Any other killer really, really excited about the LIghtborn change?

Like DS, this will change the game even in lobbies where it isn't being run.

Think about what DS does. If you are a killer, and you enter a lobby where there is an obsession, you have to start off assuming all four players have DS. That affects who you chase, who you pick up, etc. It may be that 0 people out of 4 have it, but you still need to play around it.

Lightborn will be the same thing. The survivors will know that the killers know who is bringing a flashlight (unless it is the 6 second equip trick, but a seasoned killer should see that coming anyway and have their finger on lightborn). Therefore, the survivors will assume that the killer will equip lightborn if they see a flashlight. Therefore, the survivor will not equip a flashlight at all. The killer gets the benefit of lightborn without using it!

Comments

  • No idea why someone would be excited about lightborn.

  • I can't claim I'll be using it any more than I already am. Maybe if I get into a four flashlight lobby, but even then...seems too situational for something you can frequently avoid by careful positioning.

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    Idk, Plague excisting didn't stop people from bringing medkits.

    Hell i would probably equip a flashlight just to bait the killer into using a perk that doesn't really do much

    Well we dont know its plague going into the match do we lol we dont know are medkits are useless until we go into the match.

  • @Triforcer said:

    Er, the point was that as a killer you get the benefit of the perk without equipping it. That's a tier occupied by only DS currently.

    I already get the benefit without equipping it, I can count on one hand the number of times I’ve been blinded in the past year. And those were cases when I literally just stopped paying attention, maybe checking a text after I downed someone or something.

    Turn to face a wall, or if in the open bait the pickup first and enjoy the free hit.

  • It's a positive change. The previous one worked fine, but still could be overcome by the rare phenomena of many survivors with flashlights. Plus flashlights also could still cause headaches when transporting survivors to hooks.

    The new change makes flashlights completely useless and penalises the survivor for utilising it. For those who don't use it, the change won't mean anything. However, for those who are experimenting with different perks, use it as a main perk, or at lower ranks, this willmake a sizeable impact.

  • It's a good rework. I especially love that they added firecrackers even though I don't see them often. Now I just need a survivor perk that stops firecracker blinds so I don't mess myself up or that nice teammate trying to help but instead blinding me while I'm in chase LOL. Would equip it during events that grant those pesky firecrackers.

    I don't use lightborn often cause looking down usually fools them to get a hit in (survivors can't see looking down as easily as looking up). But with the new lightborn I'll give it a chance when I see a flashlight squad. I'm always excited to try out new or changed perks.

  • @Triforcer said:

    Like DS, this will change the game even in lobbies where it isn't being run.

    Think about what DS does. If you are a killer, and you enter a lobby where there is an obsession, you have to start off assuming all four players have DS. That affects who you chase, who you pick up, etc. It may be that 0 people out of 4 have it, but you still need to play around it.

    Lightborn will be the same thing. The survivors will know that the killers know who is bringing a flashlight (unless it is the 6 second equip trick, but a seasoned killer should see that coming anyway and have their finger on lightborn). Therefore, the survivors will assume that the killer will equip lightborn if they see a flashlight. Therefore, the survivor will not equip a flashlight at all. The killer gets the benefit of lightborn without using it!

    This is not gonna work how you think it will cuz no one really runs lightborn cuz you can with most killers look at a wall or with hag demo and trapper fake place a trap on the downed survivor facing the open see if anyone comes and get a free hit or down on another survivor or heck bring infectious now you know if someone is near with a flashlight that perk will be more assumed then lightborn

  • Dear killers who don'T want people to use flashlights, would you prefer everybody splitting up and sitting on gens holding m1 instead?


    Most fun games are "bullysquads", they're usually just trying to have fun.

1 2 ›