Why is adrenaline an exception to exhaustion ?

This is just my opinion. Not that it matters to most but i still want to know. Why is the 5s sprint burst that adrenaline gives an exception to the exhaustion status effect. I mean, i should still give the instant health state but if you're exhausted you souldn't get the longer sprint burst.

Comments

  • Well it's a 1 time use only sprintburst. Every other exhaustion perk allows you to use it again after a cooldown.

    I think it's fair. 🙂

  • @rottmeister said:

    Well it's a 1 time use only sprintburst. Every other exhaustion perk allows you to use it again after a cooldown.

    I think it's fair. 🙂

    ^^This

  • Well, all I can say is it’s called adrenaline. Just like in real life, you get an extra energy boost with adrenaline. Even if you’re exhausted, adrenaline can rush in and push you to do more than you thought possible.

  • @HarleyQuinn said:

    Well, all I can say is it’s called adrenaline. Just like in real life, you get an extra energy boost with adrenaline. Even if you’re exhausted, adrenaline can rush in and push you to do more than you thought possible.

    As someone who was chased by bees while riding a bike, I can confirm adrenaline ignores exhaustion.

  • NOED is also a end game one time perk, but can be countered before it procs. Adrenaline should be the same but it's not because survivors would absolutely complain. Adrenaline even procs while you are hooked LOL

    Side note, I indeed run it as a survivor and play around it as killer.

    edit: Its the same reason perks like Alert/Spine Chill can proc infinitely with no cooldown, because....... survivor thats why

  • Adrenaline already has a downside, your running a 3 perk build basically the entire game.

    Half of the time for me it doesnt go off because "teammates"

  • Because Adrenaline isnt a exhaustion perk per se, it exhausts you to balance it so you dont get Adrenaline and 6 seconds later you use Lithe or Balanced Landing.