Giving props?

I find it cool that you can give props to a player that you played a good match with, which I think is great, but how does that work exactly? Are you supposed to get a notification if someone gave you props, or is that information all retained with BHVR? Do you get a bloodpoint bonus for getting props from another player? I just find it odd that if there's no way to tell if you've ever received props, or if you don't get rewarded in any way, then what's the point in giving it?

Comments

  • I just ignore it completely it has no use๐Ÿ˜€.

  • I honestly don't think there is something that happens (directly like free bp or indirectly like you might be more likely to be paired up with them again).

    I do it anyway just in case but usually I give props by directly messaging someone to let them know well done.

  • @SweetTerror said:

    I find it cool that you can give props to a player that you played a good match with, which I think is great, but how does that work exactly? Are you supposed to get a notification if someone gave you props, or is that information all retained with BHVR? Do you get a bloodpoint bonus for getting props from another player? I just find it odd that if there's no way to tell if you've ever received props, or if you don't get rewarded in any way, then what's the point in giving it?

    They said in the past they would do some giveaways with it but as time has went on it seems that idea was thrown out and im not shocked as to the reason probably being 90% of the community uses this feature to troll like perfect example as killer when i see a survivor do something insanely dumb at the end i props them for their bad play as a meme.


    It also could just be the developers have a lot on their plate and they had to delay the idea of giving away stuff to those who have the most props.

  • I Giving props sometimes not lately.

  • @MonsterInMyMind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/168109/giving-props

    They said in the past they would do some giveaways with it but as time has went on it seems that idea was thrown out and im not shocked as to the reason probably being 90% of the community uses this feature to troll like perfect example as killer when i see a survivor do something insanely dumb at the end i props them for their bad play as a meme.

    It also could just be the developers have a lot on their plate and they had to delay the idea of giving away stuff to those who have the most props.

    Yeah that's a shame. I love giving props to good players, but if they have no way of knowing then why bother? ๐Ÿ˜•