PTB - Can you guys stop jumping to conclusions?

-Vent mode on-
Seriously, people started crying and complaining 1 hours after the patch dropped. Trying a couple times the new things is not enough, get some experience and then give an opinion. Otherwise you just look ridiculous.
-Vent mode off

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • This content has been removed.
  • Exactly. Up vote for u. 
  • I'd love to try her, but I've had three lobbies in two hours. If you wanna join me for KYF, I'd appreciate it.

  • @ZombieGenesis said:
    Yes, people having opinions and expressing them in an intelligent manner look ridiculous. Survivor main logic right there.

    Sorry, but the fact is, the character is new. It takes time to get used to the power, add-ons, perk combinations, etc..

  • This content has been removed.
  • Haven't you guys realized? There will be no game without constantly attacking killers/survivors perks and buffs. The devs would get bored :) lol. And yes the killer and survivor are new and it's only ptb. Just take it easy and have fun with new characters.

  • @ZombieGenesis said:
    Survivor main logic right there.

    How does it even correlate? If you wanted to look stupid in my eyes you made it

  • It's simple really, the Survivor is weak and the Killer is strong. I really don't have any complaints about her or think she is OP.

  • @ZombieGenesis said:
    Yes, people having opinions and expressing them in an intelligent manner look ridiculous. Survivor main logic right there.

    The killer JUST came out, people are jumping to conclusions without giving her proper time of testing.

  • This content has been removed.
  • Take my upvote!

    Calling something overpowered after playing against it once it not good feedback. Chances are it's not goinggto be as bad once you're used to it. There was a time when the Wraith was considered OP because people hadn't learn how to counter him.
  • People are discussing their opinions of what they are experiencing and then being attacked by entitled survivor mains.

    Yes cause all the attacks always come from survivor mains, oh damn survivor mains, arghh xD
    Jokes aside, a logical person would wait a bit more than 1 or 2 hours. Get your own opinion first, test it for a few days without checking other opinions and once you think u understand how the killer works check other opinions.
    I personally find really funny all the gossipstorm every time something  new comes out.
  • Peanits said:
    Take my upvote!

    Calling something overpowered after playing against it once it not good feedback. Chances are it's not goinggto be as bad once you're used to it. There was a time when the Wraith was considered OP because people hadn't learn how to counter him.
    Or what happened to freddy. 
  • @ZombieGenesis said:
    Sorry, too many threads were people were discussing things calmly and expressing concerns and then suddenly a wild survivor main crying "STOP BITCHING! GAWD!" People are allowed to engage in debate..unless you're a killer main. I forgot. Then no matter what you're doing you're whining or crying. That's what's ridiculous. I've seen several well thought out posts just shutdown or invaded by survivors who add nothing to the conversation but name calling and insults. Were some people just whining? Sure but not everyone was but they were still attacked by survivor mains and just outright DISMISSED by devs.

    Sorry but to me that's what's ridiculous.

    1 hr in: "KILLER IS OP"
    Killer mains: Stop with the kneejerk reactions!

    1 hr in: "KILLER IS UNDERPOWERED"
    Killer mains: We are expressing intelligent opinions!

  • @Visionmaker said:

    @ZombieGenesis said:
    Sorry, too many threads were people were discussing things calmly and expressing concerns and then suddenly a wild survivor main crying "STOP BITCHING! GAWD!" People are allowed to engage in debate..unless you're a killer main. I forgot. Then no matter what you're doing you're whining or crying. That's what's ridiculous. I've seen several well thought out posts just shutdown or invaded by survivors who add nothing to the conversation but name calling and insults. Were some people just whining? Sure but not everyone was but they were still attacked by survivor mains and just outright DISMISSED by devs.

    Sorry but to me that's what's ridiculous.

    1 hr in: "KILLER IS OP"
    Killer mains: Stop with the kneejerk reactions!

    1 hr in: "KILLER IS UNDERPOWERED"
    Killer mains: We are expressing intelligent opinions!

    I will say, in their defense, that they're usually better at determining whether or not something is going to be OP than Survivors are. Remember the Nightmare nerf?

  • This content has been removed.
  • @ZombieGenesis said:
    Sorry, too many threads were people were discussing things calmly and expressing concerns and then suddenly a wild survivor main crying "STOP BITCHING! GAWD!" People are allowed to engage in debate..unless you're a killer main. I forgot. Then no matter what you're doing you're whining or crying. That's what's ridiculous. I've seen several well thought out posts just shutdown or invaded by survivors who add nothing to the conversation but name calling and insults. Were some people just whining? Sure but not everyone was but they were still attacked by survivor mains and just outright DISMISSED by devs.

    Sorry but to me that's what's ridiculous.

    1 hr in: "KILLER IS OP"
    Killer mains: Stop with the kneejerk reactions!

    1 hr in: "KILLER IS UNDERPOWERED"
    Killer mains: We are expressing intelligent opinions!

    Lol, spot on. It's like they have a hivemind. 
  • @Orion said:

    @Visionmaker said:

    @ZombieGenesis said:
    Sorry, too many threads were people were discussing things calmly and expressing concerns and then suddenly a wild survivor main crying "STOP BITCHING! GAWD!" People are allowed to engage in debate..unless you're a killer main. I forgot. Then no matter what you're doing you're whining or crying. That's what's ridiculous. I've seen several well thought out posts just shutdown or invaded by survivors who add nothing to the conversation but name calling and insults. Were some people just whining? Sure but not everyone was but they were still attacked by survivor mains and just outright DISMISSED by devs.

    Sorry but to me that's what's ridiculous.

    1 hr in: "KILLER IS OP"
    Killer mains: Stop with the kneejerk reactions!

    1 hr in: "KILLER IS UNDERPOWERED"
    Killer mains: We are expressing intelligent opinions!

    I will say, in their defense, that they're usually better at determining whether or not something is going to be OP than Survivors are. Remember the Nightmare nerf?

    To be fair, the devs finally admitted that nerfing Freddy 2 days into the patch was a stupid choice, and they handled the Clown pretty well.

    But it's only been a few hours. Most people are still at work. ( :( ) If she is as weak as people claim, she will probably get the same Clown treatment and be buffed a bit.

  • @Visionmaker said:
    To be fair, the devs finally admitted that nerfing Freddy 2 days into the patch was a stupid choice, and they handled the Clown pretty well.

    But it's only been a few hours. Most people are still at work. ( :( ) If she is as weak as people claim, she will probably get the same Clown treatment and be buffed a bit.

    While it is far too early to say she is over or under powered, I think most of the comments given have not been over the top or knee jerk, like we usually get. While there have been a few "the world is ending" posts, most have been intelligent and insightful. I do agree though, we need more time to truly assess the Spirit's abilities. I just do not care for how people just write off the early commentary, esp by several experienced players (this goes for both sides).

  • Feedback posts are one thing but so many are simply crying about the patch notes without even trying the PTB and just jumping on a bandwagon.

    I personally cant try the PTB yet as when installing it the game decided to delete itself lol, reinstalling and then ill try again but in the mean time i'm watching some streams and nothing so far seems OP or UP them and nothing really seems to have changed too much, the main thing I want to see for myself are the window changes on the large loops, hopefully the BL change and these work out well.

    Its a PTB after all, its there for us to test it out and give constructive feedback and opinions on the new chapter and changes.

  • @Orion said:

    @Visionmaker said:

    @ZombieGenesis said:
    Sorry, too many threads were people were discussing things calmly and expressing concerns and then suddenly a wild survivor main crying "STOP BITCHING! GAWD!" People are allowed to engage in debate..unless you're a killer main. I forgot. Then no matter what you're doing you're whining or crying. That's what's ridiculous. I've seen several well thought out posts just shutdown or invaded by survivors who add nothing to the conversation but name calling and insults. Were some people just whining? Sure but not everyone was but they were still attacked by survivor mains and just outright DISMISSED by devs.

    Sorry but to me that's what's ridiculous.

    1 hr in: "KILLER IS OP"
    Killer mains: Stop with the kneejerk reactions!

    1 hr in: "KILLER IS UNDERPOWERED"
    Killer mains: We are expressing intelligent opinions!

    I will say, in their defense, that they're usually better at determining whether or not something is going to be OP than Survivors are. Remember the Nightmare nerf?

    I remember "killer mains" complaing about No Mither (No Mither ffs!) when it was leaked, so they're kinda even.

  • Freddy anyone? No? Ok then...
  • @White_Owl said:

    @Orion said:

    @Visionmaker said:

    @ZombieGenesis said:
    Sorry, too many threads were people were discussing things calmly and expressing concerns and then suddenly a wild survivor main crying "STOP BITCHING! GAWD!" People are allowed to engage in debate..unless you're a killer main. I forgot. Then no matter what you're doing you're whining or crying. That's what's ridiculous. I've seen several well thought out posts just shutdown or invaded by survivors who add nothing to the conversation but name calling and insults. Were some people just whining? Sure but not everyone was but they were still attacked by survivor mains and just outright DISMISSED by devs.

    Sorry but to me that's what's ridiculous.

    1 hr in: "KILLER IS OP"
    Killer mains: Stop with the kneejerk reactions!

    1 hr in: "KILLER IS UNDERPOWERED"
    Killer mains: We are expressing intelligent opinions!

    I will say, in their defense, that they're usually better at determining whether or not something is going to be OP than Survivors are. Remember the Nightmare nerf?

    I remember "killer mains" complaing about No Mither (No Mither ffs!) when it was leaked, so they're kinda even.

    I remember Survivors complaining about Thanatophobia and Ruin. It happened just last week. I also remember I wrote "usually". Killer mains are still human, and therefore prone to error.

  • Tsulan said:
    Freddy anyone? No? Ok then...
    I tried to point that out but was told it was different because it was the survivors whining? Idk I didn't see their argument 
  • @Orion said:

    @White_Owl said:

    @Orion said:

    @Visionmaker said:

    @ZombieGenesis said:
    Sorry, too many threads were people were discussing things calmly and expressing concerns and then suddenly a wild survivor main crying "STOP BITCHING! GAWD!" People are allowed to engage in debate..unless you're a killer main. I forgot. Then no matter what you're doing you're whining or crying. That's what's ridiculous. I've seen several well thought out posts just shutdown or invaded by survivors who add nothing to the conversation but name calling and insults. Were some people just whining? Sure but not everyone was but they were still attacked by survivor mains and just outright DISMISSED by devs.

    Sorry but to me that's what's ridiculous.

    1 hr in: "KILLER IS OP"
    Killer mains: Stop with the kneejerk reactions!

    1 hr in: "KILLER IS UNDERPOWERED"
    Killer mains: We are expressing intelligent opinions!

    I will say, in their defense, that they're usually better at determining whether or not something is going to be OP than Survivors are. Remember the Nightmare nerf?

    I remember "killer mains" complaing about No Mither (No Mither ffs!) when it was leaked, so they're kinda even.

    I remember Survivors complaining about Thanatophobia and Ruin. It happened just last week. I also remember I wrote "usually". Killer mains are still human, and therefore prone to error.

    I said they're even in fact. We are all people, maining one side doesn't make anyone more or less whiny then the others.

  • @White_Owl said:

    @Orion said:

    @White_Owl said:

    @Orion said:

    @Visionmaker said:

    @ZombieGenesis said:
    Sorry, too many threads were people were discussing things calmly and expressing concerns and then suddenly a wild survivor main crying "STOP BITCHING! GAWD!" People are allowed to engage in debate..unless you're a killer main. I forgot. Then no matter what you're doing you're whining or crying. That's what's ridiculous. I've seen several well thought out posts just shutdown or invaded by survivors who add nothing to the conversation but name calling and insults. Were some people just whining? Sure but not everyone was but they were still attacked by survivor mains and just outright DISMISSED by devs.

    Sorry but to me that's what's ridiculous.

    1 hr in: "KILLER IS OP"
    Killer mains: Stop with the kneejerk reactions!

    1 hr in: "KILLER IS UNDERPOWERED"
    Killer mains: We are expressing intelligent opinions!

    I will say, in their defense, that they're usually better at determining whether or not something is going to be OP than Survivors are. Remember the Nightmare nerf?

    I remember "killer mains" complaing about No Mither (No Mither ffs!) when it was leaked, so they're kinda even.

    I remember Survivors complaining about Thanatophobia and Ruin. It happened just last week. I also remember I wrote "usually". Killer mains are still human, and therefore prone to error.

    I said they're even in fact. We are all people, maining one side doesn't make anyone more or less whiny then the others.

    Obviously both sides are prone to error. I'm just saying, in my experience, Killers seem better able to discern whether something is good or bad from its description alone, relative to Survivors.

  • @Orion said:

    @White_Owl said:

    @Orion said:

    @White_Owl said:

    @Orion said:

    @Visionmaker said:

    @ZombieGenesis said:
    Sorry, too many threads were people were discussing things calmly and expressing concerns and then suddenly a wild survivor main crying "STOP BITCHING! GAWD!" People are allowed to engage in debate..unless you're a killer main. I forgot. Then no matter what you're doing you're whining or crying. That's what's ridiculous. I've seen several well thought out posts just shutdown or invaded by survivors who add nothing to the conversation but name calling and insults. Were some people just whining? Sure but not everyone was but they were still attacked by survivor mains and just outright DISMISSED by devs.

    Sorry but to me that's what's ridiculous.

    1 hr in: "KILLER IS OP"
    Killer mains: Stop with the kneejerk reactions!

    1 hr in: "KILLER IS UNDERPOWERED"
    Killer mains: We are expressing intelligent opinions!

    I will say, in their defense, that they're usually better at determining whether or not something is going to be OP than Survivors are. Remember the Nightmare nerf?

    I remember "killer mains" complaing about No Mither (No Mither ffs!) when it was leaked, so they're kinda even.

    I remember Survivors complaining about Thanatophobia and Ruin. It happened just last week. I also remember I wrote "usually". Killer mains are still human, and therefore prone to error.

    I said they're even in fact. We are all people, maining one side doesn't make anyone more or less whiny then the others.

    Obviously both sides are prone to error. I'm just saying, in my experience, Killers seem better able to discern whether something is good or bad from its description alone, relative to Survivors.

    In any case in my the OP I'm not pointing to one side in particular, as someone before made it look like.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @ZombieGenesis said:

    @Orion said:
    Obviously both sides are prone to error. I'm just saying, in my experience, Killers seem better able to discern whether something is good or bad from its description alone, relative to Survivors.

    I think this is largely because of how survivors are conditioned. One could argue that they have the 3 most powerful perks in the game, especially when used in conjunction, and all other perks are compared to those. Which is not a fair comparison. Where as killers, by and large, are used to being handed mediocre powers and perks so when they compare them they are on a bit more even keel.

    I have a different idea, but I'd rather not be banned.

  • Its a clear and obvious observation though.

    You cannot possibly take a good look at the killers ability and say that its a good ability.

    It needs to be charged, and has a time limit, to do what exactly? Turn invisible with 0 heartbeat, for a certain amount of time, during which you cannot see the survivors, and have full collision of walls, survivors, and pallets. Similar to the Wraith, only difference being that the invisibility is full (Like Freddy), but the only actions you can take are to cancel/attack, but Wraith can do actions out of his invisibility, while not complete invisibility has an unlimited duration.

    There are some things that are just bad and this, as sad as it is to say is just plan awful.

    I don't want it to be, I am sure no one wants it to be, but that is just the reality. You can pull the "It's early, just wait or it has a different play style card" all you want, but it doesn't take a skilled pair of eyes to see that it is just bad. Nothing about it is viable in the slightest, it was meant to be a "fun" killer for not only the person playing, but the survivor.

    A kind if jump scary cliche Japanese horror spirit monster.

    That is all I have to say.

  • This content has been removed.
  • The only annoying thing I find is people comparing the Spirit with Freddy. I mean, sure, invisible lel, but his powers have nothing to do with hers. If anything, she is a combination of Wraith/Pig and a reverse Hag with Scarred Hand.
  • This content has been removed.
  • You know how you know it's a mediocre ability? There are no survivors screaming that the killer is OP. We're going on, what, 6 hours of PTB now and already survivors are figuring out how to avoid this power. As it is it's just not very good. I don't think it would take much to make it good but, as it is right now, it's just not.

    This. A thousand times this. Having the counter figured out so quickly and needing to spend even more time then that to find practical usage is not the definition of a good power. Just watching Twitch streamers play and I can't help but think that The Spirit isn't doing a whole lot more than The Wraith can do.

    Now, will I play her and have fun? Probably. However, I don't appreciate being mocked by Survivors because they know I can't do anything to them.
  • @Tzeentchling9 said:
    ZombieGenesis said:

    You know how you know it's a mediocre ability? There are no survivors screaming that the killer is OP. We're going on, what, 6 hours of PTB now and already survivors are figuring out how to avoid this power. As it is it's just not very good. I don't think it would take much to make it good but, as it is right now, it's just not.

    This. A thousand times this. Having the counter figured out so quickly and needing to spend even more time then that to find practical usage is not the definition of a good power. Just watching Twitch streamers play and I can't help but think that The Spirit isn't doing a whole lot more than The Wraith can do.

    Now, will I play her and have fun? Probably. However, I don't appreciate being mocked by Survivors because they know I can't do anything to them.

    Never considered that people still have to figure out how to play her? The Nurse in the hands of a noob would get rekt by any survivor for the simple fact that survivors know how to use their characters but that doesn't mean she's bad (on the contrary). There's an experience gap between the two roles. That's why people should get experience with the Spirit before giving judgements.

  • Yes but Nurse and her is different, she can't go through walls and windows, meaning survivors can counter her by going in windows/ buildings and her power becomes useless.

    a 20 seconds charge time that required you to fill up before you can use it again, it's too long

    As someone who plays Nurse I just need to blink and i will get a hit, this killer believe it or not even if you are invisible survivor can still hear you, meaning they can still drop the pellet on you, it's proven on Tru's stream if you watched. some survivors already figured out how to counter her

  • This content has been removed.
  • @Someissues said:
    Yes but Nurse and her is different

    I never said they're similar. My point is that without practice the most powerful killer in the game is #########, why you guys think that you should be good on the new killer at first try? Maybe with practice she proves to be on Hillbilly/Nurse level but you'll never know if you just label her as a bad killer.

  • This content has been removed.