Lagswitching?
I have played dbd for about 10 months and I still don't know what a lag switcher is. Can anyone tell me?
I have played dbd for about 10 months and I still don't know what a lag switcher is. Can anyone tell me?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
There's sometimes when it's so completely and blatantly obvious there's no doubt about it. While other times it might just be the occasional hiccup. But sadly since it hasn't been hard coded into the detection system there's videos out there on how to do it even on Consoles now.
But like wallhacking it takes a long time to learn the subtle differences between the 2. One good way to figure things out is to record games and watch yourself. If you get the same killer and notice differences ie they get kills easily no lag but struggle then all the sudden the alg hits it might be a clue.
If the killer is lagswitching, these things will start to happen when your in a chase: You’ll be lagging a lot, teleporting back to the killer, slowed movement due to very slowed fps.
My entire 9 or 10 months playing DBD, Me and my friends only went up against one lag switcher and it was a lagswitching Clown and they were making it very obvious they were doing it. Every time one of us got in a chase with him, we would start to teleport back to him and have slowed movement. Not to mention, my friend tried to flashlight save me and his flashlight froze in the air, LOL. We all DC’ed from that match and even the random that was with us knew he was lag switching before I even DM’ed him and told him.
I recorded the lag switch Survivor and sent it to BHVR. This was when DBD first came out on console. Was the first two weeks I had the game. They made it extremely obvious they were lag switching.
Lagg switch is when the game basically freezes and the killer teleports and downs you without you being able to do anything. It happens everythign in a split second and yuo only see the result.
Most survivors confuse laggswitchign with laggspikes, I have only occured 2 laggswitchers in my entire playtime
A survivor cant lag switch? The killer is the host I thought.
It's quite easy to spot once you know what you are looking for.
I suggest making a lag switch, a simple google search shows how (takes about 5 min). Then go into KYF and play around with it with friends so you can identify it.
Is there some other place I can upload a video? I have recorded a match with really extreme lagging.
Extreme lagging is not laggswitching
And yes, you can upload the video to youtube and then post that link into the report screen
Lag switch is when a person hits a button on their controller and the game pauses for everyone except that person. you can easily tell though if it's just laging or lags-switch it's common in fps games. I had a game vs a lag switcher/hacker on ps4 about a week ago he also had speed boost.
I have been frozen at pallets unable to drop they or triple vault through a window. I'm not sure if that is state of the game or cheating. Since it has been more frequent after the 2.0 update i will blame the game.
Agreed, playing on console is currently not that great we don't need more people throwing temper tantrums.
I´ve faced a few lag switchers. But most of the supposed lag switchers are simply lag spikes.
Lag switch: when you get no progress while holding m1, hear no killer and suddenly you are downed.
Oh and survivors can lag switch too. Had more than enough survivors teleport like a nurse. But to a point that they were faster than the killer.
I've owned the game for less then a month and I've seen this (at least) two times now. Once was as a killer and the other as a suvivor. Was chasing a guy as the killer and it looked like he kept teleporting forward every ten or so steps. As a suvivor I would be running one direction and kept getting pulled back from where I was before. I'm pretty sure its happen more but wasn't nearly as bad/obvious as those two matches.
How does a survivor lag switch? Since the killer is the host shouldnt the killer still be able to fully interact with the survivor even if that survivor disconnects and reconnects their internet since it is primarily through the killers connection? Or is it just a console thing.