Map offerings and why they need to be removed.

Remember the moon offerings and how dumb they were? They were removed for good reason, but map offerings stay. Map offerings are just as bad, if not worse than the moon offerings. Map offerings can send you to broken and unfavourable maps, and can sometimes mean a win for a survivor. With maps like Ormond and Haddonfield existing, we should have map offerings removed, as it creates an unfair advantage for either side. For both sides they are trash, a survivor can burn a haddonfield or Ormond offering whilst a killer can burn a dead dawg saloon map offering. I think they should be removed until every map in dbd if fixed.

Comments

  • @MiniPisa said:

    Bruh how many times do you gotta be sent to a map to hate the offerings this much

    How have you not been sent to Haddonfield and Ormond a million times as killer at red ranks? It happens a lot.

  • @MiniPisa said:

    Bruh how many times do you gotta be sent to a map to hate the offerings this much

    Ever had Haddonfield offerings multiple times in a row? because I do often. it's interesting to think about actually. Notice that the survivors can't know what killer they'll go up against, yet they know that this certain map is likely to give an advantage to them anyway. meanwhile, each particular killer will likely only get an advantage on one or two maps. So that really does show that Haddonfield and Ormond are broken, when even the survivors admit that nearly ALL the killers are screwed by it.

  • @MiniPisa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1380400#Comment_1380400

    Is that a PC thing? Because I literally never see a Haddonfield offering as survivor on ps4. I hate that map.

    I am a ps4 player as well, and as a red rank killer, it happens a lot.

  • I play both sides on PC for 2.8k hrs now (red Survivor and puple/red killer) . I usually see Corn Map, Auto Heaven, Red Forrest or MacMillan Offerings. Sometimes an Ormond or Springwood, but rarely Haddonfield. The latter was more common before the BL nerf since you got very strong loops with that perk. I never had much problems on Ormond, I learned to hate Red Forest because it's so large and Corn maps, because I can't see (I get Blendys' every time.... or they chose it).


    But I don't think map offerings should be disabled. How am I supposed to play Mirror Myers then? XD

  • @Falkner09 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1380034#Comment_1380034

    Ever had Haddonfield offerings multiple times in a row? because I do often. it's interesting to think about actually. Notice that the survivors can't know what killer they'll go up against, yet they know that this certain map is likely to give an advantage to them anyway. meanwhile, each particular killer will likely only get an advantage on one or two maps. So that really does show that Haddonfield and Ormond are broken, when even the survivors admit that nearly ALL the killers are screwed by it.


    killers playing The Game offering

    stealth killers playing stranger things map

  • I‘m not sure if I like the idea to remove mapofferings...

    on one side I like the idea, cause a swf with balance landing can drop haddonfield or a tier 1 Myers can drop lerrys, both have a big impact to the game

    but on the other side at the moment I drop every match a mapoffering so I don’t get this terrible new map^^

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1380034#Comment_1380034

    Meanwhile I'm just here hating map offerings because I never use them and they cost 5k BPs. They're just a waste of space on the bloodweb that I'm occasionally forced to buy.

    Lol, I say that about Mist Offerings. I get more of these and I never ever use them.

  • @MusicNerd_TC said:

    Remember the moon offerings and how dumb they were? They were removed for good reason, but map offerings stay. Map offerings are just as bad, if not worse than the moon offerings. Map offerings can send you to broken and unfavourable maps, and can sometimes mean a win for a survivor. With maps like Ormond and Haddonfield existing, we should have map offerings removed, as it creates an unfair advantage for either side. For both sides they are trash, a survivor can burn a haddonfield or Ormond offering whilst a killer can burn a dead dawg saloon map offering. I think they should be removed until every map in dbd if fixed.

    I just had an idea, why some people (like myself) seem to get Survivors with different preferences.

    Where do you play? I live in Germany. Maybe there's a different "map meta" around the world.

    Like I said. Haddonfield is rarely used here since the nerf of BL. And (at least for myself) I always dropped Ormond as killer when facing a bunch of Blendettes, so they couldn't hide.

    I think that Haddonfield should get a rework though. The fences are sometimes.... very long and some pallets are very strong especially with a fence+window.

  • I hate Map offerings too, I avoid them like the Plague.

    I think there are too many and they clutter my inventory.

    To solve this, I suggest that they should have gameplay fucntionality or bloodpoints.

    What if they were seen as a bet or a challenge instead.

    Like I want to bet that I can kill you or survive on this map. And if true you gain a reward in bloodpoints or shards.

    That would change my view of Map offerings, but until then... get this garbage out of here.

  • @EuphoricBliss35 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1380400#Comment_1380400

    killers playing The Game offering

    stealth killers playing stranger things map

    youre missing my point. those maps are good for some particular killers, not all. meanwhile, survivors know that no matter who the killer is, Haddonfield will likely be bad for them. Every killer but Trapper gets wrecked there. so it's a broken map.

  • Don't call the moon offerings dumb ☹️. They were cool design.

    I'm now reflexively disagreeing with your post even though I'd disagree anyway. I hate people burning Ormond and Yamaoka offerings, but I tend to either go stand in a corner if it's a really laggy / low fps day for me or I just find a survivor and camp them to death just to get the others to rush gens and leave.

  • Sometimes I think only killers should get map offerings, since some killer builds are better on certain maps and completely useless on others. It's kinda dumb if survivors burn an offering that makes the killer useless, what's even the point of playing the match, then? I go AFK pretty much every time survivors burn a Haddonfield offering: apparently they'd like to have the easiest match possible so I spare myself the frustration and let them.

    On the other hand, there are certain maps with achievements attached to them. I have yet to get the gen achievement on Dead Dawg Saloon. I almost never get that map as survivor, and when I do the killer is just hardcore usually demolishing the entire team. I can get AFK/farming/newbie killers over and over again on other maps and then suddenly boom, Dead Dawg Saloon, worst freaking luck on a map ever. Anyway, map offerings for it to help me get the achievement would be useful. I don't have any offerings for it yet, but hopefully in the future, and maybe that'll help. It'd suck to be completely stuck at the mercy of RNG for all time while going for that achievement (I've been at the mercy of RNG so far, and it sucks).