Mirror Myers (evil within 1)

Hello dear devs of Dead by Daylight,

i had now several rounds now with Myers in which i got looped to death (round end) even though i chased other survivors each time. the pallets are to safe without bloodlust on him with his mirror addon. Could you maybe change it so that without the mirror addon he still has no bloodlust (it shouldnt reward someone who isnt stalking anyone) but should be there when the addon is used because it just lets you stay on power level 1.


i could use some other perks too but i shouldnt be forced to play with perks i dont want just to use a addon correctly of him.

Comments

  • With the Scratched Mirror, you force yourself into playing purely as a stealth/jumpscare killer, Scratched Mirror Myers isn't intended to ever be very capable in a chase. It's part of why add-ons like this make him so unique; they completely change the way he has to play and use his power.

    Before they add Bloodlust to his Scratched Mirror kit (which would probably make the Vanity Mirror obsolete), there is a different buff I'd like to see return:

    Myers is permanently in the Undetectable status while in EW I. However, he no longer counteracts survivor detection/killer aura perks like he used to before that status was added and implemented (as Undetectable doesn't counter perks). I think the Scratched Mirror (and maybe the Vanity Mirror too) should return this aspect to Myer's wheelhouse. He would be horrid in a chase, but extremely competent at sneaking up on survivors for free hits and grabs. It was this element of Perma-Tier I Myers that could actually make him threatening to go against and fun to play, especially on maps with poor sightlines.

  • 1,800 hours in this game, and Scratched Mirror Myers still gives me heart attacks.

  • @APoipleTurtle said:

    With the Scratched Mirror, you force yourself into playing purely as a stealth/jumpscare killer, Scratched Mirror Myers isn't intended to ever be very capable in a chase. It's part of why add-ons like this make him so unique; they completely change the way he has to play and use his power.

    Before they add Bloodlust to his Scratched Mirror kit (which would probably make the Vanity Mirror obsolete), there is a different buff I'd like to see return:

    Myers is permanently in the Undetectable status while in EW I. However, he no longer counteracts survivor detection/killer aura perks like he used to before that status was added and implemented (as Undetectable doesn't counter perks). I think the Scratched Mirror (and maybe the Vanity Mirror too) should return this aspect to Myer's wheelhouse. He would be horrid in a chase, but extremely competent at sneaking up on survivors for free hits and grabs. It was this element of Perma-Tier I Myers that could actually make him threatening to go against and fun to play, especially on maps with poor sightlines.

    Wait, I thought the whole point of Undetectable was that it does counter survivor aura perks. The change to tier 1 Myers is that he used to be immune to Spine Chill, but after the update to the "Undetectable" status he lost the immunity to Spine Chill. What he gained was zero terror radius, so Myers no longer has to run M&A, but not being immune to Spine Chill anymore does hurt him. It was a nice feature of his tier 1 EW and I miss it.

    Edit: Yeah, Undetectable is listed here as preventing the killer from having their aura revealed https://deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Status_HUD

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1323811#Comment_1323811

    Wait, I thought the whole point of Undetectable was that it does counter survivor aura perks. The change to tier 1 Myers is that he used to be immune to Spine Chill, but after the update to the "Undetectable" status he lost the immunity to Spine Chill. What he gained was zero terror radius, so Myers no longer has to run M&A, but not being immune to Spine Chill anymore does hurt him. It was a nice feature of his tier 1 EW and I miss it.

    Edit: Yeah, Undetectable is listed here as preventing the killer from having their aura revealed https://deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Status_HUD

    Yeah, Undetectable definitely counters survivor aura perks. I run Kindred religiously, and if I see someone get hooked without a killer aura showing up, it is almost without fail a Scratched Mirror Myers (and he still gives me a heart attack every time he comes out of nowhere lol).

    Undetectable doesn't counter stuff like Spine Chill and Premonition though, because those are not aura perks.

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1323811#Comment_1323811

    Wait, I thought the whole point of Undetectable was that it does counter survivor aura perks. The change to tier 1 Myers is that he used to be immune to Spine Chill, but after the update to the "Undetectable" status he lost the immunity to Spine Chill. What he gained was zero terror radius, so Myers no longer has to run M&A, but not being immune to Spine Chill anymore does hurt him. It was a nice feature of his tier 1 EW and I miss it.

    Edit: Yeah, Undetectable is listed here as preventing the killer from having their aura revealed https://deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Status_HUD

    Undetectable doesn't counter most of the detection perks that survivors have access to (though it does counter Terror Radius perks like Borrowed Time and Stake Out). The one's that don't read auras aren't countered, but in practice I've found that some perks will ignore the supposed "no aura reading" that Undetectable provides (I've noticed this most with Alert, Dark Sense, and Object of Obsession, though it's probably a bug).

    It gives the killer is no terror radius and no red stain.

    I don't think the status itself needs to be buffed to counter the many perks that survivors can find the killer with, but I do really want for this "your perks can't see me" ability to be restored to Tier I Myers (and Tier II while using Vanity Mirror). It would be a good QoL improvement to help Myers shape up.

  • @APoipleTurtle said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1323819#Comment_1323819

    Undetectable doesn't counter any of the detection perks that survivors have access to (though it does counter Terror Radius perks like Borrowed Time and Stake Out). This means that Spine Chill, Premonition, Dark Sense, Object of Obsession, etc can all still detect an "Undetectable" killer.

    All it gives the killer is no terror radius and no red stain.

    I don't think the status itself needs to be buffed to counter the many perks that survivors can find the killer with, but I do really want for this "your perks can't see me" ability to be restored to Tier I Myers (and Tier II while using Vanity Mirror). It would be a good QoL improvement to help Myers shape up.

    Undetectable counters aura detection perks, just not non-aura detection perks (like Spine Chill). If survivors see a killer's aura while they're Undetectable, it's a bug. Like I said, this link https://deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Status_HUD even gives the details on the Undetectable status, which includes hiding the killer's aura.

    The Undetectable status was implemented specifically so that stealth killers would no longer have their auras revealed by perks like OoO, which basically completely countered the entire purpose of that killer's power. Survivors were using OoO to make Ghost Face completely useless and so the devs intervened.

  • @APoipleTurtle said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1323819#Comment_1323819

    Undetectable doesn't counter any of the detection perks that survivors have access to (though it does counter Terror Radius perks like Borrowed Time and Stake Out). This means that Spine Chill, Premonition, Dark Sense, Object of Obsession, etc can all still detect an "Undetectable" killer.

    All it gives the killer is no terror radius and no red stain.

    I don't think the status itself needs to be buffed to counter the many perks that survivors can find the killer with, but I do really want for this "your perks can't see me" ability to be restored to Tier I Myers (and Tier II while using Vanity Mirror). It would be a good QoL improvement to help Myers shape up.

    I'm sorry, but a lot of what you're saying here is just flat-out not true. Undetectable ABSOLUTELY hard-counters all aura reading perks, including Dark Sense and Object of Obsession. Any perks that show the killer's aura to you, in pink, are disabled by Undetectable. Spine Chill and Premonition do not show the killer's aura and are thus not impacted by the Undetectable status.

    Here is the description of Undetectable, from the official DBD wiki:

    Applies to a Killer's Stealth Mechanics. When a Killer is Undetectable, the following effects are applied:

    • The Killer's Terror Radius is removed.
    • The Killer's Red Stain is hidden.
    • The Killer will not have their Aura revealed.
    • The Killer does not trigger the jump-scare sound effect that plays when starting to move after standing still for a moment.
    • The Killer sees the smoky screen visual effect, indicating stealth.