Why are Killers being punished.

Why is it that pyramid head and clown Don't have a cool down when using their ability? Clown can throw his bottles and not slow down.

Ghostface and myers should be going regular speed when stalking.

Huntress should also go same speed while winding up a hatchet.

Comments

  • Balance? If Myers ran 115% while stalling you he'd be impossible to avoid going into tier 3. The whole point to these slow downs is so survivors have a chance. Now if you want to argue that the slow downs should be reduced. That would be a fair point.

  • @AestheticCharms said:

    Why is it that pyramid head and clown Don't have a cool down when using their ability? Clown can throw his bottles and not slow down.

    Ghostface and myers should be going regular speed when stalking.

    Huntress should also go same speed while winding up a hatchet.

    Clown was slowed down after thjrowing for long enough that we know it was a hinder to his ability so it was adjusted. Anyone who thinks clown needs nerfs like this has never played him enough. I play clown daily.

  • @DrDeepwound said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/168082/why-are-killers-being-punished

    Clown was slowed down after thjrowing for long enough that we know it was a hinder to his ability so it was adjusted. Anyone who thinks clown needs nerfs like this has never played him enough. I play clown daily.

    I'm not saying he needs a nerf I'm saying killers shouldn't slow down for using their abilities if clown and pyramid head doesn't have to slow down

  • @DrDeepwound said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/168082/why-are-killers-being-punished

    Clown was slowed down after thjrowing for long enough that we know it was a hinder to his ability so it was adjusted. Anyone who thinks clown needs nerfs like this has never played him enough. I play clown daily.

    I'm not saying he needs a nerf

  • @DrDeepwound said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/168082/why-are-killers-being-punished

    Clown was slowed down after thjrowing for long enough that we know it was a hinder to his ability so it was adjusted. Anyone who thinks clown needs nerfs like this has never played him enough. I play clown daily.

    I'm saying all other killers shouldn't have to be slowed down when doing their abilities

  • @AestheticCharms said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1407187#Comment_1407187

    I'm saying all other killers shouldn't have to be slowed down when doing their abilities

    It's about balance. I mean, the game is not balanced in many aspects but imagine if PH could use his ranged ability without punishment or huntress could wind up at normal speed.

    Of course, I do agree that some aspects need to be changed like Why the killers go slower than a survivor when they are carrying? Why do you need a perk (Agitation) in tier II in order to exceed them?

  • Dude do you know how strong myers would be running j. Tombstone, stalk power speed add-on, pwyf, and nemesis? 😂😂😂

    dea05a64fa8d3114ad0964e401430033.jpg


  • @AestheticCharms said:

    Why is it that pyramid head and clown Don't have a cool down when using their ability? Clown can throw his bottles and not slow down.

    Ghostface and myers should be going regular speed when stalking.

    Huntress should also go same speed while winding up a hatchet.

    Just so you know: Pyramid Head slows down to 92% for a brief moment whilst stabbing the Great Knife into the ground and also goes slower (110%) while dragging the Great Knife around. After every use of his ranged attack he suffers a cooldown for several seconds which comes with a drastically reduced movement speed, too.

    So yeah... He does have a slowdown AND a cooldown.

  • @AestheticCharms said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1407187#Comment_1407187

    I'm saying all other killers shouldn't have to be slowed down when doing their abilities

    That isn’t a good idea

    Michael and Ghostface are slowed down so you can’t literally stalk someone and instantly down them

    while retaining full speed

    Huntress doesn’t really need any changes


    And Pyramid Head sure as HELL does have a cooldown, and a mighty one too for missing and hitting with his ranged attack, and when using his power he is actually slowed down (Something I like, BHVR managed to retain the Tank Controls from Silent Hill for his power, I like that) and it takes time for him to stab the ground and pull it out still.

  • Balance. Some abilities are lethal enough that they need some slowdown in order to allow counterplay and make the use of the power more of a judgement call. If Huntress didn’t slow down at all while holding a hatchet you’d be stupid not to have a hatchet out 100% of the time for her, which would be a bit ridiculous. And Myers stalking your at 115% speed would give the survivors no chance at all to avoid being stalked, he’d just run around the map stalking at all times.

    The reason the Clown change was necessary was because his power doesn’t actually do any damage directly, it just allows him to catch up faster. Except that he was slowed while using it, which defeated the whole purpose of it. It’s not like a Billy chainsaw, where having him chase you around a loop at 115% speed while feathering his saw would be completely overkill.