Let's put together some of the most popular proposals... from some killers:
1 - remove the hatch
2 - nerf ds, sc
3 - nerf looping
4 - make other killers as powerful as (or close to) the nurse.
5 - make gens to take longer to repair (or gather pieces to repair them)
6 - remove SWF
Don't you see a big flaw if all of these ideas became real?
I personally find it funny when someone asks for all this and yet makes fun of survivors by saying they want ez matches.
PS: feel free to add more of these suggestions if you think they have been proposed often.
Disclaimer: i've already said that swf needs a especial treatment and some small tweaks would be needed in the game.
Comments
Yes and for the survivor make no sound (at least) until you are at the window and you try to vault it too (so that you are "Bamboozled" by the fact that it is blocked).
and no sounds or even spikes until you try (and fail ) to vault the window.
What i get from this is this is simply a matter of principles.
You can describe the "art of trolling" (lul) as much as you want, it doesn't make it a good thing for me, and still hate it.
What is particular to this game is the fact that the devs have cattered to this troll majority, for the majority of the game lifespan, and only STARTED to fight it recently.
In an healthy game and community , disgusting peoples like OchiPedo would have NEVER been so popular.
And his hardcore fanbase is not better than him, i affirm this without shame.
Hate me all you want for this, but of course never question yourself for defending these kind of peoples.
So when you see numerous serious feedback thread being plagued by those kind of "lighthearted joke xP ", knowing that the devs will certainly LISTEN to this kind of trollish answer, it's just a normal thing to do to not let them destroy the game even more.
Devs have made a lot of money on this toxicity.
Principles again, but for me, hunger should not justify the means.
They solded their souls to the toxic survivors mass, and are trying to get it back lately.
I'll respond later but there's a lot wrong here, especially with your assumptions. I don't like Ochido for one nor his followers. There's pther things but I'll add those in later.
It's not that bad dude, now am playing mainly survivor, but i got rank 1 killer with wraith before any kind of buffs or reworks, so trust me, it's not that bad.
Last messages were about killers by killer mains and i was the one hosting them, and i absolutely don't mind!! I let them talk (because why not? It looked like they were having a nice talk between them) while i was typing somewhere else, but i guess that for some people we are trolls no matter what we do, oh, and ochido fans of course. Gotta admit that the Ochido thing triggered me xD.
I don't know you, how is it relevant to what i say ?
You could, since the majority of survivors i face ingame are wannabe Ochidolings or are acting that way without even knowing him.
Because the game allow them to.
And like with childrens, spoonfeeding a part of the community while ignoring the other create entitlements and toxicity.
Logical.
Sorry mate, but you are only making it worse for yourself.
I played survivor once... suddenly I felt a compulsion to subscribe to Ochido.
(Seriously though, it's amazing how ######### up he is.)
On this line: they made money (I don't know if it's a lot) on making a great game. As they should. And what you call toxicity is incredibly easy to shrug off.
I don't mean to be mean, but I can't help wondering: all the people who complain about toxicity and being bullied IN A GAME... what do you guys do in a RL conflict? I mean, someone starts throwing insults at you at a bar? Report them to... whom, the bartender? Someone says nasty things to your girlfriend? If you had some idea how REAL bullying or REAL violence works, you would not give a damn about "toxic" players in a virtual environment. I know I sound like some old dustfart (which I am) but the X/Y generation is so weak... it's worrying me. Just learn how to punch someone in the face or how it feels to be punched in the face, and you won't give a toss about "bullying" in a game.
And here you go with the strawman argument.
I simply said that in an healthy community and game, streamer like Ochido would never have been so popular.
Don't tell me that he hasn't plagued the community for a long time, and left a mark on it.
That this game isn't an imbalanced toxic mess.
Good step are sometime made in the right direction, but it take long.
But no, when "reading" that you all lose your mind and jump on argument like this :
Not gonna lose more time on a sterile school yard argument.
Like i said, no matter where you go, this game's forum remains the same.
Question.
If you find these forums so toxic, why even bother commentating on them?
I don't get bullied IRL.
And no one will come and told me to kill myself in a regular basis, especially without facing consequences.
If someone do whatever you have enumerate, i perfectly know what to do and will not go into detail on how since it will be used against me sooner or later as an "argument" (lul).
I'm a an adult, who now how to defend himself, thank you for your "concern".
I just don't like bathing in my own "dirt" and enjoy toxic behavior in general.
Even less in a supposed adult rated game that i paid and love.
There is always toxicity and there will always be.
But games usualy try to minimize it, and no endorse it like it was the case.
Also this generation X/Y you are talking about also tend to reverse values and glorify bad behaviors on the web.
Not everyone of course, but there is a trend since a long time now.
Coincidence ?
To fight the said toxicity.
Not letting peoples spewing lies and non-sense to keep the game unbalanced (worked well for them sadly)
To try to not get another Freddy's fiasco.
I know that there are other Veteran down here WAY BETTER than me at this, but hey, i can still try to help.
You cannot be serious....
That's sad. I'm fighting toxicity.
I can't even laugh at that it's so depressing.
You have my condolences buddy.
Or i can rephrase it that way if you prefer :
"I don't let some child (to stay polite) behave without them facing opposition"
If you enjoy the game as it is, nothing i can do for you, it's a matter of values at this point.
What is wrong with fighting toxicity? i think thats great personally.
"Some peoples just want to watch the world burn"
)
Let me just say I didn't mean some poorly concealed insult by implying that you're one of them mindless youngsters. Sorry if this is how it came through.
I just don't get it why is so called "toxic" behaviour is such a big deal, either in games or social media, etc. What's the worse that could happen there? Bad words? Teabagging? Flashlight spamming at the exit gate? Such trifles. I'm not saying it's a good thing, but seems so insignificant. I just wish people, young and adult alike learned how to return insults with more something more painful, verbally or otherwise. Principles like "don't feed the troll" or "be nice to each other" just don't work.
The thing that i have learned in my life is that ignoring the insulter( their insults more precisely) or not resorting to insulting them back but being calm and serene makes not only you "morally" win if you want but it really grinds the gears of the insulters ( and i dont give a single ######### against rude or similar people from that point onwards too) And it works wonders . Much better than punching them back or insulting them.
Social Justice Warriors.
They typically have a habit to push agendas against things they perceive as toxic.
For example - Feminist and Toxic Masculinity
Men's Right Activist and Toxic Femininity.
Both sides off the same coin that keep pushing #########, calling each other toxic. Just nothing but fights.
Trust me when I say I'm talking from experience here. If you dedicate your time on the forum just to fight whatever you perceive as toxic, it quickly becomes a slippery slope.
For me is that the person behind the toxic act is a coward and the act itself that ruins my day. They would not do that to me in real life i can 100% guarantee it.
Heh. Most of the peps in the forum are a bit toxic at some point in time anyways I remember the times i facecamped survivors for one( the real face camp by the way)
Thats the extremist part of the equation only.
Extremism is always bad.
The good ones want both to be equal for one.
And i want people to not insult others in the forums for two . Thats one of the reasons i am as polite as possible . To fight it you know.
There's nothing wrong with fighting toxicity, but two wrongs don't make a right. Using terms like "Scrubvivor" doesn't add anything to a discussion, makes his points seem less valid, and starts flame wars instead of rational debate on topics.
Looking at a number of his posts, he tends to fuel it instead of fight it.
That's the thing.
You can't really fight it. If you do, you risk becoming toxic trying to fight toxicity.
There's a saying I live by; 'the road to hell is paved with good intentions.'
Basically means while a persons intentions may be good, they may fail to commit to good actions they originally intended.
No problem, sorry too for sounding harsh.
I think i don't need to explain to you where the toxicity is coming from.
The addition of multiple flaws in-game coupled with the after-game toxicity, glorified by multiple streamers, endorsed by the devs.
The list goes on, and wouldn't even had took this proportion if the devs had integrated back then a decent report system.
I get what you explained, but as much as you can't tell to everyone "be nice to each other" you realisticaly can't ask everyone to be enought strong/having repartee to face everyone or everything by themselve.
Evolution isn't something defined, it don't care what is good or bad (relative, i know) or if it go to the disaster or not.
We are enought smart to not let things rots on place, and to at least try to mitigate and direct it for the better.
Only with time, of course.
And it can be applyed to everything.
@Mc_Harty so answering to shits like "KiLleR OnLy WHaNt FrEe 4K" is being a SJW ?
And this comparison ?
Thanks for the laugh.
@Giche
Strange in order to fight toxicity you end up being part of it.
Ironic really.
Lol at this point weÍ're positively offing the hell out of this thread. @Vietfox just say the word and I'll shut up :chuffed:
It's just a topic close to my heart
"We got the hero we deserve" i guess
/s
But you're not totally wrong i'll give you that.
That affected me in a way or another with the time.
You'll never see me starting a flame thread or trolling people for the sake of it tho.
EDIT: ^^^^^^^Also yes @George_Soros you're right. I'm out.
Does that mean you are finished? Or should i go for more popcorn?
Buff Leatherface. He's too addon dependent.