    Its Impossible to teach you how to "curve" your hatchets because its goes different for each person. You will need to learn by yourself, so keep trying.

  • @Kees_T said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1420080#Comment_1420080

    Its Impossible to teach you how to "curve" your hatchets because its goes different for each person. You will need to learn by yourself, so keep trying.

    Well I mean if you throw a hatchet straight at max charge you cant hit an OoO user unless you aim up so that's what id like to know like the distances which would help with angles

  • @Komodo16 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1420104#Comment_1420104

    Well I mean if you throw a hatchet straight at max charge you cant hit an OoO user unless you aim up so that's what id like to know like the distances which would help with angles

    Yes and that is what you need to learn. You Will get the feeling of the angles with time.

  • @Kees_T said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1420140#Comment_1420140

    Yes and that is what you need to learn. You Will get the feeling of the angles with time.

    How much time I havent had consistent practice and I maybe have 20 hours in total with her max and 10 minimum

  • @Komodo16 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1420047#Comment_1420047

    Yeah but I want to be able to arc into jungle gyms to hit people after bbq and if I don't practice that then the only crossmaps I can get are in open areas which are no fun

    If you have a target in a jungle gym, thats not something your going to be able to hit.. You cant throw the hatchets up enough to have em pass over the wall but still hit a target down below. Waist high wreckage and cars are one thing, but junglegym walls are another.

  • @LordGlint said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1420085#Comment_1420085

    If you have a target in a jungle gym, thats not something your going to be able to hit.. You cant throw the hatchets up enough to have em pass over the wall but still hit a target down below. Waist high wreckage and cars are one thing, but junglegym walls are another.

    Are you sure because I was pretty sure you could hit people on generators im a jungle gym

  • Going in thinking you're going to lose isn't the best. You should probably go in and think, "I'm going have some fun and get some practice, I don't really care what happens." The "oh well" part is great and all, but if you are actually getting upset when you lose, I don't think you're really in that mindset.

    What worked for me when I was learning her was not really caring about the outcome and instead focusing on how much I was improving. Everyone's bad at her when they start. The people you see doing really well with her consistently have played her for hundreds if not thousands of hours, and even they have bad matches sometimes. Going in expecting to be like that is setting yourself up for disappointment. Instead, focus on what you messed up last time, and try to do it better next match. That way you've got a small victory that you can celebrate every time, even if you lose.

  • @Peanits said:

    Going in thinking you're going to lose isn't the best. You should probably go in and think, "I'm going have some fun and get some practice, I don't really care what happens." The "oh well" part is great and all, but if you are actually getting upset when you lose, I don't think you're really in that mindset.

    What worked for me when I was learning her was not really caring about the outcome and instead focusing on how much I was improving. Everyone's bad at her when they start. The people you see doing really well with her consistently have played her for hundreds if not thousands of hours, and even they have bad matches sometimes. Going in expecting to be like that is setting yourself up for disappointment. Instead, focus on what you messed up last time, and try to do it better next match. That way you've got a small victory that you can celebrate every time, even if you lose.

    I meant I care when I go full out tryhard trying to win I go in trying to get better with hatchets not to win because I find practice mor important than winning you know