Red rank survivors are such a mixed bag...
So as a killer who goes against reds and a solo survivor who sees lots of reds on my team I have to say the skill gap between this rank 1 and that rank 1 can be HUGGGGGGGEEEEE.
Ill have a teammate who loops the killer for five minutes, Is constantly doing gens or something else, and makes a well timed saved during endgame. Then I’ll have five teammates in a row who crouch if the killer is anywhere on their half of the map, self cares against sloppy butcher in a corner, and basically gives up halfway through the game camping hatch for 10 minutes.
Comments
Considering that you can get to red rank by fighting level 18 killers, it's no surprise that the gap is large.
I main killer. Never played enough to be red rank, was close a few times tho. Mb I meme too much?
Anyway I hit red rank survivor without noticing last month. Even playing with green to white rank swf friends that just got the game, they're bad teammates lol, and against not super bad killers usually. It's just super easy to rank up in comparison.
Edit: I usually solo btw. You can for early and still get a safety pip in a lot of games.
I feel like even before matchmaking broke it was similar. I very very rarely depip even at red ranks, unless I get caught first and tunneled/camped then I will accomplish enough to black pip or pip up. Meaning red rank is solely a matter of time, then at reset it only takes a few pips to get right back to red again. I wonder what % of survivors are currently red ranks vs what % of killers are red right now.