Oni or Huntress?

I've got 9k shards and the only killers I have left are Oni and Huntress.

Which one is better to play as?

Comments

  • I find Oni to be more fun. If you're good with the range, though, Huntress may be for you. Really depends if you wanna throw hatchets or hulk smash the survivors.

  • Isn't huntress for free?

  • Huntress is pretty consistent, but is almost 1 trick material if you want to get really good at her.

    Oni is all-or-nothing. He is the strongest character in the game in his power, and the weakest outside of it. If you screw up a power activation even once it can be GG. If you cannot land your first hit quickly as an M1 killer, you will lose games extremely hard.

    But on the other hand, it's not uncommon to see a really good oni get 2-3 downs in a single power activation; starting a snowball where the survivors have to choose between gens or healing, leaving you endlessly activating your power and running out of control.

  • @Khar said:

    I find Oni to be more fun. If you're good with the range, though, Huntress may be for you. Really depends if you wanna throw hatchets or hulk smash the survivors.

    I suck at playing the deathslinger, so I'm going to guess that I'll suck as Huntress lol

  • @1nsignia said:

    Isn't huntress for free?

    Only on console. On pc huntress, hag, nurse, and doc are dlc. Not sure on nurse tho

  • @yandere777 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1371979#Comment_1371979

    Only on console. On pc huntress, hag, nurse, and doc are dlc. Not sure on nurse tho

    Nurse is free now, on console and PC.

    Huntress is free on Console but not PC.

  • @Shocktober said:

    Huntress is pretty consistent, but is almost 1 trick material if you want to get really good at her.

    Oni is all-or-nothing. He is the strongest character in the game in his power, and the weakest outside of it. If you screw up a power activation even once it can be GG. If you cannot land your first hit quickly as an M1 killer, you will lose games extremely hard.

    But on the other hand, it's not uncommon to see a really good oni get 2-3 downs in a single power activation; starting a snowball where the survivors have to choose between gens or healing, leaving you endlessly activating your power and running out of control.

    See for me he's one of the more difficult killers to play against too, which is why I think I'm leaning towards him. I also like that he eats blood gobs.

  • Huntress is free on PC too. It’s just Doctor and Hag that are free on console, but not PC. Huntress on console has to be ‘purchased’ in the PS store but doesn’t cost anything.

    OP - Buy Oni and find Huntress in the console store.

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1371987#Comment_1371987

    Nurse is free now, on console and PC.

    Huntress is free on Console but not PC.

    Oh weird! It looks like you have to "purchase" the lullaby for the dark chapter but there's no charge???

  • @Steel_Eyed said:

    Huntress is free on PC too. It’s just Doctor and Hag that are free on console, but not PC. Huntress on console has to be ‘purchased’ in the PS store but doesn’t cost anything.

    OP - Buy Oni and find Huntress in the console store.

    Awesome! I did! Thanks! And Thanks @BigBrainMegMain

  • @Sadsnacks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1371980#Comment_1371980

    See for me he's one of the more difficult killers to play against too, which is why I think I'm leaning towards him. I also like that he eats blood gobs.

    The blood globs are great for tracking, too. Plus, just how he sounds when he goes into the blood rage, pulls out his kanabō, and clubs the ground with it after downing a survivor is super satisfying. He FEELS powerful.

  • @Sadsnacks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1371980#Comment_1371980

    See for me he's one of the more difficult killers to play against too, which is why I think I'm leaning towards him. I also like that he eats blood gobs.

    He needs a full build and alot of experience to be any good. You need to be a solid M1 killer, to ensure landing a hit within the first 30-40~ seconds of the game or you are liable to lose like 3 gens without a down. You need to learn how to flick his power or you will be useless at many loops, and you also need to learn when to charge it at what loops to ensure a hit.

    But once you have all that down, he is probably one of the most satisfying killers in the game to play. No other killer can demolish an entire team as quickly as an Oni except infectious fright nurse.

  • @Sadsnacks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1371988#Comment_1371988

    Oh weird! It looks like you have to "purchase" the lullaby for the dark chapter but there's no charge???

    Correct. I almost made the mistake of paying shards on PlayStation, too. Huntress and David are really great characters.