[Opinion and story thread] Why I bring NOED on insta-down killers

I just had a trial where I turned a 1k into a 3k thanks to NOED because survivors tend to stick around with it in play. I was playing Oni, brought DH, MYC, NOED, NC, because it's the best build I can get right now with the perks I have. Even those four are just tier 1.

Anyway, they destroyed my DH before I could get 3 tokens and MYC 1's duration is too short due to all the looping, so I was essentially playing with one (almost useless) perk before they repaired all the generators. NOED comes into play, I catch a survivor who'd been hooked once and she dies before the others can unhook (although NOED was destroyed shortly before she died).

Thanks to this small delay, and because survivors wouldn't leave, I was able to get enough blood orbs to fully charge my ability. A cocky survivor had approached to try to bait me away from the hook and was still hanging around, so I go full Blood Fury and down her. The last survivor realizes her mistake and finally leaves.

The moral of the story, like the one before this, is: if you can, leave. 1k (a loss) turned into a 3k (a win) while the EGC was active because survivors didn't leave.

And the opinion is simple: NOED and other insta-down perks are underrated on insta-down killers.

Comments

  • Now people come and complain because you use NOED and you wouldnt win otherwise. They just cant accept the lose.

  • @Demonl3y One of them already did, in the chat. Said I shouldn't have brought NOED because Oni already has an insta-down, baby NOED killer, blah blah blah. Already forgot what he said, that's how impactful it was.

  • And that's why I go on totem hunts before the rest of my team powers through the rest of the gens so this nonsense doesn't happen 😀😂

  • @I_am_Negan To be fair, I probably would've gotten that 2k anyhow. She was alone at one gate while the other two were at the other gate and had already been hooked twice.

  • @Orion Is that the one that was trying to bait you at the hook?

    Yeah that why I just leave if I can't save or can't find noed I just go. It's their own fault

  • @I_am_Negan Nah, it's the one I got with NOED. She was opening one of the gates while the other two survivors were at the other one. Keep in mind I'd already gotten one kill before this.

  • Expose perks on killer with oneshot work well because they are unexpected and you often catch people offguard

  • @Orion I gotcha, well maybe they learn a lesson from this 😂 and anyone else that stumbles across this topic don't ######### around

    You have the chance to leave take it

  • @Sonzaishinai Too true. Gotta keep survivors on their toes.

  • @I_am_Negan You'd think so, but it won't happen until every killer is equipped with Bloodwarden and gets a 4k because survivors just wouldn't leave.

    EDIT: As for me, I'll take my easy escape and watch the rest of them die.

  • EDIT: As for me, I'll take my easy escape and watch the rest of them die.

    image.png