I don't play survivor often

But when I do I get camped and tunneled 11 out of 10 games :)

I get the justified last gen no hooks deal but when it's 5 gens in do you really need to do it every game guys...

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • „Don’t get caught“ would be the common answer here I guess...

    sorry to hear that, but apparently your opinion about this game is only valid if you are high skilled. Or a killer.

  • @Mooks said:

    „Don’t get caught“ would be the common answer here I guess...

    sorry to hear that, but apparently your opinion about this game is only valid if you are high skilled. Or a killer.

    It's certainly more valid if you're highly skilled (which these killers I'm getting obviously aren't...)

    Yes don't get caught would be nice. But eventually most of us get caught at some point. I just dislike that they choose to camp and tunnel after the first time.

  • @coppersly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1402608#Comment_1402608

    It's certainly more valid if you're highly skilled (which these killers I'm getting obviously aren't...)

    Yes don't get caught would be nice. But eventually most of us get caught at some point. I just dislike that they choose to camp and tunnel after the first time.

    There is a difference between more valid and only value though.. and the loudest complaints are kinda coming from not so skilled killers who are also saying survs shouldn’t complain about anything (not saying there are no valid complaints of course)


    to get on topic: tunneling and camping is actually the most ez way to play, you either get survs trying to help and pretty much throwing themselves at you or they genrush which means everybody has a boring match and probably depips. There should be more incentive to go for other survs after hooking one

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1402638#Comment_1402638

    There is a difference between more valid and only value though.. and the loudest complaints are kinda coming from not so skilled killers who are also saying survs shouldn’t complain about anything (not saying there are no valid complaints of course)

    to get on topic: tunneling and camping is actually the most ez way to play, you either get survs trying to help and pretty much throwing themselves at you or they genrush which means everybody has a boring match and probably depips. There should be more incentive to go for other survs after hooking one

    There should be more incentive to go after people after a hook (basekit BBQ for example) and someway to punish killers who camp and tunnel someone to death as fast as they can (because it's not fun nor particularity skilled)

    I don't try to pick sides. I do prefer killer but I try to make suggestions for survivors that enhance their gameplay and fun while also increasing their difficulty and making killer gameplay more fun in the process.

  • I instantly filled in the gap with "But when I do, I have a Dos Equis."

    Seriously though, the higher ranked you get playing survivor, the less face camping you'll come across. Ranks 20-10 it's almost a given every other match there's gonna be a Bubba leveling his BBQ & Chili with a fondness for faces. Proxy camping & tunneling stays the norm, but you can work around it. Getting good at looping and juking is your best bet. Skills like borrowed time, deliverance, DS, unbreakable, soul guard. And sometimes, you just need to blend. Don't wear neon pink. It's funny how a lot of these things are hated by the killer side, but there's good reason for them. Playing both sides regularly helps with perspective.

  • @coppersly said:

    But when I do I get camped and tunneled 11 out of 10 games :)

    I get the justified last gen no hooks deal but when it's 5 gens in do you really need to do it every game guys...

    Get good. Killers can do whatever they please. They are the host after all.

  • @mydogmax19 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/167541/i-dont-play-survivor-often

    Get good. Killers can do whatever they please. They are the host after all.

    They haven't been the host since dedicated servers.

    And what's fun about tunneling a survivor who's already hurt? I'm not running in a sweaty SWF I don't have 52 chances to escape every 4 seconds. It's not fun to get that treatment when I go out of my way as killer to play "fairly" and not tunnel or camp unless they're being toxic.

  • @coppersly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1402669#Comment_1402669

    They haven't been the host since dedicated servers.

    And what's fun about tunneling a survivor who's already hurt? I'm not running in a sweaty SWF I don't have 52 chances to escape every 4 seconds. It's not fun to get that treatment when I go out of my way as killer to play "fairly" and not tunnel or camp unless they're being toxic.

    the crap killers deal with is why they try to get someone out of the game quick as they can. ive been playing solo survivor and it sucks however it can annoy me but i dont blame killers plus team mates being incompetent is another problem or issue lol

  • Survivors say

    This is why players gen rush as they need a way to be able to punish camping, slugging and tunelling.

    Killers say

    This is why players camp, slug and tunnel as they need a way to punish the gen rush and second chance perks.

    Each side says they play a certain way as its the only way to win versus the other strat.

    The issue then will always come down to when its not the only way to win a match and they still do it. I can't see things truly changing until the players mindset does. The only problem with that is it needs those that will always take advantage of what they can not too. Its a never ending cycle.

  • @coppersly said:

    But when I do I get camped and tunneled 11 out of 10 games :)

    I get the justified last gen no hooks deal but when it's 5 gens in do you really need to do it every game guys...

    What rank are you at? I rarely get campers/tunnelers even at rank 1 survivor. Unless it's Pyramidhead...and well, you can't blame them. It's literally the most optimal way to play that particular killer.

  • @coppersly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1402669#Comment_1402669

    They haven't been the host since dedicated servers.

    And what's fun about tunneling a survivor who's already hurt? I'm not running in a sweaty SWF I don't have 52 chances to escape every 4 seconds. It's not fun to get that treatment when I go out of my way as killer to play "fairly" and not tunnel or camp unless they're being toxic.

    They still get priority on hits and such anyway making it the same basically.

  • I personally think the biggest reason you see so much tunneling and camping is because of the way BHVR set up the bloodpoints system for survivors.

    It takes all of a second or two to unhook someone and you basically get close to the same amount of points as it takes to spend a much longer time cleansing a totem, or doing a generator. In other words BHVR has the points system for survivor set up in a way that encourages actively avoiding objectives. That means many survivors are more than willing to make tunneling and camping lucrative strategies for killers because the reward for doing so is worth it.

    I've played matches where I did 3 generators from start to finish by myself, cleansed a couple of totems only to have a survivor that did literally nothing but unhook and heal get way more points than me. It's ridiculous that someone can not even attempt a single objective during a match and still end up with more points than someone that completed multiple objectives.

    The TLDR synopsis: The bloodpoints system rewards both survivors and killers for games that consist of camping and tunneling. For that reason you will continue to see a lot of camping and tunneling.

  • I don't play much survivors too. However, i hate my teammates more than the killer. I legit have people let me die on first hook with kindred on