What tier would you put Pyramid Head in as of now?
Its been a day since his release, so I want to see where everyone thinks he places as of now.
To me he's somewhere between High C tier to Mid B tier
Its been a day since his release, so I want to see where everyone thinks he places as of now.
To me he's somewhere between High C tier to Mid B tier
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
yeah high c seems about right. The best thing you can do is hold m2 while chasing a survivor so they try and dodge, making it easier to catch up
He's a solid B tier.
B. Above Demo, below Doc. Which is funny, seeing as he appears to be a hybrid of both.
B Tier
Since when is Demo not an A tier? And I would argue that PH is below Demo in terms of reliability and usability of their powers.
Honestly? As someone whos played against him since PTB I think he's DEFINITELY at least low A or mid A tier. He has an insane ability that makes it so you either waste a pallet and take a hit or he just gains a bunch of distance on you. The only two problems he has is the cooldown of his ability and his lack of map pressure however his ability to secure some quick downs and counter pallets really help
High B
Since forever? He's B tier at best. His portals are unreliable, his lunge is best for bait, and his addons are in serious need of a rework.
His portals are reliable if placed correctly for knowing where Survivors are at and quick movement around the map. His lunge is best used for bait when a Survivor is looking at you as they run (the same as it is for Pyramid Head if you apply the same tactic). But it is so easy to use his Shred ability if you know how long to hold it and when to launch. The only thing wrong are his add-ons but he's honestly in a good spot for base kit. He's definitely not B, if there was a low A tier, I'd put him there. But he's no B.
He has absolutely no map pressure, and his chase pressure is not that great either. Sure he saves time by caging, but putting them in torment state probably costs more time than hooking them normally.
So, i think he's in C tier.
His shred is DEFINITELY not only for bait, it helps you reach to survivors just before they can reach an otherwise annoying loop or pallet
His portals offer a ton of map pressure if used correctly, and both stall and detection to a lesser extent
I do agree he needs an add-on rework sooner or later.
I want to say lower B is a perfect fit for him at the moment. I think he is relatively balanced with simple counterplay. If I were to guess, give it a month & he might be bumped down once everyone understands his counterplay near perfectly.
C-tier.
Absolutely outclassed by Demo and Deathslinger in chases (his ranged attack is just as much about baiting as Demo's lunge and Deathslingers shot, but much slower and near impossible to raw-hit outside of vault/pallet animations against good survivors). Except he doesn't have the map mobility of Demo or small terror radius of Deathslinger... he has cages which are situational and detrimental to use in most cases.
He has 2 aspects to his power:
Torment
Ranged attack
Both of which are too easy for survivors to avoid. I've seriously gone entire matches where no one gets tormented, or I never hit anyone with Punishment of the Damned due to its janky control sensitivity shift, and heavily lenient telegraphed attack area. The ranged attack already has a limited range (docs old shock therapy range, 8m), and takes 1 second to queue up which survivors can see and hear PH attempting clearly, the extra telegraphed field of effect and delayed detonation I could normally deal with since I'm used to playing doc, but the sudden shift in turning sensitivity makes aiming it ahead of survivors so much more difficult than it ought to be. If they just left the turning sensitivity normal, It would be a lot more useful, but as it stands you often end up turning too much or too little, and because of the telegraphed area of effect/delayed detonation, survivors dodge it insanely easily. The only time's I've been able to pull it off are when I'm behind a wall and see the survivors aura (NC), because using it at any loops never hits, and the 4 second slowdown after a missed attack is extra punishing. As for torment, Avoiding the trails is ridiculously easy, and so most survivors only ever step on it if I chase them into one i set ahead of time, otherwise no one ever gets tormented.
Sigh, I want to rate him higher, but with the torment issue, and the Ranged attack being so difficult to pull off, he's basically reduced to being an M1 killer, and any killer that can't use a damaging power effectively and has to resort to going m1 all game is D tier at best IMO.