Lets give a reasonable nerf to Decisive Strike

At this point everyone knows that this perk is run across almost everyone who either plays solo or in a group.

The perk is supposed to 'counter' tunneling, but sometimes it is used in aggresive way such as baiting a grab and stun, and I don't think it should award such playstyle.

Personally I think the perk is balanced in terms of countering the effect, but there are scenarios where I feel like the effect lasts too long, and you are sometimes forced to eat the stun.

So here are my suggestion to balancing it:

Decisive Strike:

  • Now lasts 30/40/50 seconds
  • Does not activate when you get grabbed off a vault or locker
  • (optional) When in effect the survivor holds a piece of glass in his left hand

Thoughts? How would you tune the perk?

Comments

  • @CrowFoxy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1402564#Comment_1402564

    Looking at your name, I'm guessing you've never even laid a finger on killer lol.

    You must be new here.

    But that's okay, but you'll see me defending killers in every other possible way except when it comes to DS.

  • @CrowFoxy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1402564#Comment_1402564

    Looking at your name, I'm guessing you've never even laid a finger on killer lol.

    Cakes1.PNG Cakes2.PNG Cakes3.PNG Cakes4.PNG

    I'm a killer main. I never called myself a survivor main, I'm a MEG main.

    I have 0 cakes on Meg but I got her crown, and that's all I wanted. I keep myself at Red Ranks because I like facing stronger killers.

    I much rather play killer. I have over 200 cakes as killer.

  • peanits said before that perk is not intended to punish tunneling, is not an anti tunnel perks that means basically is just a punishment perk for 60 seconds for the killer, thats it.

    the timer is kind of fine, what is not fine is the locker strategy cause has no counter at all... the rest has counter, if the survivor is doing a gen dont grab but slug if healing? it doesnt really matter at all, but i would change just one thing apart from the uncounterable locker strat that is IF another survivor gets hooked and the timer is still active it should TURN OFF. those are the only real changes i would apply and i think both are FAIR specially the first one considering has 0 COUNTERPLAY 0 leaving that person is not a counterplay at all i should be able to at least hit that person and let him/her on the groudn i should at least be able to do that, if that person has Unbrekable so be it then, but at least i had pressure, it wasnt a waste of my time being there because at least for some secodns i got 1 survivor off doing objectives.

  • The third one sounds cool but we really only need the second one

  • @minehot said:

    At this point everyone knows that this perk is run across almost everyone who either plays solo or in a group.

    The perk is supposed to 'counter' tunneling, but sometimes it is used in aggresive way such as baiting a grab and stun, and I don't think it should award such playstyle.

    Personally I think the perk is balanced in terms of countering the effect, but there are scenarios where I feel like the effect lasts too long, and you are sometimes forced to eat the stun.

    So here are my suggestion to balancing it:

    Decisive Strike:

    • Now lasts 30/40/50 seconds
    • Does not activate when you get grabbed off a vault or locker
    • (optional) When in effect the survivor holds a piece of glass in his left hand

    Thoughts? How would you tune the perk?

    DS is fine. It already got reworked in the past.

  • @CrowFoxy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1402368#Comment_1402368

    Absolutely not. Imagine touching a gen and that deactivates your perk.

    Just slug them for 60 seconds if you don't wanna eat their 5 second stun.

    So you're fine with Survivors being invincible for 60 seconds? If they touch a gen immediately after being unhooked, then you're just defending your objective and they deserve to go back on the hook. DS shouldn't be an offensive perk and keep the Survivor completely safe like it currently does.

  • How is this reasonable?

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1402410#Comment_1402410

    Dude, I just wanted to say, I see you posting in a lot of threads and I nearly always agree with what you have to say. It's so refreshing.

    Lol thanks a bunch. The recognition for the stuff I write is also refreshing, it's nice to hear people agree and share similar thought processes, ideas, and ideologies every now and then instead of always butting heads on the forums. Which is most of the time lol

    Especially on these highly contested, controversial threads like the ones on Decisive Strike which keep cropping up more and more frequently where tensions are always high.

1 2 ›