i quit, and you should too

the killer experience at rank one is stressful at its best and just dreadful at its worst. I have heard many killer main streamers/youtubers complain of the same fact. Its just not worth sweating your ass off ever game just to have a chance and im done with it.


I have lost all hope that these devs have any clue how to fix their game and im sick of SWF groups roaming around in a game that was clearly balanced around solo que. I was looking forward to the balancing map changes and im saddened to see that only the most obvious of issues was even looked at. This leads me to think that the balance team of DBD plays and balances around what feels right for low skill solo players. Ruin was nerfed into oblivion entirely because new players understandably couldn't hit that skillcheck, so the devs removed it. Even though at high ranks it only gave the killer a sliver of respite from gens flying. Pretty good job so far.


DBD is a great idea, ruined by incompetence. And I don't think its going to get better anymore. Anyone in a similar situation to me and is fed up with this nonsense, go play Escape from Tarkov. Its a game that can crank the intensity to 11 like dbd, but made by devs who actually care.

Comments

  • @Bmj2 said:

    How about you stop crying and just quit the game without telling everyone that they should quit too ?

    No one actually cares about you quitting or sweating against a SWF party.

    When Im playing survivor I only do it with 3 of my friends all the time and we all have a great time stomping baby killers; I actually feed on their salty tears at the end of the match when they cry about swf and it makes my day better.

    Also Surviving with friends is a decent response to alot of the many annoying killer mechanics that exist in this game and alot of killers abuse them such as: Ebony Mori, Face camping, Tunneling, playing Doctor, playing Freddy, Noed and so many more.

    Why would you go out of your way to stomp someone who was new? wouldn't you want a match against an experienced killer or do you mean baby in the sore loser sense. Or is that experienced killers stomp you and this is how you compensate. I'm not trying to salty I'm just trying to understand the second half of your comment.

    It says for him to stop crying and why tell everyone about it and I agree with the latter. But then goes on to kinda confirm his concerns by saying you play that way because you enjoy griefing new players, thus validating the very point of his you are arguing against. Strikes me as odd.

  • You're complaining about having to try at a game? It's not like this game is easy. The whole point of being at red ranks is that you HAVE to sweat to stay ahead, thats the fun part, Trying so that you can take pride in the fact that you are doing well. Just wait for rank reset or go play some other game like you said if you want to be treated like a 5 year old. Nobody will miss you.

  • @FearedbytheGods said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/160520/i-quit-and-you-should-too

    The epitome of killer entitlement right here. Take a photo.

    He's kinda right. I could definitely see his point. Just today I tried playing Ghostie and got 0 kills. The second game the gates were open, I knocked two, but I got bodyblocked so one got away and the I knew the other had DS but they were crawling to the gate so I had no choice so I picked her up and sure enough she had it so they all got away. Again. I've never been more viscerally frustrated by a recreation than playing this game- and the easy fixes that would prevent frustration could easily be arranged just by taking DS out and punishing bodyblocking. Aggressive survivors killed the game.

  • @Papayarng said:

    You're complaining about having to try at a game? It's not like this game is easy. The whole point of being at red ranks is that you HAVE to sweat to stay ahead, thats the fun part, Trying so that you can take pride in the fact that you are doing well. Just wait for rank reset or go play some other game like you said if you want to be treated like a 5 year old. Nobody will miss you.

    The people bashing me saying red ranks are supposed to be sweaty should really work out their differences with the people saying killer at red ranks is too easy, it makes you all look stupid and kind of proves my point.


    The fact is that the game is unbalanced and buggy, the only viable defense i see here is that "bUt iTs sUppoSed to Be UnbAlaNceD! dOnT TakE iT SeRioUslY" which is fine if thats your mindset. I think the game doesnt respect your time and that is a major red flag, and my post only serves to steer people toward a similar experience that respects your time. If your time isnt worth much to you then thats your prerogative. The amount of fragility on display when your favorite game gets negatively compared to another is very telling guys.


    For me to come into what should be an echo chamber of support of this game, i did get a surprising amount of agreement in the comments. Just try to keep the perspective that all the people who agree with me and quit the game, likely arent here to say anything because they moved onto better games. Your echo chamber can keep the delusions and denial alive only in this small area. Have fun in it if you want but dont hate just because Im showing some people an alternative.

  • The people bashing me saying red ranks are supposed to be sweaty should really work out their differences with the people saying killer at red ranks is too easy, it makes you all look stupid and kind of proves my point.


    The fact is that the game is unbalanced and buggy, the only viable defense i see here is that "bUt iTs sUppoSed to Be UnbAlaNceD! dOnT TakE iT SeRioUslY" which is fine if thats your mindset. I think the game doesnt respect your time and that is a major red flag, and my post only serves to steer people toward a similar experience that respects your time. If your time isnt worth much to you then thats your prerogative. The amount of fragility on display when your favorite game gets negatively compared to another is very telling guys.


    For me to come into what should be an echo chamber of support of this game, i did get a surprising amount of agreement in the comments. Just try to keep the perspective that all the people who agree with me and quit the game, likely arent here to say anything because they moved onto better games. Your echo chamber can keep the delusions and denial alive only in this small area. Have fun in it if you want but dont hate just because Im showing some people an alternative.

  • killer is harder then should be sweating just to get 1 or 2 kill not fun.

    keep saying quit stop posting but it but they will i been told in end game chat to unstall the game because i did so bad as kill even tho survivor very easy.

    so maybe in the end we all will quit and unstall the game game will die that make people happy? becaue i'm still told to unstall the game in the end game chat that survivor goal make people quit/unstall?

  • Yawwwwwn with that level of entitlement you belong with the survivors. ######### back off to your moms basement.

  • @NitpickDropkick said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1380633#Comment_1380633

    The people bashing me saying red ranks are supposed to be sweaty should really work out their differences with the people saying killer at red ranks is too easy, it makes you all look stupid and kind of proves my point.

    The fact is that the game is unbalanced and buggy, the only viable defense i see here is that "bUt iTs sUppoSed to Be UnbAlaNceD! dOnT TakE iT SeRioUslY" which is fine if thats your mindset. I think the game doesnt respect your time and that is a major red flag, and my post only serves to steer people toward a similar experience that respects your time. If your time isnt worth much to you then thats your prerogative. The amount of fragility on display when your favorite game gets negatively compared to another is very telling guys.

    For me to come into what should be an echo chamber of support of this game, i did get a surprising amount of agreement in the comments. Just try to keep the perspective that all the people who agree with me and quit the game, likely arent here to say anything because they moved onto better games. Your echo chamber can keep the delusions and denial alive only in this small area. Have fun in it if you want but dont hate just because Im showing some people an alternative.

    work out our differences? Its almost like we are different people, who have different expieriences in the game and are at different skill levels, and find different things fun.

    but your right, everyone should just merge into a hive mind and be one unanamous robot

  • @NitpickDropkick said:

    the killer experience at rank one is stressful at its best and just dreadful at its worst. I have heard many killer main streamers/youtubers complain of the same fact. Its just not worth sweating your ass off ever game just to have a chance and im done with it.

    I have lost all hope that these devs have any clue how to fix their game and im sick of SWF groups roaming around in a game that was clearly balanced around solo que. I was looking forward to the balancing map changes and im saddened to see that only the most obvious of issues was even looked at. This leads me to think that the balance team of DBD plays and balances around what feels right for low skill solo players. Ruin was nerfed into oblivion entirely because new players understandably couldn't hit that skillcheck, so the devs removed it. Even though at high ranks it only gave the killer a sliver of respite from gens flying. Pretty good job so far.

    DBD is a great idea, ruined by incompetence. And I don't think its going to get better anymore. Anyone in a similar situation to me and is fed up with this nonsense, go play Escape from Tarkov. Its a game that can crank the intensity to 11 like dbd, but made by devs who actually care.

    Behaviour made a love letter to the horror genre. I've played other online games but sadly I'm forcing myself to enjoy them and they just put Pyramid Head in,Let's talk about this in another 4 year's

  • ** ATTENTION SEEKING ALERT **

  • @NekoGamerX said:

    killer is harder then should be sweating just to get 1 or 2 kill not fun.

    keep saying quit stop posting but it but they will i been told in end game chat to unstall the game because i did so bad as kill even tho survivor very easy.

    so maybe in the end we all will quit and unstall the game game will die that make people happy? becaue i'm still told to unstall the game in the end game chat that survivor goal make people quit/unstall?

    Were you told to unstall the game by any chance. Got a feeling that you May be hinting this

  • @NitpickDropkick said:

    the killer experience at rank one is stressful at its best and just dreadful at its worst. I have heard many killer main streamers/youtubers complain of the same fact. Its just not worth sweating your ass off ever game just to have a chance and im done with it.

    I have lost all hope that these devs have any clue how to fix their game and im sick of SWF groups roaming around in a game that was clearly balanced around solo que. I was looking forward to the balancing map changes and im saddened to see that only the most obvious of issues was even looked at. This leads me to think that the balance team of DBD plays and balances around what feels right for low skill solo players. Ruin was nerfed into oblivion entirely because new players understandably couldn't hit that skillcheck, so the devs removed it. Even though at high ranks it only gave the killer a sliver of respite from gens flying. Pretty good job so far.

    DBD is a great idea, ruined by incompetence. And I don't think its going to get better anymore. Anyone in a similar situation to me and is fed up with this nonsense, go play Escape from Tarkov. Its a game that can crank the intensity to 11 like dbd, but made by devs who actually care.

    Tbh I feel your pain, but I can’t play the game because my ps plus expired. Don’t have a good pc either so yeah pc is out of the question. And here’s the thing DBD is the only mp I play anymore.. and yes it’s frustrating and I have taken breaks but I just keep coming back. It’s just that addicting honestly. I’m a killer main at heart. Man just do your best that’s all you can do. I rather play DBD than any other horror game like F13 or that game you mentioned. It’s also okay that I can’t play because I love single player games, I got Resident Evil, Last of us, evil within, etc. to keep me preoccupied.

  • Have fun in Escape from Tarkov mate! I'm pretty new to the game and I am enjoying it a ton. Obviously killer is very hard at the moment but if you play it right then it is very possible to win. It's a bit obvious that the rank has nothing to do with skill and is a bit hit and miss in the red ranks which may be to do with why it is so hard for you.

  • Bye, don’t let the escape gate hit you on your way out. ❤️

  • @Frareid88 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1394727#Comment_1394727

    Were you told to unstall the game by any chance. Got a feeling that you May be hinting this

    Hinting at what we get i'm quiting thread all the time but i do feel both side try make the game as bad they can to maybe they will quit.

    this game sucks when come to new players.

  • After 850~ hours I was eager to quit the game and never get back, it became boring for me. But... I realised that there is such a good killer named Billy. Now I learn to play him, and you know what? All the problems have gone, a dark cloud disappeared, the sun is shining brighter than ever!

    ONLY FOR NOW: PLAY BILLY AND YOU WILL SEE THAT LIFE IS WONDERFUL, 99.9 MOUSE SENSITIVITY AND HE IS YOURS!

    -

    -

    -

    -

    -

    -

    -

    -

    -

    (warning: may be addictive, use on your own risk)

1 2 ›