Survivors, what do you consider “winning a chase?”

Curious here, I’m a solo survivor been red rank for a long time if it matters, not that it does I still kind of suck and admit it.

anyways to my question and topic...I’m not a great looper, I can’t do 4-5 gen chases I don’t do window tech, etc but if I can waste a solid minute of the killers time I feel like I really helped my team, of course hearing a couple gens pop during chases is even better!

Tagged: ModTrusted

Comments

  • Not being in a chase in the first place. I'm still doing generators, healing people, and performing safe hook removals, but I'm trying to do it without being chased. Obviously anytime you escape as a survivor you have won, but I consider escaping without having been in a chase a better win. I just get some sort of satisfaction out of not being seen by the killer

  • @WheresTheGate said:

    Not being in a chase in the first place. I'm still doing generators, healing people, and performing safe hook removals, but I'm trying to do it without being chased. Obviously anytime you escape as a survivor you have won, but I consider escaping without having been in a chase a better win. I just get some sort of satisfaction out of not being seen by the killer

    Probably because that’s what we would do in real life!!! Not attract the killer with a flashlight and run around a truck 5 times

  • Usually its when I escape the killer and can resume my other objectives.

    Sometimes its when I get chased long enough for my team to get us better positioned in the match - whether it be popping gens, getting all healed, getting a pesky totem, etc.

  • Just making sure the killer isn't chasing me any more.

    PWYF and Legion's FF are not counted in this because PWYF is more of a spook and a stack, and FF is designed to get multiple survivors.

  • @johnmwarner said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1331375#Comment_1331375

    Probably because that’s what we would do in real life!!! Not attract the killer with a flashlight and run around a truck 5 times

    That sounds logical to me. In real life I would want to stay as far away from the person that wants to attract the killer as the killer themself

  • 3 ways I consider it a win is of course escaping so I can heal and get back at it. Doing a nice long chase that the others get at a good chunk of gens worked on or completed is better, even if I am downed and hooked at the end. Also like everyone else says, the killer gives up and goes after someone else.

    I am great at looping, not great at turning back at them to get them a miss swing but I do pull it off now and then.

  • Winning a chase to me is how much time did i waste of the killer. If 2 or 3 gens were done. I won!

  • Getting a head on stun, making killer respect the pallet and then hitting them with the same pallet in a forehead

  • For me when I die I’d say That I win the match when a baby killer Is being a potato and hitting me when hooked.

  • 30+ seconds without wasting a pallet or getting a hit is a win chase imo. 30+ second chase if you didn’t at least get a hit or a pallet is a bad deal for a killer. The killer needs to get a hit or a pallet in roughly 15 seconds or it’s been a misplay. Imo

1 2 ›