Maybe I missed the announcement, but I just discovered that:

Hatch spawn now seems to work the same way as on mobile! (I see this as a good thing btw).

So if you don’t play on mobile, here’s the low-down:

  • 5 gens reman: no hatch
  • 4 gens remain: no hatch
  • 3 gens remain: no hatch
  • 2 gens and 2 survivors remain: hatch
  • 1 gen and 3 survivors remain: hatch
  • 0 gens remain, regardless of survivors left in trial: hatch.

So I was recently playing on console. Up until now I figured it still spawned at 3 gens left. My teammates were all having a basement party with the Trapper, so I just stayed back and worked gens. A teammate died and the other 2 were still swapping hooks. I popped the 4th gen and then the hatch spawned right next to me! I realized at that moment that this satisfied the “1 gen and 3 survivors remain” requirement!

Has this been announced or can anybody else confirm from their experiences?

Comments

  • The hatch has always spawned when the number of repaired generators exceeded the number of remaining survivors by one. More recently (but still quite a while ago), they changed it so it will always spawn and open for the last remaining survivor, regardless of the number of repaired generators.

  • This is how Hatch used to work before the endgame collapse change

    The rule was you always have to complete one more gen then however many survivors are remaining in the match.

    This meant for the hatch to spawn for last survivor they had to be 2 gens completed

    If there were 2 survivors you had to do 3 generators


    3 survivors you had to do 4 generators


    Lastly for 4 survivors every generator had to be completed

  • As Orion said, the hatch has always worked that way as far as I'm aware. It was around when EGC was introduced that they changed it so the hatch always spawns when 1 survivor is left and that it can be closed and what not.

  • Oh, well that’s embarrassing! I guess I’ve just never known until now because on mobile you actually get a message when the hatch spawns. It just always seemed to me that it spawned at 3 gens. Learn something new every day I guess!