What do you think about DbD ranks being permanent like Rocket League ranks?

Just asking, consider this a poll thread or so.

Comments

  • Yea but you'd be stuck playing the same peoplw
  • @chemical_reject said:
    Yea but you'd be stuck playing the same peoplw

    Seasons, it would last just longer. Idk, it's just an idea.

  • @chemical_reject said:
    Yea but you'd be stuck playing the same peoplw

    Should be also more difficult to rank up.

  • We need Rank DECAY with SEASONS, and not just monthly rank resets.

  • @Vietfox said:

    @chemical_reject said:
    Yea but you'd be stuck playing the same peoplw

    Should be also more difficult to rank up.

    They made it more difficult. Survivors spazzed. They made it easy.

  • @Might_Oakk said:

    @Vietfox said:

    @chemical_reject said:
    Yea but you'd be stuck playing the same peoplw

    Should be also more difficult to rank up.

    They made it more difficult. Survivors spazzed. They made it easy.

    Translation: A few survivors spazzed so you blame all survivors because they decided to tweak things since the change didn't work how they'd intended.

  • powerbats said:

    @Might_Oakk said:

    @Vietfox said:

    @chemical_reject said:
    Yea but you'd be stuck playing the same peoplw

    Should be also more difficult to rank up.

    They made it more difficult. Survivors spazzed. They made it easy.

    Translation: A few survivors spazzed so you blame all survivors because they decided to tweak things since the change didn't work how they'd intended.

    Thank u!! I hate when EVERY survivor gets lumped into the complainer catagory 
  • I could stand behind seasonal rank resets but I believe @Brady mentioned rank decay now how would that work? Is it every day you don’t play you go down a rank or a pip and if so is there a limit? Like can you not go past rank 15? Because some will use that as a means to go back to lower ranks for “easy” games
  • @Mr_Jay_Stark said:
    I could stand behind seasonal rank resets but I believe @Brady mentioned rank decay now how would that work? Is it every day you don’t play you go down a rank or a pip and if so is there a limit? Like can you not go past rank 15? Because some will use that as a means to go back to lower ranks for “easy” games

    How it usually works is you have to play x % games in a week and after that you start to decay, in this case usually a pip would be sufficient. They could base it off an average of your ranks playtime so if the average is 5 games a week. Then you'd need to play at least that or 2-3 games as an example.

  • powerbats said:

    @Mr_Jay_Stark said:
    I could stand behind seasonal rank resets but I believe @Brady mentioned rank decay now how would that work? Is it every day you don’t play you go down a rank or a pip and if so is there a limit? Like can you not go past rank 15? Because some will use that as a means to go back to lower ranks for “easy” games

    How it usually works is you have to play x % games in a week and after that you start to decay, in this case usually a pip would be sufficient. They could base it off an average of your ranks playtime so if the average is 5 games a week. Then you'd need to play at least that or 2-3 games as an example.

    Ah thanks then yea I could settle for that
  • Be good if its more difficult to rank up. It shouldn't just be time but a good measure of where you should be playing to have fun. I am not a rank 1-5 player.. I shouldn't be in dat rank and some lucky games shouldn't move me higher then I belong. When they can do that a simi perm.. within a few levels might work out nice.

  • I would prefer if they were permanent. Maybe a little bit of decay over time *if* you haven’t played in a while. 5 Ranks per reset on the 13th *if* you haven’t played in the last 30 days. 

    I never liked the idea of Rank reset or ranking down. It’s just an open door for “smurfing” and beating on lower ranks and newbies, on both sides. 
  • powerbats said:

    @Might_Oakk said:

    @Vietfox said:

    @chemical_reject said:
    Yea but you'd be stuck playing the same peoplw

    Should be also more difficult to rank up.

    They made it more difficult. Survivors spazzed. They made it easy.

    Translation: A few survivors spazzed so you blame all survivors because they decided to tweak things since the change didn't work how they'd intended.

    Translation: the majority of survivors failed to rank up, which caused extremely long lobby queues for killers on high rank.