Hillbilly harder than he seems...
So I find hillbilly a fun and aggravating killer, as the game states he IS easy but only to learn the basics. Now I actually lice billy he is really cool, but he is REALLY easy to bully and because of that is why he has a high skill cap. You HAVE to be god tier to actually do well against good survivors, now I am in no means the best killer so maybe im wrong. But I know im not a bad killer, if im being honest I think im good, anyways it was easy to pick up on him right? Curving it is easy but not always perfect, the smiles and the predictable aurv movement. But then red ranks and I got wrecked! Like im out of touch after sensitivity changes and so curving is difficult for me because I haven't fully got attuned, and because of that I get bullied alot, abuse of loops and windows and I can never really mindgame loops everyone drops the pallet when I am finally gonna swing or they keep running when I try and bait. I've only ever lost to really good billy's and to a billy who was great at curving, but I didn't really know what that was at the time so I didn't predict it. But when I die its to M1 and deadzones and that's another issue id like advice on, how am I supposed to hit someone 360 around me or swerving its really easy to spin from a distance and I can't ever use my sensitivity properly to get close hits. Like billy is easy with weaker survivors but he has a high skill cap against a good team you have to be a pretty good billy who can curve great and easily read survivors, idk it just kinda shows he is false advertised he really isn't easy.
Comments
I thought the difficulty that the game gave were because of the perks and not the killer itself.
For survivors its that. For killer it's their power and ability.
With his new bugs and really bad FOV, I see Billies miss more chainsaws than ever, and we've had to put up with these bugs for, what, 3 months now? Even with that, playing as addonless Billy can be pretty difficult because he's not amazing without add-ons unless you have something else that can help you. Using engravings and charge add-ons turns him into a completely different killer. Curving without add-ons is really hard to do well so don't worry if you're not able to get it consistently, it can take a lot of practice, and sometimes just plain luck that the survivor is in the right place.
Didn't knew that, thanks for clarifying that.
As someone who did main Billy, I'll agree with all of this.
Billy is hard, but also top tier. Tofus videos on curving are good, but just hundreds of hours of practise to know what loops and tiles you can get saw-hits at.
See That's the issue I first don't even know what the bug is and if it was before sensitivity changes I was good with him then, but with higher sensitivity the game is better I got juked bad but I am used to it but curving is hard now because I have to be REALLY Careful or I turn 180 degrees and Tbh loops are so hard with billy even insta saw is weak unless youre lucky enough with a back rev before they hit a window or pallet. All my games is window and loop after loop
loop need a video on that I learned a good amount from his guide but ultimately i need to know when to use his power effectively and practice using it I mained billy until I got to the good players who I just couldn't curve to hit on loops and it was so frustrating because I HATE M1 I only want to chainsaw or I feel like trash btw I should probably say I play on console
Have you bound turning to Q and E yet? That helps a ton. I mean the way I learned billy is to stop caring about winning, and just playing match after match without using m1 at all. But when playing normally you do need to m1 too. Being able to fake rev is a big part of it.
Good survivors will know where you can chainsaw and how to bait it, so you have to concede some loops to an m1 from time to time, like the shack for example, you can absolutely get chainsaw hits across the doors and around the outside walls, but most players will expect it, so you kind of have to play around it. But honestly best thing is just to forget about m1s for a bit and try and hit every chainsaw, you soon work out what you can get away with and what you can't
But against good players half of it is time management and map knowledge.
Hmm I am on console so I cant
Today I had a survivor unhook right in front of my face. My chainsaw connected with them but didn't down them and it cost me the game bcuz BT/DS/Unbreakable.
Absolutely not fun that Billy has this awful bug.
I use shadowborn to compensate for his FoV. But still, i'll not play him until they fix the bugs, just like nurse
He is or at least was the most balanced killer in this game, but after his nerfs he is quite ######### now.
When was it and is he harder now?
Shadowborn helps but not enough imo. I just want my old chainsaw boi back. I wanna actually play Billy without getting even more of a headache than I already do playing other killers without Shadowborn.
The new hotfix that came out today apparently fixes some chainsaw detection issues with Billy. Then again this isn't the first time that they said they fixed his chainsaw hit detection so I wouldn't get your hopes up for it being fixed :(