Crowns are great! Need to be separate selection from “Head” though.
I know, a Head is a Head, but surely there’s away. While I know it’s very unlikely to have a whole new “hat” slot appear for cosmetics, there could still be a work-around.
For example, the crown could be a charm! Just work the model so that an invisible thread connects it to the survivor’s hip and places the crown where it’s supposed to be.
Things will be tougher for killer though, since their charms are in the hooks. But hey, this is a start!
Comments
I personally think you should just be able to select what head piece to put it on a charm version would be very lame.
Right, I should elaborate. I meant to make it where it’s technically a giant charm. You select it in the charms area, but when equipped, it looks like it does now. To do that, it would need an invisible string that connects the crown over your head to your hip so that the programming counts it as a charm. This might also allow them to make one for licensed characters since it’s not technically changing their head. (Not sure though)
If they want to make a headpiece slot, that’s great, but then hat cosmetics will be expected for all characters. Therefore I think it’s unlikely.
My only thought on them is:
1) Killers can't see most of their cosmetics anyway.
2) Do survivors really want a shiny, floating, glowing thing around their head all the time?
Tell me which one looks better.
1. yeah, but that applies in general with any outfit. Crowns aren't supposed to be an exception
2. immersed players? surely not. Survivors that scream for attention all the time? of course.
But you'll never see it in-game or anything, so eh. Just stare at it in the cosmetics screen.
No. That's a weak argument. There's cosmetics for a reason, I want to be able to use them effectively just as survivors should be able to.
?
I'm not "arguing" anything. I simply stated my view on them - which is a view I share for most killer cosmetics. That being that I can't even see any of them, so I rarely think about or bother with any of them.