Perk Buffs!

Look. Listen. I already loved lightborne and have frequently stated that its underrated. But holy crap this is an awesome change!

And the tinkerer change is going to be meta now on Fred, cant wait! I have a feeling in fact we'll see it on a bunch of killers, i can see running it on legion/spirit/demo a bunch of them

Screenshot_20200703-122702_Chrome.jpg

With Franklins Demise Im not sure how I feel about it, but i can see it being handy when playing trapper and theres a key

Knockout was already a good perk, this buff though makes it awesome, my only question is when it states survivors suffer from blindness is that all survivors or just the survivor that got knockdd down?

Screenshot_20200703-123052_Chrome.jpg


Either way im really happy with the perk changes

What do you all think?

Comments

  • I am really enjoying what they’re doing with these perks, but I am a bit concerned about lightborn, I mean there is no counterplay. But then again using a perk shot cause of an item that my not work or be triggered is a big risk.

    I mean i’m sure surviours will bait lightborn and insta swap off of flashlights?

    Meh well we will see how it goes. That’s what the PTB is for.

  • @LethalPugy said:

    I am really enjoying what they’re doing with these perks, but I am a bit concerned about lightborn, I mean there is no counterplay. But then again using a perk shot cause of an item that my not work or be triggered is a big risk.

    I mean i’m sure surviours will bait lightborn and insta swap off of flashlights?

    Meh well we will see how it goes. That’s what the PTB is for.

    Theres not REALLY any counterplay to it now. Youd have to coordinate and have multiple people flashlighting at tge same time to get them blimd now. Its really not all that different imo.

  • I think Knockout somehow got nerfed. The extra effects don't really apply as you can just recover (which takes 32 seconds, so just half of the time) and you are completely unaffected by the new effects. And against slugging it is not the worst idea to get some healing up to be tappable. So the perk basically just got a nerf by applying only on base attacks.

    And if crawling would be a better option, you still can just recover 50% and then start crawling. To me it seems really rare that the new effects make a difference

  • @Deadeye said:

    I think Knockout somehow got nerfed. The extra effects don't really apply as you can just recover (which takes 32 seconds, so just half of the time) and you are completely unaffected by the new effects. And against slugging it is not the worst idea to get some healing up to be tappable. So the perk basically just got a nerf by applying only on base attacks.

    And if crawling would be a better option, you still can just recover 50% and then start crawling. To me it seems really rare that the new effects make a difference

    When i first read it I didnt catch the basic attack bit of knockout. Its actually a nerf :/

  • @Dead_by_Gadfly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1409686#Comment_1409686

    When i first read it I didnt catch the basic attack bit of knockout. Its actually a nerf :/

    wait WHAT!

    That's kinda a big deal. The Killers that get the most out of that kind of perk are also the Killers that down with special attacks. Without that interaction you're better off just using 3rd seal.

  • @NuclearBurrito said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1409768#Comment_1409768

    wait WHAT!

    That's kinda a big deal. The Killers that get the most out of that kind of perk are also the Killers that down with special attacks. Without that interaction you're better off just using 3rd seal.

    Yeah i liked running it with honing stone on trapper. No good now 😭

  • @NuclearBurrito said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1409768#Comment_1409768

    wait WHAT!

    That's kinda a big deal. The Killers that get the most out of that kind of perk are also the Killers that down with special attacks. Without that interaction you're better off just using 3rd seal.

    The only one being unaffected might be infinite Tier 3 Myers. But I really don't get the intention of that change

  • @LethalPugy said:

    I am really enjoying what they’re doing with these perks, but I am a bit concerned about lightborn, I mean there is no counterplay. But then again using a perk shot cause of an item that my not work or be triggered is a big risk.

    I mean i’m sure surviours will bait lightborn and insta swap off of flashlights?

    Meh well we will see how it goes. That’s what the PTB is for.

    Survivors already do bait Lightborn lol. My swf made a killer DC at loading screen because of this.

  • The new Franklins also seems to be pretty good, seems like a really good counter to keys now

  • Old Lightborn already great that survivors can possible blind you if they have at least 2 good flash light save at once. New Lightborn is for me, over buff.

    I rather to have Lightborn just immune to Light, and give Nemesis 10sec aura reveal if they stun you.

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    The new Franklins also seems to be pretty good, seems like a really good counter to keys now

    Hell yeah