Dead by Daylight is an attractive game due to its characters.
But unfortunately, this is not true after the new update. The new character is very interesting, yet at the same time very disappointing.
I have summarized the problems of the new killer.
1. Character design and settings overlap with Hag
Hag was a great character with interesting design and story. Rynn only adds some nudity from Hag’s deign. Rynn has hackneyed design compared to Hag.
2. Sexual objectification
Rynn’s design has unnecessary body exposures. The reason she is wearing such a costume is intolerable. The body exposure of David highlights his personality and his toughness. The body exposure of Hag highlights her beast life. However, the body exposure of Rynn merely emphasizes her body shape. Unnecessary body exposure is rather unpleasant.
Fans who love the game can see the character sexually. But the game developer should not intentionally make it that way. It is the game developer’s job to make a murderer like a murderer, and a survivor as a survivor. Dead by Daylight was so appealing and welcomed to both men and women, even as a horror game. Making Rynn’s breast bouncing is the worst idea. There is no need for Bouncing Breast in horror games. Fu*k the guy who thought of this thing.
3. Configuration and Story
Even though murderers have been victims before, the ways they were treated have never been described in detail. The original trailers of killers other than Rynn showed only the scary look of the killers. There is no need for persistent descriptions and explanations of how Rin died and how her father murdered her. The trailer looks like a snuff film and makes it very unpleasant to watch.
Many Asian women are actually subjected to domestic violence against their husbands and fathers, and they are also threatened to be slaughtered. Many Asian women are trembling in fear. This does not create a virtual configuration like the settings of other characters. It is no different than pornography made of existing crime and fear women go through.
Also male murderers were active killers like innate psychopaths and lunatics. But women killers are all victims thus making them to take revenge on others after their deaths. There is a need for diversity of settings depending on gender.
Hag and Huntress are the most unique and cool character among many other game characters. Dead by daylight was popular thanks to their character design. Do you think the game will be more attractive and more popular by creating characters with more violence? No.** If you lose the integrity, it will only collapse.** The production team of Dead by daylight must remember this clearly.
Take a look at the characters you have created, and think about whether you have lost your intentions because of your desire to attract people with cliché.
Comments
Soooo... while everyone is talking about the perks, the power, and the usage of both in highranks or talk about possible buffs, you recognize her breasts are bouncing.... really? Maybe you should think about your connection to Dead by Daylight if you look for sexual content or charackter models instead of game-relevant mechanics.
Maybe they recycled the hag model, ok. Its possible of course. but i think they did very well with the moves, the new killer makes. like all bones are broken.
The storys is well detailed, yes. You can like it or not, but the story is also not a game-relevant mechanic. I also miss the part between her punishment by her father and her ressurrection as The Spirit. What happend between this two scenes and why or how was she become the spirit? Maybe i just dont read/understood the story completely.
The Fear of a survivor to be in an area with a killer is gone in this game. With every match it will become more arena-like than horror. So I hope the devs will be doing more for atmosphere and jumpscare moments (what the spirit definitively do)
And you can be sure there will be some costumes in the shop soon. maybe something with a Arctic jacket to not show bouncing boobs anymore?
Do you usually read books? The more details we have the more immersive is the story.
I dont think the video is unpleasant for the vast majority, it's you being too sensitive. Just compare the trailer with other movies.
"Many Asian women are actually subjected to domestic violence"... I dont actually get this point but, guess what, not only Asian women.
Games, movies and books have all sorts of real stories as a background, so i'm not sure what you mean.
For point 1 and 2 i'm just gonna quote what @chemical_reject said: Lol where were u when shirtless David came about?
@Vietfox said:
Did you read my article? It is quite possible to make a real case motif. but Social issues that victims still exist in all media should not be taken lightly. If the Jewish character that was slaughtered by the Nazis in this game came out with the wound, would not it have been possible to avoid criticism? It is a wrong act to describe the perpetrators' actions as much as necessary, even if that is the purpose of criticism. Hag and HillBilly were all victims, but the damage was never described in detail. Do you think it's right to portray the murder process more than you need and to concentrate on the father who murdered character rather than character?
And, I said the intentions of exposure were different. You should read Point 2 again.
I didnt notice any exposure till you mentioned it, and probably will forget about it because my mind is not that dirty.
PS: are you american? Just curious.
Also I think people are pushing their beliefs into the game, which is totally fine but we also have to respect that ther are people who are fine with embracing their body and we have people who tend be modest. Neither side is better than the other. And overall you would only see this killer as being sexual because your mind thinks it.
I am Asian. I think English is poor, but I still have to say something. Women 's human rights and commercialization of femininity, domestic violence and murder committed by men are important social problems. Without criticism, there is no development. I think that these problems can be sensitive.
You think people take less seriously this issues because they are shown in a video game? Damn, i didnt even think about domestic violence till you said it, and i'm pretty sure no one else but you did.
ow interesting you made an account purely for this post.
I have no complaints about the costumes of the characters you uploaded. Only the poses of the girls hero are so funny. Imagine a male hero posing as a female hero.

I'll compare it with DBD. Look at what the problem is.
It does not mean that video games exacerbate social problems. If you are dealing with the weak, you have to be a little more equal and uncomfortable. If a character who was killed by racial discrimination comes out, does he need to describe in detail what abused, how many, who was attacked, how he died, and who abused the character? No. Did HillBilly describe in detail what abused and how his parents hit him and how? HillBilly was emphasized to be a murderer using saws. Spirit does not have to be so stressed that her past and her father are so. It is unnecessary and unpleasant.
Oh no , SJWs have invaded Dead by Daylight.
I have done everything I have to say, and I keep on talking about it. I have to rest for a while. I welcome you to ask questions. We welcome any discussion. But I will not answer the strange guys. See you later.
What's wrong with being sexy?
Are you surprised really?
I mean this game is popular on Tumblr of all places.
Yes, it actually does need to be described. This game is horror themed, and that's exactly what horror, as a genre is. It's a safe way to hold up a very dark mirror to our reality. This is why fans of the genre enjoy it so much, because it allows us to explore dark and mature themes without being directly affected by them.
You cannot be overly-sensitive and a fan of the genre. Those two things directly contradict each other.
Horror isn't jumpscares. It's dark fantasy. It's a peek into topics that are terrifying, visceral, and taboo. Once you start trying to remove those things, the genre no longer exists.
You do realize that the old vampire tales are an allegory for #########, right? That Frankenstein was a cautionary tale of man trying to become God? That werewolves are a reflection of our own carnal, bestial natures, and were used as a reasoning behind serial killings and mass murders?
The last thing you do in horror is look away, because then the lessons the genre teaches us are lost.
Wow thats really cool actually.
And sorry for my reaction on the other thread . It was just a very shocking post to me.
I'm shook
No need to apologize. I just enjoy critical thought and debate. Many times I don't post on here because things degenerate quickly. But, I love learning, and seeing new perspectives on things. I'm not a wall, by any means.
I feel bad when im rude with not rude people its in my soul so to speak.
And i have seen a lot of dumb ######### in the DBD forums too so there is that.
But you are nice person of the web .
As for the revealed look of the killer, i have heard no one complain about it other than you. I thought the killer looked amazing when i saw it, i never even thought of the stuff you said mostly because games like f13 were very revealing yet no one called that game out for it. Some killers will be revealing, as this game is meant for mature audiences, and it usually won’t matter to anyone because people are more fixated on the killer ability and potential(which this killer has a very high potential to be too-tier imo).
You realize that this game is 18+?` And rynn is far away from being naked anyway
I dont care about lore, not my kind of stuff, gonna skip that^^
But dont worry, she will disspear from the game within no time, just like clown did because she is too weak
Feminism nowadays..... you bettre dont give them too much attention
The way I look at it– if a vengeful apparition armed with a katana wants to get their whammer's out who am I to argue?
This is actually hurting my head. I'm a woman and I can't believe that there are those out there actually making a big deal about that fact that the killer is wearing bandages. She is freakin gorgeous and you can see her wounds more clearly this way.
Her back story makes you feel for her. My only thought when I saw her was I thought it would be cool to see some blood coming from the wounds.
the new killers costume is like :
yup. and it sucks.
Why even click on the topic just to tell the OP to trash her opinion. S/he has a right to give it, just anyone else up here complaining about the game.
I personally don't have a problem with the way she is dressed, but I do think it is odd that all she's wearing is bandages. Doesn't fit with her lore. When her father killed her, was she getting out of the shower? Makes more sense to have her in a gown or something. I see her as amalgamation of a few of the killers who already exist. Bandaged and disappearing like the wraith, contorted like the hag, projection speeds and sneak attack like the nurse. She's my favorite killer design of them all.
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/16530/i-apologize-on-behalf-of-korean-gamers-the-sudden-influx-of-feminist-posts-regarding-the-new-killer#latest
@BROWN you can't police/censor art.
That's all.
Lycka till!
@BROWN
Incorrect. The Spirit is entirely based on two emotions: rage and sorrow. That's why her model is constantly shifting, from maliciously grinning to cowering in fear and being slumped over, her backstory is graphic because she is a disturbing and disturbed character. She's well written and pretty interesting considering what we've gotten in the sense of lore before her.
I better go buy a whisky bottle, life goes on.
2) saying that the new killers trailer looks like a snuff film is a little much. And I do understand that some Asian women suffer from domestic violence BUT that's a world wide issue. Yes the new chapter does seem Asian themed but I'm pretty sure the Devs were not trying to exploit the the "fear of women" (I'm not even gonna say asian women because once again that's a problem that doesn't have borders.)
The lore for the spirit is fine. It let's u see the WHY of her becoming a vengeful phantasm. Don't like it? Don't play games rated M (I heard Civ 5 was good?)
And last but not least......the clown has an add on that's actually called "porntape" where was ur outrage then @BROWN?? If the clown was female would u have ran to the forum and created an account JUST to voice ur disapproval ?
This is all bullshit who cares about this person and their bait.