The 2 next maps that need reworks in my opinion.
Hello, since the developers are reworking maps, I think there are 2 absolutely trash maps in the game that need complete reworks. The #1 worst map in my opinion is Haddonfield, the fences are absolutely terrible, as they are too long and the windows make it worse. The windows on the house are pretty overpowered for the survivors and the generators are very hard to pressure. That's why it's bad for killers and more survivor sided. Also I don't think the exit gates on Haddonfield should be so damn close to each other, it makes it very hard for the survivor to open a gate. #2 would be Ormond, this has became almost everybody's DC map recently, and whilst I don't DC, it's very frustrating. First of all, the map is huge and makes trapper and hag games absolute nightmares, besides a few key spots. Aesthetically the devs did a stellar job on the map, but it is very strong for survivors, to an unfair extent. The scratch marks are terrible to track, as the map is extremely hazy. Last thing is that the tiles are absolutely terrible and there are way too many places to loop the killer, and there are pretty much 3 god pallets on this map and the totems are always out in the open. These are my opinions on the maps that need the rework treatment.
Comments
Yes I'd like those maps addressed next.
I hope those huge maps can be brought down more as well, some still feel massive.
Dead Dawg Saloon... That deserves one too. Sucks for both sides.
Absolutely, the wall destroying mechanic is pretty useless on the shack and other locations.
Actually shack is pretty weak with a shorter loop (done by the breakable wall). The saloon is the only strong loop in the map and it can be nerfed if the killer breaks a pallet or two.
Overall, saloon is very killer sided.
I am pretty divided on it now, I think I need more time with it.
The one in need of rework is corn.
F corn.
Eh, I don't find it as bad as everyone else, since I find scratchmarks and grunts of pain to help me track people in corn, but I see why people hate corn.
It needs it solely for the fact that 80% or more of the map is corn. That's lazy design and also just boring as hell.
I actually like rotten fields, because of the lack of loops, but it is very lazy. Sanctum of wrath is a pretty lazy map as well.
Thing is, there is not really a reason why Shack should be made weaker. Shack is playable as Killer, so there is not really a need for a Breakable Wall.
The Saloon on the other hand is pure Bullshit. It is simply wrong that the first thing I have to do when I end up on this Map as Killer is to go to the Saloon to break some Walls.
@Topic:
For me, The Game should be reworked. This Map has insanely boring gameplay by pressing W around safe Pallets. For both sides. There needs to be some variation, more Windows for example.
Coldwind.
Painful to play on for both Killer and Survivor.
Yamaoka.
Makes it near impossible to see anything unless you are a hawk.
I think these need reworks first.
I agree. Shack should not have a breakable wall.
And saloon does have too many walls that need breaking. What needs to happen is remove some of those saloon walls and add some strong loops throughout the map like a jungle gym or two.
Shelter Woods: Big, empty, open map with nothing special about it. It's boring as Survivor, boring as Killer. (and no the tree isn't special because it literally just exists to be a massive dead zone, it does nothing)
Cornland (aka: Rotten Fields): same reason as Shelter Woods, at least it has Harvesters and Pig Tree instead of just generic jungle gyms.
Shelter woods is so outdated, there should be another basement spawn as well.
I agree with both maps, but I'd throw in Disturbed Ward. The central building is so strong with so many safe pallets and windows, and cause it's the central building it isn't exactly hard to get to it once a chase starts unless you're by one of the really far away corners.
Rotten Fields. It's just so boring! A wide open space with a hut in the middle and some crap on the outskirts. Just needs to be so much more interesting!