Can we get a change to select both a survivor & a killer challenge in the archive tomes

I figure that would be a nice little QoL update for the way tome challenge selection works. Currently, if you want to switch roles while still doing challenges you have to go into the Archives & manually switch to a challenge of the role you want to play next. Just for convenience sake, it would be nice to be able to select 1 challenge for each role so I don't have to keep changing everything in the archives. I get equipping more than 1 challenge in a specific role is a bit problematic because then people could complete multiple challenges per match, which would make the tome grind super easy. If it's just 1 challenge per role though, it wouldn't change that grind at all but makes me not have to always go back into the archive whenever I'm jumping around between killer & survivor. As for challenges that can be done under both roles, either those could occupy the challenge selection for both roles or you could select that challenge under a specific role.

Another little change that would be nice is auto-selection of the next challenge. Just ways to reduce having to constantly load up the Archives all the time. Not sure exactly how that would function, especially at points where a tome splits into 2+ paths, but just something I've thought about.

Comments

  • I'd love to select two at a time to ease some of the grindy ones. Like, finish the match with no totems and cleanse 20 totems or escape using X perk along with get 20 gold emblems. That way you're making some kind of progress every match, even if you fail a master challenge you can still make progress on a grindy challenge.

  • @JHondo well I don't think they allow 2+ challenges being allowed to be worked on at the same time because of how much time each section of the tome gives people to complete it. A good portion of players that focus on the challenges can have them done in a matter of days. I just finished the 3rd section of this tome we are in currently in like 3 days. This is why I believe they are apparently adding 5 sections to the next tome (don't quote me on that, but I'm fairly certain I heard that somewhere).

  • Yeah, I wish I could select separate challenges for survivor and killer. So many times I've forgotten that I changed the challenge and oops, anything I did didn't count because I was playing killer with a survivor challenge selected. -_-

    A better option (which BHVR would probably never do but man, this would be so preferable) would be to let players choose which challenge they want progress to go towards at the end of a match. It's super annoying to be trying to complete one challenge and while you fail that one you happen to complete the requirements of a different challenge that you didn't select. I've got a few different Tome 2 challenges left and it'd be nice if while I try for one challenge I could put my failed attempts towards a different challenge (trying to 4k as Spirit or Doc, but when I inevitably fail I put the match towards one of the Malicious emblem challenges). Having the ability to choose one of the available challenges after a match would be one of the best QoL updates the Archives could get.