Devs Teased Bubba Add-On Rework

Posted on their Twitter.

Eb8x2XrWkAIQFbn.png

This doesn't look that good to me tbh. Feel my add-on suggestions are still better lol

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @Simonete said:

    Can we all collectively just calm down and wait until they actually proceed with the rework? In no way, shape or form does this look like a finished version. They're probably still testing stuff out, let's wait a bit and then it they go through with it we'll complain.

    Nah,the majority of this forum has to overreact all the time ๐Ÿ™„

  • Lets see what they do first with the add ons, but I'm personally hoping that one iridescent add on is something along the lines of Light-weight engine/chassis. Where Bubba does't lose movespeed when revving the chainsaw, but the chainsaw can only down one survivor before going into cool down.

  • as i say in other post:

    in my opinion bubba need moderately increase the default chainsaw charge speed

    and change the addons who increase it to do anything else like increase the chainsaw attack time or reduce the horizontal chainsaw hitbox


    also while using the chainsaw attack we should be able to press M1/M2 to cancel it faster like when charging it.




    edit: i remember some addons i want change:

    Speed Limiter: apply deep wound on healed survivors, and down injured ones. with the extra bloodpoints. for both billy and bubba.

    Primer Bulb: change rarity to ultra rare: make chainsaw completely silent.

  • I realize I'm building off of what could be something entirely different, but...

    I really like the idea of a "hidden information" Bubba. I think this could make him an extreme contrast to Billy, with Bubba being more about Survivors not knowing things, him having less of a terror radius, etc. I say this because many of the scenes in TCM greatly contrast the quiet/safety when suddenly Bubba bursts in with a chainsaw. I'm intrigued.

    In fact, the whole "hidden information" or delayed info is something I've long wanted to see in DBD. A survivor perk that only reveals that other survivors were unhooked when they would have gone into next death state instead of when they're unhooked. A perk that causes completed gens to wait 5+ seconds to light up after completed.

  • @Aneurysm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1407127#Comment_1407127

    Why does everyone always act like using ebony moris is something the devs object to?

    Oh they don't object to it. But it will make the games less fun which is deserved if they kill Bubba. He is A tier now, don't ruin him please.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/167867/devs-teased-bubba-add-on-rework

    I mean, itโ€™s not terrible. It counters survivor aura reading perks, something that was a problem with Knockout.

    It does tho ? The add-on description doesn't say that it applies the Blindness status effect, so just like Knock Out, this add-on should get countered by survivors aura reading perks.

  • @Azgard12 said:

    I realize I'm building off of what could be something entirely different, but...

    I really like the idea of a "hidden information" Bubba. I think this could make him an extreme contrast to Billy, with Bubba being more about Survivors not knowing things, him having less of a terror radius, etc. I say this because many of the scenes in TCM greatly contrast the quiet/safety when suddenly Bubba bursts in with a chainsaw. I'm intrigued.

    In fact, the whole "hidden information" or delayed info is something I've long wanted to see in DBD. A survivor hook that only reveals that other survivors were unhooked when they would have gone into next death state instead of when they're unhooked. A perk that causes completed gens to wait 5+ seconds to light up after completed.

    That sounds cool. Now that undetectable and oblivious exist hopefully there'll be some good use of those as well.

  • Look at the developer notes. I think our boi needs to go to High A tier lol all depends on the add-ons.

  • As long as he keep the multi hit i be fine. Don't really get the whole charges cooldown.

  • @Maperson said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1408026#Comment_1408026

    Honestly i don't really play with add-ons so its not a big of a deal for me, i hope he will get something for his base kit to make him stronger

    If you haven't seen he's getting a base kit buff. He can't face camp anymore while also making him better with the chainsaw. Look it up, definitely interesting.

    I'm worried about them killing his add-ons since I normally use Spark Plug and Vegetable Oil.

  • @Maperson said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1408212#Comment_1408212

    Just saw, i can't describe how happy i am :) hey, i play without add-ons, its just a tad bit harder, with nemesis+Pwyf you won't notice it ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป Our boy Is S tier now

    It literally fixes some of my biggest problems.

    • The chainsaw cuck when it looks fully charged.
    • Tantrum lasting too long
    • Waiting out extremely long attack after downing someone immediately

    Though I will say I have no chance on winning the gameplay Guide contest anymore since mines is out of date..

  • Just give me one that slightly increases your lowest speed when charging the chainsaw. Even just 5% as a yellow add-on or something.

  • @Maperson said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1408241#Comment_1408241

    They will prob, i saw that Peaunts Said that he Is not sure Is his movement speed still 86%, could it mean that Is buffed also? Or they lower it?

    I asked about his movement speed. He said that will still be the same he just didn't know what the exact number was.

    I also asked but never got a reply to a question. Is the cooldown for 1 charge now shorter than the current cooldown?

  • @Maperson said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1408289#Comment_1408289

    Well, we will just have to wait and see, we hot what we wanted, Bubba Is prob A-S tier.. People will prob scream for nerf tho

    He can't camp anymore so they shouldn't complain much. I'm intrigued what the new add-ons will be like. Shop Lubricant doesn't affect cooldown anymore and Depth Gauge Rake doesn't affect bumping anymore.

  • @Maperson said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1408321#Comment_1408321

    I just responded to someone who Is complaining.. he Isnt even out yet, plus he Is not close to broken, he Is very balanced now..

    Tell them to message me (literally type my name) and say leave their salt till after 9 when I'm getting my takeaway lol

  • @OogieBoogie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1405424#Comment_1405424

    It's actually a much worse Knockout. This addon won't work on anyone if anyone is in your terror radius when you get the down. Knockout affects everyone outside 16m regardless, doesn't have a time limit and doesn't require using your chainsaw for the down.

    Actually the new knock out requires you to use M1. Ability downs dont count anymore. But the downed survivor is gonna crawl slower and be blinded making it harder for him to locate survivors or if he is in swf group tell the others where he is.

    Personally I dont think they needed to nerf the any part of knockout since no one was using it. But hey its a change to never used perk. It might help it might not. And we wont know how these will pan out till after the ptb is done. They have changed things before the changes went live. So calm down everyon till first of all we see all the addons. And second of all till we get to try Bubba and Billy. Honestly the charges mechanic to bubba sounds like what players like Otzdarva has call for. Something to end his ability early, to not waste more time than necessary and to give control over your ability back to the player.

    Ofc I am an "outsider" here of sorts. Since I am excited for almost any changes, good or bad. Anything to mix it up a bit or to give life to unused, old or dead things.

  • @Reaver_Raziel said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1405451#Comment_1405451

    Actually the new knock out requires you to use M1. Ability downs dont count anymore. But the downed survivor is gonna crawl slower and be blinded making it harder for him to locate survivors or if he is in swf group tell the others where he is.

    Personally I dont think they needed to nerf the any part of knockout since no one was using it. But hey its a change to never used perk. It might help it might not. And we wont know how these will pan out till after the ptb is done. They have changed things before the changes went live. So calm down everyon till first of all we see all the addons. And second of all till we get to try Bubba and Billy. Honestly the charges mechanic to bubba sounds like what players like Otzdarva has call for. Something to end his ability early, to not waste more time than necessary and to give control over your ability back to the player.

    Ofc I am an "outsider" here of sorts. Since I am excited for almost any changes, good or bad. Anything to mix it up a bit or to give life to unused, old or dead things.

    The ending the ability early is something I've always wanted. In a game where every second counts it can make a huge difference. Also the chainsaw automatically working once it has been charged up is another massive buff to me.

  • @Reaver_Raziel said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1405451#Comment_1405451

    Actually the new knock out requires you to use M1. Ability downs dont count anymore. But the downed survivor is gonna crawl slower and be blinded making it harder for him to locate survivors or if he is in swf group tell the others where he is.

    Personally I dont think they needed to nerf the any part of knockout since no one was using it. But hey its a change to never used perk. It might help it might not. And we wont know how these will pan out till after the ptb is done. They have changed things before the changes went live. So calm down everyon till first of all we see all the addons. And second of all till we get to try Bubba and Billy. Honestly the charges mechanic to bubba sounds like what players like Otzdarva has call for. Something to end his ability early, to not waste more time than necessary and to give control over your ability back to the player.

    Ofc I am an "outsider" here of sorts. Since I am excited for almost any changes, good or bad. Anything to mix it up a bit or to give life to unused, old or dead things.

    Knockout already requires basic attacks. I made that post before they announced the changes, but the new Knockout is a straight buff. That means this addon is a worse version of current Knockout, which is a worse version of the new Knockout.

  • @OogieBoogie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1411385#Comment_1411385

    Knockout already requires basic attacks. I made that post before they announced the changes, but the new Knockout is a straight buff. That means this addon is a worse version of current Knockout, which is a worse version of the new Knockout.

    Does it? It sure doesnt say so. And they usually do. It just says dying survivors. And plenty of people claim otherwise. In any case I just cant see what the problem is. You can run addons that while weaker than the perks. Gives you a similar ability while not being equal in power to a perk. Gives you the option to run a, as an example, infectious fright build, with nemesis, pwyf, and pop/bbq or whatever feels good for you. It gives you options without giving the killer 5 perks. I really dont see the issue I actually really the idea behind this.

    I have said in a different thread that I have been very dissapointed by the last few killer releases, in regards to their addons(Deathslinger and Pyramid Head specifically). Because all of the addons are just boring buffs. The iri addons being slightly different but nothing too out there. Compare that to meyers, hag, nurse even freddy and now billy/bubba addons. Buffs for the most basic addons sure. And then some purples and hopefully iridescent addons can present entirely new playstyles. I love that #########. So that every game on a killer isnt almost 100% the same no matter what.

1 2 3 โ€บ