I've heard PS4 has some issues with framerate but as a pc player I can't comment on that one.
In terms of is dbd fun, yes. It's not entirely new player friendly but once you get the hang of it, it's amazing fun and still is after almost 3 years. I'd recommend this game to people in a heartbeat provided they like the genre, but if you're in EU I'd wait a while for them to fix the PS4 EU sale going on.
Also, hopefully, they're releasing a new matchmaking system soon, since matchmaking right now has some large issues with functioning.
Overall though I'd say buy it, definitely. But again I'm on PC and Switch so I can't comment completely in terms of PS4 performance.
Yes it's a very fun game and there I'd a reason it is the only assymetrical horror game which has been so successful.
My advice is to play and have fun, don't take it too seriously and don't get caught up in the forum or the end game chat drama.
Play both sides and find the role you prefer. It's always good to mix it up niw and again as it gives a better persepective on the other sides woes.
The game can have balance issues for a new player due to matchmaking atm which is being worked on but its a game which will never have esports balance.
It has a high learning curve and a large grind but its a good time to start as an anniversary event is happening on the 23rd of this month which hopefully will give more blood points to level up characters fast for a while.
I've heard PS4 has some issues with framerate but as a pc player I can't comment on that one.
In terms of is dbd fun, yes. It's not entirely new player friendly but once you get the hang of it, it's amazing fun and still is after almost 3 years. I'd recommend this game to people in a heartbeat provided they like the genre, but if you're in EU I'd wait a while for them to fix the PS4 EU sale going on.
Also, hopefully, they're releasing a new matchmaking system soon, since matchmaking right now has some large issues with functioning.
Overall though I'd say buy it, definitely. But again I'm on PC and Switch so I can't comment completely in terms of PS4 performance.
The performance of the PS4 version can’t be worse than Switch though? Would you recommend the Switch version?
@OP it’s a fun game, but definitely not newcomer friendly, if you can have fun while not winning every game and playing for the moments and the atmosphere etc, grab it (once the PS4 sale is working) or wait til there is a free weekend thing? I don’t know how frequently those are though..
The performance of the PS4 version can’t be worse than Switch though? Would you recommend the Switch version?
@OP it’s a fun game, but definitely not newcomer friendly, if you can have fun while not winning every game and playing for the moments and the atmosphere etc, grab it (once the PS4 sale is working) or wait til there is a free weekend thing? I don’t know how frequently those are though..
You'd think so, but from the complaints I'm not so sure. I mean yeah, Lèrys Spirit and Oni make the game unplayable but aside from that it isn't too awful (though I was used to a 12fps laptop so that might be why). I'd recommend switch yeah, provided you have online, but you may need to restart the game because of a memory leak issue.
It can definitely be fun. It can also definitely be aggravating. If you're on the fence I'd suggest watching some streamers to learn more about the game and to see if it looks right for you. A word of caution if you do, they will make it look easy which it's not.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I've heard PS4 has some issues with framerate but as a pc player I can't comment on that one.
In terms of is dbd fun, yes. It's not entirely new player friendly but once you get the hang of it, it's amazing fun and still is after almost 3 years. I'd recommend this game to people in a heartbeat provided they like the genre, but if you're in EU I'd wait a while for them to fix the PS4 EU sale going on.
Also, hopefully, they're releasing a new matchmaking system soon, since matchmaking right now has some large issues with functioning.
Overall though I'd say buy it, definitely. But again I'm on PC and Switch so I can't comment completely in terms of PS4 performance.
I only play on pc, so I don't know if the game is good on console or not, but since I started the game, I never stopped :)
Yes it's a very fun game and there I'd a reason it is the only assymetrical horror game which has been so successful.
My advice is to play and have fun, don't take it too seriously and don't get caught up in the forum or the end game chat drama.
Play both sides and find the role you prefer. It's always good to mix it up niw and again as it gives a better persepective on the other sides woes.
The game can have balance issues for a new player due to matchmaking atm which is being worked on but its a game which will never have esports balance.
It has a high learning curve and a large grind but its a good time to start as an anniversary event is happening on the 23rd of this month which hopefully will give more blood points to level up characters fast for a while.
The performance of the PS4 version can’t be worse than Switch though? Would you recommend the Switch version?
@OP it’s a fun game, but definitely not newcomer friendly, if you can have fun while not winning every game and playing for the moments and the atmosphere etc, grab it (once the PS4 sale is working) or wait til there is a free weekend thing? I don’t know how frequently those are though..
Yup it is fun but trust me, it's more toxic on ps4, other than that all you gotta do is grind
I play on PS4 and I enjoy it. Do recommend turning off your messages though because there's unfortunately quite alot of sore winners/losers.
You'd think so, but from the complaints I'm not so sure. I mean yeah, Lèrys Spirit and Oni make the game unplayable but aside from that it isn't too awful (though I was used to a 12fps laptop so that might be why). I'd recommend switch yeah, provided you have online, but you may need to restart the game because of a memory leak issue.
I would suggest waiting a couple of months for the match making fix.
Trying to play killer as new player right is just going to be extremely frustrating.
Unless you plan to play exclusively survivor.
It can definitely be fun. It can also definitely be aggravating. If you're on the fence I'd suggest watching some streamers to learn more about the game and to see if it looks right for you. A word of caution if you do, they will make it look easy which it's not.