Punishment of the Damned is so easy to avoid

Seriously. Why is the sensitivity so utterly ######### after you miss? Not to mention that its so telegraphed, its a joke.

Comments

  • If the survivor avoids it, then the killer doesn't know how to use it. Stab the ground when they're going for the pallet or the vault. If they take it, then punishment of the damned. If they don't, then cancel and m1. Either way, you get the hit. The ranged attack is primarily a zoning tool.

  • @PrettyFaceKate said:

    If the survivor avoids it, then the killer doesn't know how to use it. Stab the ground when they're going for the pallet or the vault. If they take it, then punishment of the damned. If they don't, then cancel and m1. Either way, you get the hit. The ranged attack is primarily a zoning tool.

    He's talking about the attack itself. Sure, his range attack is good when survivors are in animation lock, but when you're trying to hit them across the wall or tile, they can dodge it easily

  • Oioi,


    In my experience with the executioner, the punishment of the dammed is really good. As @PrettyFaceKate said, you can guarentee a hit most times. Although I get how sometimes the animation of the ability and the animation of the survivor can cause the survivor to not get hit, you just have to time it just before the survivor.

    But in my opinion I think its a good ability and quite damaging to survivors

    - Cam3r0n

  • Yeah it's honestly silly..if it's only good during animation locks it's not really worth

  • I'm literally avoiding it at all costs and avoiding it has been working fine for me.

    It's useless, no point, 5 second CD, I fake it once or twice but that's it. Decent mindgames are good enough to avoid it.

    You honestly get punished a lot more if you miss than if you didn't use it.

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    I'm literally avoiding it at all costs and avoiding it has been working fine for me.

    It's useless, no point, 5 second CD, I fake it once or twice but that's it. Decent mindgames are good enough to avoid it.

    You honestly get punished a lot more if you miss than if you didn't use it.

    True but it's quite effective against those who like pallet looping, and those who like to run around and vault in and out of those shacks.

    And if you practise enough with the killer you'd get better at knowing when to strike and knowing when it isn't worth it.

    - Cam3r0n

  • I've watched streams where just the threat of it was enough to cause survivors to start weaving back and forth and guarantee an M1. It's all about the mindgaming.

  • The only thing I hate about Punishment of the Damned is the sudden and heavy change to turning/aim sensitivity. Many have compared it to Doc's Shock Therapy attack, and rightfully so as it seems to have the same kind of telegraphed delay before it "detonates", but Doc doesn't suddenly lose his aim control when powering it up. The aim sensitivity issue would be fine normally if, like Doc, It didn't punish the killer so heavily for a missed attack. As a survivor, I've Honestly only been hit with it maybe 20 or so times, but otherwise, I've been able to dodge it consistently since his release. Sure, that could be due to the killer players inexperience with him, but I feel that, Like Demogorgon, It's just too easy to see coming and dodge. The only times I've been hit with it are when the killer does it from behind a wall, but even then If I keep my ears open, I can still avoid it for the most part.

    The best PH player I ever went up against used cover constantly, and Mind-gamed me by threatening to use it at loops, but not actually doing so unless I Vaulted or Dropped a Pallet. Otherwise he was a simple M1 killer that I happily juked consistently. Regardless of how skillful he was at downing my teammates, I still felt that he was too easy to juke, and his power was equally too easy to avoid once I learned and adapted to his mind-games. I was the only one to escape that match, but considering how easy he was to predict, I couldn't help but wonder why my team didn't adapt as I had. I won't say I was smarter than them, and while I do feel that PH was a good one, I can't help but wonder why any of my teammates fell for his Mind-games so consistently when they were very obvious and easy to avoid.

    Overall, I sincerely wish PH's aim sensitivity issue was removed, as this would make his ranged attack power more of a threat, despite how telegraphed the attack is.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/166634/punishment-of-the-damned-is-so-easy-to-avoid

    Yep.

    Its the only thing I hate out of the whole chapter.

    Punishment of the Damned isn’t worth the risk most of the time, even at loops where survivors have little evasive options.

    I love Cheryl’s perks.

    I love PH perks.

    I love Midwich.

    I love Rites of Judgement & Cages of Atonement.

    I hate Punishment of The Damned.

    You... like PH perks?

    How

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1395525#Comment_1395525

    I honestly thought they’d be bad before release, but I gave them benefit of the doubt and put a lot of hours into experimenting with them.

    They’re my new favourite perks, and provide greater value than what they’re given credit for.

    I’m currently running a new anti heal build on Clown of Nurses, Coulrophobia, Deathbound, and Forced Penance, with Sulphuric Vial for Mangled. It’s working very very well.

    Forced Penance and Trail of Torment are quite decent perks.

  • @TWiXT said:

    The only thing I hate about Punishment of the Damned is the sudden and heavy change to turning/aim sensitivity. Many have compared it to Doc's Shock Therapy attack, and rightfully so as it seems to have the same kind of telegraphed delay before it "detonates", but Doc doesn't suddenly lose his aim control when powering it up. The aim sensitivity issue would be fine normally if, like Doc, It didn't punish the killer so heavily for a missed attack. As a survivor, I've Honestly only been hit with it maybe 20 or so times, but otherwise, I've been able to dodge it consistently since his release. Sure, that could be due to the killer players inexperience with him, but I feel that, Like Demogorgon, It's just too easy to see coming and dodge. The only times I've been hit with it are when the killer does it from behind a wall, but even then If I keep my ears open, I can still avoid it for the most part.

    The best PH player I ever went up against used cover constantly, and Mind-gamed me by threatening to use it at loops, but not actually doing so unless I Vaulted or Dropped a Pallet. Otherwise he was a simple M1 killer that I happily juked consistently. Regardless of how skillful he was at downing my teammates, I still felt that he was too easy to juke, and his power was equally too easy to avoid once I learned and adapted to his mind-games. I was the only one to escape that match, but considering how easy he was to predict, I couldn't help but wonder why my team didn't adapt as I had. I won't say I was smarter than them, and while I do feel that PH was a good one, I can't help but wonder why any of my teammates fell for his Mind-games so consistently when they were very obvious and easy to avoid.

    Overall, I sincerely wish PH's aim sensitivity issue was removed, as this would make his ranged attack power more of a threat, despite how telegraphed the attack is.

    I think you cannot change the turning speed because the trail consists of a lot of small elements, and these elements have to be placed properly to make a valid "trail". If you had higher sensitivity, then you would be spamming elements or they simply wouldn't attatch to each other properly. So I think this is pretty much a design decision.

    @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1395525#Comment_1395525

    I honestly thought they’d be bad before release, but I gave them benefit of the doubt and put a lot of hours into experimenting with them.

    They’re my new favourite perks, and provide greater value than what they’re given credit for.

    I’m currently running a new anti heal build on Clown of Nurses, Coulrophobia, Deathbound, and Forced Penance, with Sulphuric Vial for Mangled. It’s working very very well.

    What about the undetectable perk after kicking gens? I think this one is pretty bad because it only lasts 16 seconds and on top of that it basically gives every survivor a free Premonition effect, and not only giving them a region but a clear location, where the killer is. And Premonition is basiucally a perk to counter undetectable killers, so the perk counters itself.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1395650#Comment_1395650

    It’s actually very good.

    4 things:

    • 16 seconds of Undetectable is much longer than you think, and it’s possible to travel quite far in that time.
    • Survivors don’t expect the killer to travel as far as they can from the highlighted gen.
    • Survivors will sometimes be hesitant to jump onto the highlighted gen, so it gives partial gen control for those 16 seconds.
    • Survivors will sometimes be so bold to jump immediately back onto the kicked gen the moment you’re out of sight. I’ve taken advantage of this when noticing this by walking out of view then circling back around for easy hits or easy grabs.

    Well, if point 2 is a thing, then these survivors would also not be able to make use of Premonition

    Point 4 only works in my opinion in combination with Surveillance. If you are not completely sure that someone will be hopping on it by knowing that someone was around or by a survivor being stupid enough to start working in hearing distance, then you would simply waste the Undetectable effect.

    In my experience 16 seconds is not much, when you try to walk through LOS blockers. Also isn't worth it with a bunch of killers that simply have no use of Undetectable like Demo, Oni and imo also Pyramid Head. You need to be very lucky that he doesn't suddenly make his screeching sword sound

  • While I get that it's used to punish survivors during animations, it doesn't seem that fun to use. Survivors have already learned to not vault windows or drop pallets in front of PH, so they'll just keep running around and PH will be forced to M1. PH will almost never use Punishment if both the killer and survivors are playing optimally, so it's kind of boring.

    IMO it would be a lot more fun if PH couldn't bait with Trail and cancel into M1 and Punishment was a lot less, punishing, for missing.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1395525#Comment_1395525

    I honestly thought they’d be bad before release, but I gave them benefit of the doubt and put a lot of hours into experimenting with them.

    They’re my new favourite perks, and provide greater value than what they’re given credit for.

    I’m currently running a new anti heal build on Clown of Nurses, Coulrophobia, Deathbound, and Forced Penance, with Sulphuric Vial for Mangled. It’s working very very well.

    I've never been able to capitalize on notifications outside my range that happen randomly like deathbound. I just don't have the mobility unless I'm freddy to teleport

    Penace doesn't pop like it should and even when It does broken for 30 seconds is about the length of the chase if i don't just down them right away for body blocking.

    Don't get me started on the stealth perk that reveals my location and doesn't work with any of the required anti gen perks YUCK