Lag out Ban Timer, pls help
So what's good for the people who have bad wi fi like me right now cuz of the corona and there's not many companies who will come out and fix it yet. So what if i lag out i just get banned and have to deal with the timer when i didn't rage quit. THANKS DEVS
Comments
Tbh, it's fair that people are punished if they have a bad connection but still plays online games.
Ruins the experience for everyone else.
Sorry, but COVID-19 is not the reason you have bad wi-fi. The virus, despite what some people say, has nothing to do with electromagnetic waves like wi-fi or 5G. You'd have bad wi-fi regardless. I recommend you get an ethernet cable, that should solve your problem.
right, because if the tables were turned you'd say the same. stfu
I certainly would. When I'm playing an online multiplayer game with my BF and his connection becomes unstable, we stop playing together because it's ruining everyone else's game.
fine but dc'ing through something that's out of my control and then getting told it's "fair" cuz other people are inconvenienced is moronic.
Not really, no. If you know your connection is unstable beforehand (which you explicitly said you did), it's your responsibility and within your control not to play online multiplayer games that your connection can't handle. This is like buying a game for Windows 10 when you only have Windows 7 and then complaining that it doesn't work on your PC. Stable internet connections are a requirement for online gaming, period.
no ######### sherlock but im not the only one who uses wi fi in this game and there's other factors that go into play than "MaKiNg sUrE I hAVe GoOd iNtErNeT"
Then you should check those factors. Bottom line, it's your responsibility to make sure your specs are sufficient to play the game. I already advised you to get an ethernet cable, which should help a lot.
you know you can disconnect with an Ethernet cable too?
also you wanna talk about efficient specs, the game should be able to recognize when someone leaves the game manually versus losing connection. In Mobile they implemented bots for that, this aint mobile but it sure proves somethin can be done
Unfortunately, yes. However, it is still far more stable than wi-fi.
Listen, I'm just giving you advice on how you can have a more stable connection. The devs aren't going to lift the penalty for people who try to play with an unstable connection any more than they're gonna lift the penalty for people who DC because of "camping".
The game probably can recognize that, but you'd still have the penalties. Bots are a different matter.
Switch isp. My internet went down yesterday someone came today and fixed it.
??? They implemented the bots so if someone lost connection they can finish the match, it's entirely the matter why they came about but ok
there's also no penalty for mobile
Wish I had that luck. My ISP was deceitful in their promises (didn't lie outright, just gave the wrong impression) and now I have a 200 Mbps connection that crashes if I actually use it at that speed for too long.
Unless you're the killer, people can still finish the trial, it's just ruined. I meant it's another matter because DbD Mobile has a different team than DbD on console and PC.
Mobile should absolutely have a penalty. Bots are not humans, they can't play as well as humans.
Try checking your router mtu setting. I had that problem a few years back .
Nah, that's not it. The guy I called checked those settings remotely, changed a few of them, and said everything should be OK now. Spoiler: It's not.
My connection sometimes crashes during the day or afternoon (but not at night, for some strange reason) even when I'm just browsing the forum.
That sucks. I guess I won't complain about my 18mbs