Killers, do you base anything on survivor outfits?

I have heard of a lot of biases towards certain outfits, some I’ve seen in action as well. Newest example is experimenting with a brightly clothed Meg with a flashlight which I have no clue how to use correctly. Whenever a killer sees me and someone else they chase them, I’ve had killers give up chases with me as soon as I reached any loop. This seems to play into the idea that “good loopers,” want your attention and bad ones dress dark and hide.

I also see some killers focus and tunnel any new outfits the day they are released. Bunny feng hate lasted about a week from what I observed.

Anythjng else you do? Have you experienced anything like this? Is it all in my head?

Comments

  • Definitely. Playing as P3 Nea or Quentin usually elicits a sweet mid loading screen DC, a lovely Mori, or a hearty facecamp.

    Not all the time of course, and I do experience my share of the above as Default Dwight, Quentin, or Nea; but it does tend to happen more the more "ToX1c" I'm dressed.

  • idk somehow I expect more from ppl using default cosmetics then paid ones lol

  • Yes.

    image.png

    Interesting to see how it works for DBD. The killer is kinda a predictor and the survivors are the prey. All similar to animals. So the pattern of the survivors' camouflage is the same.

  • thats the reason why lots of good survivors started ressing as baby survivors. because lets be realistic you see a baby dwight and a dwight p3 for wich one would you go if u wanted an easier chase?. its obvious. but the skin by itself says nothing but is a teltale wich usually has solid foundation.

  • This is kinda why I like playing as David when I'm feeling bad and Claudette (or Kate or Feng or Jane) when I'm not. As shirtless David, people wanna chase you less. Playing Blendette killers assume you'll be awful in chases then you can surprise them with knowing you shouldn't camp pallets or self care in a corner.