Dear Lag Switchers...

I am SICK and TIRED of lag switchers using the tool to kill players or to escape killers to boost their rank. There I said it. These people are what makes playing in red ranks or any rank not fun. If you are trash at the game, be that and get better but lag switching(which primarily happens on the PS4) is a coward move. Im sick of losing rank due to disconnecting because I refuse to boost these hackers stats. I surprises me that the DBD team hasn't done anything about this sooner. Im done playing the game until this gets fixed and if it doesn't then so long Dead by Daylight. To those that use lag switch to win against people, I hope you are ready for when this crap is put to rest because when it is you'll be in for a hell of a wake up call. Good Luck.

P.S. The people i'm complaining about do ACTUALLY use lag switch. the lag only starts when there are only 2 gens left and they've yet to down anyone, so I don't want to hear crap about a bad internet connection.

Sincerely,

An Angry MEGladon

And no I won't shut up for those family guy fans out there.

Comments

  • @raygerrr said:

    I am SICK and TIRED of lag switchers using the tool to kill players or to escape killers to boost their rank. There I said it. These people are what makes playing in red ranks or any rank not fun. If you are trash at the game, be that and get better but lag switching(which primarily happens on the PS4) is a coward move. Im sick of losing rank due to disconnecting because I refuse to boost these hackers stats. I surprises me that the DBD team hasn't done anything about this sooner. Im done playing the game until this gets fixed and if it doesn't then so long Dead by Daylight. To those that use lag switch to win against people, I hope you are ready for when this crap is put to rest because when it is you'll be in for a hell of a wake up call. Good Luck.

    P.S. The people i'm complaining about do ACTUALLY use lag switch. the lag only starts when there are only 2 gens left and they've yet to down anyone, so I don't want to hear crap about a bad internet connection.

    Sincerely,

    An Angry MEGladon

    And no I won't shut up for those family guy fans out there.

    It's probably just their awful Internet. I made a thread about this as well. They are so annoying.

  • This literally doesn't exist anymore...it's dedicated servers..

  • @Strangerwithbigiron said:

    uhhh you aware on how lagswitch works to begin with?

    not only that the game is now on dedicated servers soo no one hosts the match.

    true, but hit detection is still on the killers side. So if he lags, the surv position wont be updated -> hits from far away. Look at this clip from Scott Jund:

    https://youtu.be/MiC1wnSJuNM?t=452

    He isnt lagging, everything works fine for him (no rubberbanding).

    At the 4year anniversary stream they said that they're working on server sided hit validation.

  • It does exist both for Killers (VPN) and survivors (lag switching)

    Here's an example https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/157556/lagswitching-survivors-on-dedicated-servers#latest