Secret benefit of Repressed Alliance
Here's the scenario: you're working on a gen and nearly done. Suddenly you see the killer bearing down on you. You know you can't complete the gen in time so you decide to run. HOWEVER, just before you let go you get a skill check. Damn! If you miss the skill check you're gonna lose a bunch of progress, but if you stay to hit it then you're going to get hit by the killer .. or worse, grabbed!
With Repressed Alliance, even after you get the skill check notification sound, you can press X to block the gen and it cancels the skill check. BOOM - crisis averted!
Is Repressed Alliance OP? I'll let you be the judge
Comments
Thatβs actually a really good nuance to know
Yeah I've actually had it come in handy a couple times already. :)
I love this perk it's so damn good π
Anyone know if you can use it to negate Overcharge?
Oohh good question!
It's really growing on me. There are stronger perks but it's so fun to use.
If you can its broken
If it can possibly counter one perk one or two times a match it's broken? You can't be serious. The majority of the time avoiding an Overcharge skill check isn't even beneficial because you could simply hit it. And if you DO use it to avoid the skill check you still can't work on the gen for 30 seconds..
I am serious. That perk is already practically worthless thanks to the jedi mind trick of hitting a skill check while running and because most survivors hit that skill check no problem. Adding to that is pretty miserable. If anything it should pause the skill check so when the next person touches it it resumes.
If its not beneficial to stop it why do you care?
Lol ok. So SOMETIMES countering a "practically worthless" perk would suddenly make the Repressed Alliance BROKEN. The devs better nerf this OP beast ASAP or we're gonna have a meta shift the likes of which we've never seen before π±π±π±
I didnt say they should nerf it, just remove its ability to completely negate overcharge IF its currently doing that. Everything else about it is whatever.
Ill ask again, if its more beneficial to NOT used repressed alliance in that situatiin, why do you care?
That would be a nerf, tho. Hypothetically speaking.
How is it a nerf if the right call is to hit the skill check? Its interestimg you keep avoiding that question
Removing an ability and making a perk useful in fewer situations is like the definition of a nerf.
I know you think you had some crazy gotcha question but I said the majority of the time it would be better to hit the Overcharge skill check. That means other times blocking it might be better, like if the killer is coming back to the gen. I chose to ignore your question because it's pointless and changed absolutely nothing.
This is boring, though, so goodnight.
Right. So by your definition its cool to nerf an already underwhelming perk like overcharge but nobody should ever advocate nerfing a survivor perk. Got it. Goodnight π
That's not what a nerf is, but you've already made it clear you don't understand what one is, so it makes sense you'd be confused. You're not good at arguing.
Wait a tick, I thought you were going to bed? What happened?