Server Hit Validation Is Going To Push A Lot of Killers Away

I'm gonna make this short by simply saying that many of the hits that should hit when playing killer will not hit. This already happens when I swing at windows, but now I'll most likely swing right through a survivor because of their rat ######### internet.

Let's not leave out how this is gonna slaughter Huntress. Since this system will effect the servers, her hits will be more fair for survivors and less fair for her. How? Well, half of her hatchets have no collision. For those that don't know, dead-ass, half of her hatchets will just phase directly through survivors. This makes me laugh when people complain about "hatchet hitboxes" (when it's actually dedicated servers) because more often that not, her hatchets have no hitbox. Soon it'll be 50/50 between a needle hitbox and no hitbox.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

It seems as though I'm not very good at explaining this as many people are misunderstanding the point of the post. @TheRockstarKnight on page 2 did a better job of explaining it. Check there.

Comments

  • @Hannon said:

    Get a better connection ^^

    Actually read the post ^^

  • @DetailedDetriment said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1412549#Comment_1412549

    Getting hit from far away is either your ping or the servers dying which can be seen when a killer swings where you stood several seconds ago.

    Yes, but the ping can also be due to a killer VPNing, which needs to stop.

  • Server side hit validation is the worst thing to ever happen to DBD in terms of coding.

  • @Write_By_Daylight said:

    Server side hit validation is the worst thing to ever happen to DBD in terms of coding.

    If you read some of the earlier comments people were saying this feature was actually gonna be good. The first person was saying Dedicated Servers were a good thing.

  • "A lot of the hits that should have, didnt."

    -Killers now.

    "A lot of the hits, shouldnt have."

    -Survivors for years


    Welcome to the ######### show. We have buggy hits for both sides now.

  • The only "phasing" hatchets I seem to get are the ones that phase around a corner and hit people. I've been able to clearly see my throw was off, but got a hit anyways. I crack up when I throw at a corner shot and see the survivor fall 2-3 meters from where my hatchet was thrown. I've been victimized by those shots several times myself.

    I don't know what to say on Huntress. Her power is clearly balanced on hitboxes and latency. Any tweak is either making her too strong, or way too weak. I don't want either. I don't want her hitting through walls anymore, but I also don't want her missing every throw, regardless of how well-placed it is.

    I am not a Huntress main, nor am I a Deathslinger main, so please correct me if my next assertion is not correct. I play both periodically while focused more on Trapper, Pig, Doc, Hag and Freddy. That said, it feels to me like Deathslinger's hitbox is much more stable than Huntress'. I know one is a small pinpoint and the other a rectangular object, but is there a way of using what works for Deathslinger's hitbox to improve Huntress'?

  • @YaiPa said:

    people said the same thing when dedicated servers were about to come out.

    Well and it did suck, and it still isnt as nice as it was before dedicated servers. Look at grabs for example.

  • @Pryzm said:

    The only "phasing" hatchets I seem to get are the ones that phase around a corner and hit people. I've been able to clearly see my throw was off, but got a hit anyways. I crack up when I throw at a corner shot and see the survivor fall 2-3 meters from where my hatchet was thrown. I've been victimized by those shots several times myself.

    I don't know what to say on Huntress. Her power is clearly balanced on hitboxes and latency. Any tweak is either making her too strong, or way too weak. I don't want either. I don't want her hitting through walls anymore, but I also don't want her missing every throw, regardless of how well-placed it is.

    I am not a Huntress main, nor am I a Deathslinger main, so please correct me if my next assertion is not correct. I play both periodically while focused more on Trapper, Pig, Doc, Hag and Freddy. That said, it feels to me like Deathslinger's hitbox is much more stable than Huntress'. I know one is a small pinpoint and the other a rectangular object, but is there a way of using what works for Deathslinger's hitbox to improve Huntress'?

    The hatchets actually have normal hitboxes. It just depends on the dedicated servers, but otherwise her hatchets have the same hitbox as her axe.

1 2 ›