Vault Mechanics Fix
Firstly, let me start by saying that this isn't a thread moaning about slow vaulting. While I do think a change is needed, this is what it is:
If a survivor is running, they have to had run for at least 3 seconds. If they have the next vault they perform is that fastest vault possible. Once the vault is complete they have to run another 3 seconds etc.
But that isn't about this. Its about the mechanics regarding vaulting in the first place. I have discovered more and more that when I get to a vault I have to wait for the vault symbol to appear before I can. Sometimes this appears from sole distance and is perfectly fine, but others it appear right when I am up against the window and lost my speed. The killers already get silly things like being able to hit on the other sides of pallets even when you are on the other side.
My proposal would be a kind of parkour mode, where you hold in my case: R1 and L1 and that in turns allows you to smoothly vault over anything that you approach. At least at this point chases would feel more fun and not getting frustrated at the fact that I can't vault half the time without losing my speed and the getting downed by a killer because they were able to hit me on the other side of the pallet when my feet are on the ground.
If a survivor is running, they have to had run for at least 3 seconds. If they have the next vault they perform is that fastest vault possible. Once the vault is complete they have to run another 3 seconds etc.
But that isn't about this. Its about the mechanics regarding vaulting in the first place. I have discovered more and more that when I get to a vault I have to wait for the vault symbol to appear before I can. Sometimes this appears from sole distance and is perfectly fine, but others it appear right when I am up against the window and lost my speed. The killers already get silly things like being able to hit on the other sides of pallets even when you are on the other side.
My proposal would be a kind of parkour mode, where you hold in my case: R1 and L1 and that in turns allows you to smoothly vault over anything that you approach. At least at this point chases would feel more fun and not getting frustrated at the fact that I can't vault half the time without losing my speed and the getting downed by a killer because they were able to hit me on the other side of the pallet when my feet are on the ground.
Comments
it sounds nice
What you describe is the OLD vaulting system, that was nerfed for balance reasons.
Because not every regular survivor is a parcour runner.
And you seem to miss my point: That's how it was earlier and it was changed for a reason, survivor vaulted way to fast and way to easy.
And I hope it will never com back, because it is stupid that every survivor runs and jumps like Jackie Chan.
Everything works as intended.
Thats what we got in the first time, but it was changed because devs were too able to rework maps and had to nerf window looping for obvious reasons
You are just being an idiot now for the point listed above. You are deliberately being a troll
The developers had this, and it was deemed unbalanced and didn't make sense in context of many survivors. The developers want you to have to click to vault. If you feel the screen indicator that you can now vault is being ill-timed than that is what should be fixed, not the requirement to have to push the button to trigger the vault.
Now we get down to insult… ok...
You don't like truth, huh?
You want a big buff to vaulting, that would be as bad as old, maybe even more braindead as the old one, because you want it easier to time, without the need of ANY skill and thinking in advance, but call me a troll?
Smart move. That will totally raise up your credibility.