You know what? I'm actually somewhat happy with the upcoming mid-chapter so far.

Bubba was struggling, and I'm excited to see what these changes will mean for what few bubba mains there are. Maybe he won't be trash.

And server improvements are always welcome.

The Hillbilly changes are... ok? I'm not quite too sure what to think yet, but adding an element of depth and resource management to an otherwise borderline boring character might not be as bad as some people are making it out to be.

Oh yeah, and new ultra rares are cool.

Comments

  • Imagine knowing Bubba was A tier but the community thinking he was weak so he got a buff lol

  • @CashelP14 said:

    Imagine knowing Bubba was A tier but the community thinking he was weak so he got a buff lol

    Bubba was 2nd weakest idk what survivors you play against.

  • @Awakey said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1408276#Comment_1408276

    Bubba was 2nd weakest idk what survivors you play against.

    I'm not sure. I believe it was red ranks with keys on maps like ormond, haddonfield and farm maps. I have played 45 games of Bubba at red ranks with only 2 games not getting a 3k.

    I actually played him last night on Disturbed Ward while completely drunk. I only used grey add-ons in this game and hooked everyone multiple times. Got a 3k 😏

  • Please refer to the comment above for more details. I couldn't be bothered writing it twice lol

    I'll just add a slight bit extra info.

    • 10 second chases? Check
    • Snowball? Check
    • Avoiding dead hard? Check
    • 3 gen guarding? Check
    • Sexy? Check

    He's extremely good when you play him. If you play him smart he is definitely low A tier and that's if you go add-onless.

  • Im liking the looks of it, too. I just hope they buff some bottom tier survivor perks though because its almost been a YEAR since they’ve made any substantial buffs to perks

  • @Mew said:

    Im liking the looks of it, too. I just hope they buff some bottom tier survivor perks though because its almost been a YEAR since they’ve made any substantial buffs to perks

    Sabo and kindred want to say hello to you

  • oops, low key forgot about those two

    my point still stands tho

  • @Yeebud said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1410899#Comment_1410899

    Since these forums are great and work well, my earlier comment isnt shown here.

    10 second chase? That has to be a joke right? Any survivor with some looping skills will turn him into a m1 killer

    Snowball? Bubba is known for having really poor pressure, he just walks around the map and its so easy to deny a chainsaw.

    Avoiding dead hard?... What?

    3 gwn guarding? As if every other killer cant do that...

    Was wondering why it said your comment was lost lol

    10 second chases yea. PWYF gets you so close, so quick and you get downs extremely quick. A bad 60 second chase will give you PWYF stacks to make your next chase only last a few seconds.

    He has very good snowball potential, especially with Infectious Fright. If you have 2 stacks, down one survivor then you'll still have 1 stack to down the next survivor extremely quick.

    Avoiding dead hard since you need to be injured to have it. How many chases have been extended by a minute or two by a perfectly timed dead hard.

    His instadown ability with his speed makes for a very good 3 gen guard. Not every killer can do it so efficiently.

    If you looked at my previous comment I said how well I've done with him. This has been against some sweaty swfs, with keys on bad maps. This isn't a camping or tunneling Bubba either.

  • @CashelP14 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1410890#Comment_1410890

    Please refer to the comment above for more details. I couldn't be bothered writing it twice lol

    I'll just add a slight bit extra info.

    • 10 second chases? Check
    • Snowball? Check
    • Avoiding dead hard? Check
    • 3 gen guarding? Check
    • Sexy? Check

    He's extremely good when you play him. If you play him smart he is definitely low A tier and that's if you go add-onless.

    He's quite good with nemesis+PWYF. Still counterable with pre-dropping tho. He's not as bad as people think, but not higher than B-tier.

  • @NursesBootie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1410899#Comment_1410899

    He's quite good with nemesis+PWYF. Still counterable with pre-dropping tho. He's not as bad as people think, but not higher than B-tier.

    Dropping pallets early works with no stacks. But when you have one stack he is way to fast. It's only if he comes at it at a bad angle and they immediately drop it that he's in trouble.

    At worst you waste every pallet in a certain area where your protecting gens.

  • @CashelP14 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1411171#Comment_1411171

    Dropping pallets early works with no stacks. But when you have one stack he is way to fast. It's only if he comes at it at a bad angle and they immediately drop it that he's in trouble.

    At worst you waste every pallet in a certain area where your protecting gens.

    Like i said, he's good with it, but counterable completely if a swf knows what they're doing.

  • @NursesBootie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1411228#Comment_1411228

    Like i said, he's good with it, but counterable completely if a swf knows what they're doing.

    All I'd say is you'd be surprised if played well how much 4 man swfs can struggle. I always say A tier killers struggle against very good swfs anyway, only S tier do well against them. A tier can do well in the correct scenarios.

  • @Yeebud said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1411157#Comment_1411157

    I play Leatherface a lot, and most of the time I do good against red ranks too. But that does not mean he is A-tier.

    Hey to each their own lol I've just played many games as Bubba where I know I would've lost, if I wasn't playing him.