Perk-Mimicking Add-Ons

Recently, I thought about how, since her add-ons were reworked, the Nurse has two add-ons that basically work like her Teachable Perks (The Metal Spoon / Stridor and Bad Man Keepsake / A Nurse's Calling). What do you think of other Killers having similar, Teachable-mimicking add-ons?

For example, Leatherface's Chainsaw makes Survivors drop their items, Survivors become Exhausted while ripping apart Demogorgon portals, or putting a Hag trap down within close proximity to a Generator makes it regress?

Obviously this would be easier for some Killers than others, like I'm not sure how to factor Tinkerer to a Chainsaw hit, other than maybe offer Undectable status for one? Or get an indicator of the closest-to-completion generator on a Chainsaw Hit. Or for X seconds after a Chainsaw hit you're more resistant to flashlights.

Would it be worth considering such character-specific addons for Survivors, or would that be too much, even if it worked for Killer? Like a generator being completed shows objects the map has tracked without using Map charges, or a MedKit addon that lets Bill pick himself up? Or one that causes David to become broken, but temporarily hides his blood and muffles his sound. A key addon for Claudette that lets her find injured Survivors, and so on.

Comments

  • Going to bump this and, to get things going, provide some examples of possible Teachable Add-On Ideas:

    The Trapper: When you pick up a Survivor from a Trap, your movement speed while transporting the body is increased by 18%

    The Wraith: When cloaked, your field of vision is increased by 15 degrees.

    The Hillbilly: After injuring a Survivor with the Chainsaw, the generator closest to completion gives you a Loud Noise notification and you have the Undetectable status for 12 seconds.

    The Shape: Become obsessed with one Survivor. Every time you level up Evil Within while stalking any Survivor except the Obsession, gain a token. Every Survivor other than the Obsession gains a stackable 3% penalty to Repair, Healing, and Sabotage speed for each Token.

    The Cannibal: Successful attack with Bubba's Chainsaw cause Survivors to drop their item on impact. The lost Item is damaged in the fall, losing 10% of its base amount of Charges.

    The Hag: Successful Phantasm attacks inflict the Blindness status until the Survivor is healed.

    The Clown: When a Survivor Intoxicated by the Afterpiece Tonic, the next window they leap through becomes blocked by the Entity for 16 seconds.

  • For Meyers, I think it might be a bit op. Just because it could potentially stack with the perk it emulates. With the nurse's add-ons, there isn't anything that could stack. Maybe if it had the stipulation added to the add-on that it doesn't stack. Though, then it wouldn't be worth using with Thanatophobia. Maybe if it emulated STBFL instead, with the stipulation that it doesn't stack?

  • I don't actually like add-ons that emulate already-existing perks. I feel like that just causes add-ons and perks to sorta bleed together.

  • @DWolfAlpha said:

    For Meyers, I think it might be a bit op. Just because it could potentially stack with the perk it emulates. With the nurse's add-ons, there isn't anything that could stack. Maybe if it had the stipulation added to the add-on that it doesn't stack. Though, then it wouldn't be worth using with Thanatophobia. Maybe if it emulated STBFL instead, with the stipulation that it doesn't stack?

    Yeah, Myers is one of the trickier ones to do this with, for that reason.

    @TAG said:

    I don't actually like add-ons that emulate already-existing perks. I feel like that just causes add-ons and perks to sorta bleed together.

    That's one reason it's limited to just the Killer's own Teachable perks, and their activate is somehow linked to their power. My understanding is the teachables were meant to promote a specific playstyle for the Killer they're designed for, so this is meant to work in that vein.

  • @DWolfAlpha said:

    For Meyers, I think it might be a bit op. Just because it could potentially stack with the perk it emulates. With the nurse's add-ons, there isn't anything that could stack. Maybe if it had the stipulation added to the add-on that it doesn't stack. Though, then it wouldn't be worth using with Thanatophobia. Maybe if it emulated STBFL instead, with the stipulation that it doesn't stack?

    Super PWYF and STBFL, lol.

  • @Zeidoktor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1349849#Comment_1349849

    Yeah, Myers is one of the trickier ones to do this with, for that reason.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1349859#Comment_1349859

    That's one reason it's limited to just the Killer's own Teachable perks, and their activate is somehow linked to their power. My understanding is the teachables were meant to promote a specific playstyle for the Killer they're designed for, so this is meant to work in that vein.

    More like Nurse's add-on were made like that because her rework was rushed and didnt know what to give her.

    Leaving that aside, this just feels unnecessary because if I wanted to run a specific build, I would want to have the full effect of a perk. Not a watered down version that makes it even more situational. I would rather have add-ons that boost numbers considerably.

  • Honestly, I hate that the effects of the add-ons make the perk useless. Primarily because they emulate the effects of the t3 versions of the perks. At the same time, I like that a decent nurse would essentially be working with 6 perks.